It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poll on Assad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm conducting a poll on what you think Anglo-American and Western European governments should do about the nominal leader of Syria, Assad.

A. Attack and depose him either by overt or covert means.
B.Utterly ignore him and let him "tend to his own business."
C. Ally with him and help him reclaim full leadership of Syria, either by overt or covert means.
D.Other(explain)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I guess I'll go with D:

The United States and its allies would want nothing more than to have Assad taken down, and their own government replace him. However, it's not that easy. With Libya being a good example. I think they should work with Assad, the Free Syrian Army, and groups like the Kurds to make peace.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ignore him !
Let the Russians run arounf the Middle East..
let us rest for while.

It'll be our turn again soon enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Ignore him !
Let the Russians run arounf the Middle East..
let us rest for while.

It'll be our turn again soon enough.

I +1 this sentiment 100%. We just need some time to restructure and get our outstanding debts in order. I say a good decade or so of letting not just Russia and Syria manage their own #, but the rest of the world as well should give us plenty of time to get things in order. By 2025, the world will be begging for our action again anyways!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Got it.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Leave him alone and tend to our own problems!

One hundred and six thousand americans killed by prescription drugs. That means every ten years more than a million americans will die.

How many americans has assad killed?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
if you were a Syrian citizen being attacked by your own government, you would want someone to come to your aid. with great power comes great responsibility. any dictator that kills its own helpless people should be stopped. to be indifferent is just as bad as doing nothing, to intervene and stand up for the weak is heroic.

ethics 101. internet lurkers are USUALLY the worst of humanity. you might as well have asked how you want the Syrians to die.

a basic knowledge of history should be mandatory. remember what the french did when the red coats ruled the colonies? most people dont
edit on 19-1-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

B and maybe C if he is willing to play ball.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

you should probably get a thorough reading of where and how it all actually started before you go repeating more sound bites and rumors. Had the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey never interfered, the small faction tied to foreign NGO's and funded from questionable sources, as well as the police and soldiers they initially snipered similar to what happened in Kiev would have been over and dealt with swiftly. But thats for many other threads which already explain just that. Or Start here
edit on 19-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

i have read extensively on syria, if you want to say the original story is BS and shout conspiracy, then i cant defend an unbeatable claim. i do believe the events happened as they did. i dont expect anyone on a conspiracy site to believe any mainstream source.

im fully aware the US funds rebels. i dont care. assad should be removed just like saddam

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I may start with believing the Jesuit priest who lived there for a half century, under Assad's rule, and subsequently murdered by "our good/bad guys" and saw how it started first hand, rather than take a CNN's producers/editors in New York being given the reports from the guys that started murdering the police when they infiltrated the protest movement in 2011. But thats just me.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

so the rebels killed government guns? isnt this a war? its irrelevant anyways. what assad did was inexcusable, bottom line is a political leader attacked civilian protesters. popularity doesn't matter, as a leader of a country there are certain things you dont do. he is unjustifiable.

its one persons word you have here and i dont believe him. you dont wage war on your own population.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

have fun defending a child murderer

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

A poll on Assad

How about Assad on a poll

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Look I am pretty certain I know what you are trying to do here. But I wont bite. You have your version of events which has been entirely provided by Western/Saudi/Turkish/and Israeli intelligence and the cannibal, slave trading, child murdering rapists that you will unwaveringly support and believe. I will choose to believe the independent analysis of the Professors and academics who seek the exposure of all the facts and the truth provided by the actual eyewitnesses and citizens who were living there for decades (all their lives), as well as being corroborated with dozens of references from foreign media as well as those of traditional allies.

Moving on from that, I thusly suspect your choice and answer for this poll is A , which will continue to lead to more Syrian deaths and refugees in Europe, which you will somehow attribute to still being the fault of Assad.

If you know someones home is on fire, and that you keep pouring gasoline on it because you did not like the head of the household for being a wife beater and believe this is how you can end him as a problem, how exactly are you saving the family inside you claim to be his victim by burning them alive as well???

Like you just said, once your child raping, slave trading, cannibals start the war, people are going to die. Trust me bruh, you are in the minority. Our own governments policy has killed more children here at home than Assad ever has. Whatever though, keep repeating "mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all
"
edit on 19-1-2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
D....work with him to restore Syria, annihilate every terrorist group within his borders, with him by our side....reform the government with his help.

Then handcuff him and set him before the ICC for War Crimes...

edit on 19-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

so basically dictators should not be overthrown because it will hurt their regime?

believe what you want. i will stick with credible sources, you stick with whomever claims to have seen the first shots. you dont respond to protests by killing your opposition. im not surprised you claim conspiracy and claim international intelligence to be corrupt.

you forgot to mention the reptilian overlords controlling the UN

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Listen,you dont want to read the FACTS I sourced there, whatever. 5 years on, the world knows exactly what happened, the truth of who actually started to kill whom first, who funded the deaths of the Syrian people, and so on. I really don't need to convince you, I just need to make sure I am a counter balance to the very half truths and whole lies you either unknowingly or willfully repeat from editors, producers, and politicians who are not present and being given their info from the barbarians, knowing exactly what their intent is.

It was the same EXACT story in Libya, but am definitely not going down that road right now. and frankly, Assad is a Saint compared to our allies in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Bahrain. I suppose you dont want to hear that though either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join