It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find hints of the soul at the quantum level.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Perhaps there is merge point between the spiritual and scientific world.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Again, many scientists in complete awe of the symmetry of it all, intuitively have come to the awareness of 'soul'. This is not a broadly announced potential being, so far, only on Huff's site and Facebook, for obvious reasons, yet it may be the start to further deliberate investigation despite no real financial potential by the technocrat crowd.

One can only hope...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm sure I'll get some heat but

I've thought something along these lines for quite sometime.

Bookmarked.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This looks like someone collected a bunch of opinions of various scientists and is trying to pass that off as evidence. Where are the actual "HINTS" that are alleged in the title of the article? Where's the evidence? I don't care about opinions, even if they are of a scientist.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's what I thought.
& I believe in the Soul.

But this read is beyond a joke, imo.

A physicist saw an "apparition", woopty do I see things 24/7.

Can't appeal to my authority though. I'm a nobody.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Frankly, any scientific hint that is referred to(?) is beyond my knowledge/ability to evaluate. I will leave it to you experts.

I suppose even if it an increase of intuitive speculation only, I take it as a step in the right direction.

Too long the scientific/technocrat crowd has failed to apply the same standards to both premises.

Having the idea is the basic step in proving/disproving a premise, one would think.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Perhaps there is merge point between the spiritual and scientific world.

It seems unlikely. I think you can definitely be both scientific and spiritual or 'religious'.
But science by its very nature must operate independent of religion.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I dunno. I disagree. There have been plenty of scientists over the years that have tried to prove the existence of the soul. I see nothing wrong with wanting to believe it is true. If these scientists think it is so, then they just need to prove it. If Quantum Mechanics is the ticket to do so, then great. Looks like they are in the right field. But unless there is something to report it isn't exactly groundbreaking territory here.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Fair enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I modify your post with a "so far".

'By their nature' is mitigated by the fact it's the very nature that's in question......

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Once, many years ago, I came across a book about how to use ESP.

Odd thing was, it really wasn't about that much. It was more about channeled sessions between the author and an entity named "Seth" (I believe Rogers was the author's last name)....

Anyhow, I went into it thinking it was pretty kooky, but then I was pretty shocked to see that the reality described by Seth was pretty much what I had considered to be my own unique idea about it. (I've since learned that "my" idea is certainly not unique, hehe....so humbled by that). The idea of energy not going away, of entities and "spirits" that simply exist on different planes (or vibrational levels) of existence, etc.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Once, many years ago, I came across a book about how to use ESP.

Odd thing was, it really wasn't about that much. It was more about channeled sessions between the author and an entity named "Seth" (I believe Rogers was the author's last name)....

The books are by Jane Roberts. There are quite a few--all channeled material.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Classic. I almost included an "up till now" or a "so far" caveat in my comment.

I'm a fan of Terrence McKenna because he lived in both worlds. He would discuss hard science issues, that were just tedious and dry, and 10 minutes later he'd be expounding on the spiritual, or the supernatural.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This looks like someone collected a bunch of opinions of various scientists and is trying to pass that off as evidence. Where are the actual "HINTS" that are alleged in the title of the article? Where's the evidence? I don't care about opinions, even if they are of a scientist.

The article has limited information because the author has written it to promote his book, of which he links at the bottom of the page.

The article was written in 2014 and the book was published in 2012. If there was any significant finding worth its weight, it would have been picked up and investigated by many more prominent institutions and scientists, especially now that it's a couple of years old.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Or ignored...

Is the climate change phenomena is fair analogy? At least from the aspect of don't you dare go against the conventional/P.C. thinking.....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

you asked for opinons, what more do you want? actually, no you didnt. but posting in a public forum...cmon, you know how this works.

edit on 18-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Amen, just posing alternatives....

edit on 18-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This article may give you some technical information you can research. It's a little above opinion and offer some practical explanations. It's just the beginning but the article is a jumping off point to Google some of the concepts. I am not saying its true just that these are the theories. Plenty of skeptical arguements and rebuttles. Not that that means it isn't true. Just wanted to give the concepts in the theory.
www.inquisitr.com...

edit on 18-1-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Like, duh... something like "ghosts" has been one of the most consistently reported phenomena .. . and those reports are also consistent in their component characteristics, so only someone who's not very "scientific" would discount it offhandedly... once the data is looked at, that is.

That goes for other strange phenomena... if the reports stay basically consistent and numerous, there is likely a "there" there.

One guy with good credentials seeing a ghost shouldn't convince anyone... but reading the incredible amount of other cases from every manner of individual should make one consider it... and then, personal experience is needed for some.

That doesn't mean we have a good hypothesis for how ghosts (or souls) exist, exactly, but that the phenomena exists? Very likely. Are the age old religions correct, though, with their different (and sometimes ludicrous) explanations? Likely not... .they lack consistency and exist precisely because the phenomena is real and only religions offer any explanation. Maybe science, in general, should step up.

Having lived in some "haunted" residences, I can emphatically state that there sure as heck appears to be ghosts... what or how they are is the big can of worms... but they are... from my perspective, and millions or billions of others, anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Going to have to agree with you on this. I'm not seeing any hard evidence or any observations that would actually hint towards a soul.

It is important to know, though, that just because we don't know doesn't mean one doesn't exist. But it is intellectually dishonest to portray this as anything but opinion.

Also, If we do discover there to be a soul, then it no longer is supernatural, because it exists naturally.
edit on 18/1/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Too long the scientific/technocrat crowd has failed to apply the same standards to both premises.

The same standard being a rigorous scientific methodology? How does one apply it to metaphysical powers and entities purported to exist outside the physical universe? What premises are you referring to? The existence versus the non-existence of a soul? Does the soul exist in our physical realm? If so, we should be able to find evidence. As Ghost said, is it even a soul at that point? Science doesn't have some sinister agenda against a soul or evidence for it. The evidence simply hasn't shown up yet.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join