It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU shock as 'out' vote sweeps 6% ahead!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

As I thought Boris wanted us in, I don't see how anyone could even consider him leading the 'out' campaign?

I do know that if we vote to stay in we will never get out again. I also don't see because of the huge differences between the nation states and their economies that it will ever, ever work - only a dictatorship could run this ungainly and burdensome huge clump of land, and I don't want that.

I also don''t want Scotland dictating to me about what happens in England and despair that they didn't leave the UK when they had the chance.

i am reminded of something patronising about immigration that Angela Merkel said to Briton which was "You are a victim of your own success" and now the tables are changed she isn't s'n-word'ing so much either. I don't see the direction that the EU is going in is going to lead to peace, prosperity or anything to look forward to. So far our poverty levels are impacting nearly everyone and middle management is being virtually decimated. If we left I suspect wages would start to rise without the restrictions imposed on our industry etc or the wastage of the huge sums of money the government has to send to Brussels.

I do see England going it alone and our rediscovering our ingenuity and we could do an awful lot with the 10 billion a year it costs us to be in the EU. I find it quite disgusting the bribery biscuits of grants we get back from Brussels and they seem to go mostly to big business and the wealthy anyway. No one is going to ignore the British markets for their goods and they will always want our innovative inventions etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am not in the UK , but I vote you do get out of the EU. There is a reason they call it EEEEEYYYYUUUU

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
10 billion £GBP is a massive annual membership fee to pay for uncontrolled EU immigration and 'free' trade.
To put it in perspective the entire budget for the Welsh government is 15 billion this year, and the austerity cuts to UK welfare amount to 12 billion.

You are absolutely correct that many things could be fixed in the UK with that money.

edit on 17.1.2016 by grainofsand because: clarity

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The UK doesn't have uncontrolled immigration.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well it looks like most on here are for leaving. That seems to be the case in general. Whether it be right or left wing forums the majority of people seem to want out. The only people I have heard saying they want to stay in are the politicians and people like Richard Branson, who lets face it doesnt have to live here most of the time and doesnt like the thought of the costs of trading because it would cut into his profits! a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
The UK doesn't have uncontrolled immigration.

Nice try.
What's the annual quota for eu migrants then?

There isn't one, ergo the immigration is uncontrolled.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson it does from the EU, perhaps check your facts before making assertions?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Yes I agree. If these polls turn out to be true I think Cameron will delay as well.

Boris will jump ships according to which way the wind blows.

Many dont believe we will be allowed to leave even if we vote to. I think there would be real trouble on the streets if that was the case.

I am really surprised at the likes of Michael Gove now supporting the in crowd as he has always been a Eurosceptic.a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Gove will not disappoint Cameron.

I read somewhere the other day that Osborne is a Eurosceptic. What a load of Bull Shine, he's a Bilderberger through and through and the E.U is controlled by the Bilderberg crowd.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

If you vote to leave and aren't allowed to, does that mean the UK has lost its sovereignty?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Course it does. It cant control its borders from hundreds of thousands coming from poorer countries in the EU who are pushing wages down. It cant budget for how many school places are needed etc when it doesnt know how many are going to be coming here legally in next few years. When the EU was originally formed most of the Countries were on an equal footing with regards to economies etc.

On top of that we have thousands coming here illegally who we then arent able to deport because of long drawn up processes and laws created by Brussels. We would be able to have our own laws on deportation without being over ruled by Brussels. The other annoying thing is that Germany then seem able to change these laws when it suits them but we have to beg for concessions.

Add to that all the migrants who Germany have opened their doors to who it is estimated could turn into millions when family members are allowed to join them. They will be free to travel to other countries in 4 years time when they are given passports.

I would therefore say our immigration is out of control. We should be able to allow people into this Country who we need such as doctors, nurses etc and refuse entry to criminals etc. At the moment we cant.
a reply to: WilsonWilson

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
If we vote to leave then the EU will be unable to stop us. There would be rioting on the streets for sure.
The vote is about reclaiming our sovereignty from Brussels.
*Edit* This is not Greece held to ransom with a begging bowl from the EU, we pay 10 billion £GBP annually to be members of the union.

edit on 17.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I completely agree, 10 years ago labourers were getting £70 per day in my area until the Poles, Czech and Slovak workers came over accepting £40 a day for the same job.
Anyone who denies that is nuts or an EU shill.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I know I have lots of friends who are trade people and builders. All say the same. Not everyone can be wrong. The only thing I would say for the Poles they are hard workers and professional but it isnt right to ship them in by the thousands to fill jobs as some agencies have done. Jobs should be first advertised to British people and then outsourced if there is no one to fill the places. Same with nurses we keep being told there arent enough here then train more. Bring back SEN's who learn on the job. Not everyone is academic but may be a brilliant caring nurse.a reply to: grainofsand

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I will vote out! Everywhere I go be it town centres, parks, car boot sales all I can hear is people speaking in other languages. UK is drowning in immigrants and over a million are illegal. Its like being a foreigner in ones own country. There is insufficient jobs, public housing, primary school places, long waiting lists at the NHS, and so on. We take far too many health care workers from abroad rather than train our own to be doctors and nurses etc.
All of these are and will continued to be effected by immigration.
Enoch Powell warned of this problem decades ago!

My view is all immigrants not holding citizenship or part of a family that is British should all be returned to their own countries. All illegals should be round up and shipped home.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have two Polish friends who have both said to me they know many who come here for the tax credits, child benefit. They say it makes them ashamed at times. So some do come for the benefits as well.a reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
should we call it the Brexit......Britain Exit

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
People are calling it that already, it's a ridiculous trivializing buzz word as lame as rUK which the Scots were banding about prior to their referendum.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That is the correct terminology. LETS BREXIT NOW!a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think you're just going to have accept that any notion of a Brexit will trigger an indyref 2, which will have serious implications for rUK, whether you like it or not.

Start rocking in chair in 3...2...1

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think they just need to get on with the referendum ASAP. It's not good for business the waiting around or people who work and live in Europe. People just need to know one way or another. Rather than drag out the process any longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join