It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what would you like to research in science?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Nano-technology mixed with advanced 3D printing. I think that's the wave of the future for space travel, wireless communications, and bunch of other applications. I'm imagining moving, insect-sized robots that can 3D print parts, machines, and other robots.

It would be even better if they could derive their energy and maintenance materials from their surroundings, the same way living creatures do. I guess that would require onboard chemistry "labs" that break down and convert molecules from their surroundings into usable compounds, which are then used to carry out their missions.

Oh & I have no successes in this and would rather others do it. lol

awesome post! your a forward thinker.

Well I like medical tech and I truly see some potential in one invention.
The invention is a dialysis machine that can detect viruses in the blood stream.
However that's not the only thing it can do when the machine detects a virus it uses a laser to basically crack the virus cell, the virus is unable to replicate and the humans bodies white blood cells clean up the mess.
In short with cloud computing and a vast database on all types of human viruses and some coding you have yourself a human Antivirus machine. It wouldn't be a 5 minute process like your computers AV however imagine the possibilities. If they could do this with cancer cells it could possibly stop the cancer from spreading to other parts of the body.

I think the process right now simply detects and attacks a virus. To get the device more like a human AV it would need a detection process then cleanup process. Basically testing the blood for all viruses not just one type then attacking all the virus cells at each pass until the virus is gone.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
FTL space travel.
With a whole plethora of
sub topica.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: yesyesyes
a reply to: Nochzwei The one thing I can't determine is if terminal velocity would impact such a notion.

No, it would not. There is nothing in space (a vacuum), such as molecules of air, to collide with the craft. So the only force on the object would be the gravitational force. The strength of the gravity would determine the speed of the craft.

The interstellar medium is composed of hydrogen, helium and submicronic dust and presents a very real obstacle.

A collector or deflector would be necessary to reach any significant speeds without risking obliteration.
edit on 16-1-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
hm I would like to research in science stuff like: OOBE, prana or chi and auras and global consciousness and subconsciousness. And with some kind of repeatable evidence for these things, I would put to rest the questions of gods and life after death, etc...

But as it stands today, there is no way of measurement for these things so I would first dedicate my research to do that. Maybe I would start from where Tesla or Wilhelm Reich and people like them stopped and check what or if there is any research available.

Or maybe I would start with spiritual people who meditate already for years and can feel and manipulate prana and see if there is something to measure when they do that.

or maybe I would research the people under influence D M T or ayahuasca or certain other drugs.

In any case if I were a scientist with unlimited resources, I would dedicate my research into the true nature of our reality, which is far from only materialistic in my opinion.
edit on 1452946493114January141143116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well, I know it has been researched and the answer is 42, but I really would like to look again at "Life, the Universe and Everything".

I have hunch that there's another answer to be found.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

The list is enormous. A few choice examples are provided for review.

1) advanced propulsion techniques, of the sort which would make a round trip to Mars a matter of a couple of weeks, not several months to a year.

2) focused solar power, and by that I mean solar collectors with a focusing lens array, which drags more light in, and systems to process that solar energy into electrical power with much greater efficiency than anything in production at present.

3) direct human interface systems, so that machines can be controlled by neurological impulses, without the need for any implantation. This would improve all manner of things, including haptic feedback in prosthesis, the use of powered wheelchairs and other mobility devices, and make way for other possibilities in other fields as well.

4) future proofing coastlines, quake zones, areas frequently hit by tornados, to the point where even the most destructive natural disasters could be survived by people inside their dwellings. I am talking about unfloodable homes, houses which cannot be destroyed, moved, or even damaged by tornados and hurricane force winds, and updating city architecture from the underground infrastructure, to the top of their tallest buildings, to the point where only a comet strike capable of killing the whole planet at once, would be a threat to their solidity and stability.

5) understanding and mitigating for a changing climate, by investigating and acting upon the need for vast infrastructural changes to cope with everything up to and including an atmosphere which may become unbreathable, oceans which may cease producing food, and so on.

6) nuclear waste clean up initiatives and research, with the aim of creating compounds capable of rendering any and all nuclear material radiologically inert on a massive scale, so that incidents like Fukushima and Chernobyl can be dealt with properly, rather than simply brushed under the rug, and so that waste can be properly disposed of, rendered safe.

7) the creation of anti-asteroid defence systems, designed to totally neutralise the threat posed by near Earth objects.

8) a space mission involving an unmanned craft, which will go around the Earth, collecting debris from human craft, disused satellites and so on, strip them of their components and useful materials, and use what remains useful, including the nuclear batteries, to build the framework for a massive space platform, many times the size of the ISS, to be used as a shipyard for the creation of future space craft, and as a habitation for those involved in scientific and commercial endeavours in space.

There are other things I could mention, but there are only so many hours in the day.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NochzweiNano-tech is intriguing to me. It would be useful in so many applications.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
FTL space travel.
With a whole plethora of
sub topica.
we are on the threshold of ftl space travel

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Mmmmmmmm.........

Depends on who you ask....

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
hm I would like to research in science stuff like: OOBE, prana or chi and auras and global consciousness and subconsciousness. And with some kind of repeatable evidence for these things, I would put to rest the questions of gods and life after death, etc...

But as it stands today, there is no way of measurement for these things so I would first dedicate my research to do that. Maybe I would start from where Tesla or Wilhelm Reich and people like them stopped and check what or if there is any research available.

Or maybe I would start with spiritual people who meditate already for years and can feel and manipulate prana and see if there is something to measure when they do that.

or maybe I would research the people under influence D M T or ayahuasca or certain other drugs.

In any case if I were a scientist with unlimited resources, I would dedicate my research into the true nature of our reality, which is far from only materialistic in my opinion.

You could start by doing medical research in fMRI associated with some other study of neurological/brain science.

I'd love to get back into computer graphics research.
edit on 16-1-2016 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would like to see development in propulsion using magnets.

Excuse me if this has been done.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Each one of us is intrigued by some or the other aspect in science and researching that is always at the back of one's mind. So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?
Personally , it was my ambition to research anti gravity and have achieved some success in this field

I am also interested in anti gravity, but I am not a scientist, I am a creative however...

I am also interested in the idea of synthesizing gravity because in my minds eye I think it is the key to long haul space travel.

gravity is only strong if you are near to a large object so anti gravity would be pretty useless as space travel.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Enormous list, although all important points
a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I always wanted to go into researching animal intelligence, has always been a fascination of mine for many reasons.

I'm of the opinion that both always anthropomorphizing animals as well as refusing to do so are both faulty assumptions. To assume an animals motivations can't be the same as our own, is just as faulty as assuming they are not. It has always been my desire to study animal intelligence and find both where we are the same and where we differ to further understand the evolution of the mind and sentient thought.

To not only understand the intelligence of beings along the way to our own, but other being similarly intelligent to ourselves. To see how different creatures handle their intelligent and find traits consistent with all that demonstrate it.

By understanding intelligence, how it develops, diverges and what traits stay consistent between all observable beings that demonstrate it we can further posit what other intelligent beings might possess in terms of traits and motivations based upon these observations.

We can both get a clearer picture of what to expect where we to meet other intelligent minds, but also better understand the intelligence that share our world already, from our nearest intellectual competitors to the simplest microbe. No longer see the animal kingdom as what they are but who they are.

Addendum: Forgot the success part. I've not been as involved as I'd like, but have through observing the work of others noted several consistent traits that seem to develop with intelligence irregardless of where it develops. Not enough data to fully confirm or deny though, since is bits and pieces of second hand knowledge.
edit on 1/16/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Interesting. The only thing I worry about is will it kill all viruses or just select ones? I say this because there are more foreign microbe cells in our bodies than human cells (bacteria, fungi, microbes and viruses). But most of them are either harmless or are actually beneficial. In fact, I don't think we even know the effects many of these have on our bodies, much less that they are bad for us.

But I think that technology would be pretty useful for a lot of harmful microbes. I might have to look into that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

How about all the things they said would happen but did not, like how to live on the moon, flying cars, make a submarine that reach the furthest debts of the ocean, a cure for all cancers and the common cold or all dieses that all of us know, or human behavior to make us all get along no matter what our views are.

My list goes on and on

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: rickymouse
Cooking.

Like... Meth or something?

Chemistry? Is that what you're getting at?

Well, Biochemistry or alchemy sound a lot more unappealing that cooking.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
VEAPONS!!! I mean Weapons. I got ze idea for a gravity bomb(a actual gravitational multiplier) that can be used to increase gravity in a localized spot to over 500 times earths gravity using miniturized singularities. of course zis vill require ze shrinking down of ze LHC's apparatus into a more mobile form. Truck sized for a proof of concept for DARPA. zey are very very picky on some of zose tings

anyvay ze veapon will crush internal organs and bone structure leading to ze subjects horrific demise.

(please excuse th e horrible german lol)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
So what particular aspect would you like to research and how far have you succeeded?

Bio chemical & electrical genetic augmentation bonding with advanced technologies

Astral-Ethereal / Paranormal-Supernatural study of the B CEG augmented for further potential advance understanding of their life/death phases, and energy transition locations.

Inhabitant region (multiverse-dimensions) Astral metaphysical & physical exploration, to study potentials for future singularity permitted or denied and their inhabited home regions.

Conspiracy Theory Truth seeker to study the gathered data on Objective reality to see how this data is then transmitted / shared with those associated. These studies will help to understand the mind states of the potential controlled and who/what controls the information release. And how the hold back or share of such data can assist or destroy a species advancements into higher type civilization standard then the "current" type 0 - 1

@How far has 1 succeeded -
Processing

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would like to develop a bacterium that neutralizes radioactive waste, converting plutonium bars etc into harmless mineral.

there's a theory that an ancient civilization developed Godzilla for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join