It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, Alex Jones stopped covering the Oregon situation...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

well here are 2 examples of areas he fears to tread

Why does Alex Jones never talk about Freemasons and Kights Templar?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is Alex Jones a CIA Zionist, Vatican Deflectior?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
How do you tell AJ is a shill?

I dunno, maybe invite him onto a TV show in front of an audience of millions where he has the opportunity to calmly and rationally put forward an argument for the second amendment that resonates with viewers then watch him rapidly devolve into a screaming irrational maniac and discredit the validity of the idea.

Maybe because he stocks a million different types of snake oil that he aggressively sells every 5 minutes.

Maybe because after Jim Tucker quietly gathered valuable information for decades AJ turned up with his bullhorn and forced bilderberg to move their decision making to a different conference nobody knows about or has any chance of discovering while the existing one now has a PR team and acts as a distraction.

Maybe because he loves googly eyed lord Monckton and regularly calls him a libertarian hero for his stance against man made global warming while ignoring the fact he's an old school elitist pro colonialist bootlicker of the Empire.

I dunno, take your pick..

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Yeah but the guy he went on TV and went up against basically got fired after the blowback so who really won?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Jones has a show to do to entertain people. A good part of that is fear mongering. When it became clear that the Oregon militia guys were a collection of idiots saying and doing stupid things, that the Government was ignoring them, the locals wanted them gone and the public at large see them as a joke, it gets real hard to make a show of it. Pretty much he would be left with trying make it seem like every time they do and say something stupid that Government did it. Who wants to listen to that?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Anybody who was on the fence the day that show was aired definitely lost.

Morgan didn't get fired because of Jones despite how AJ tries to spin it. He got fired because of the numerous people who debated him intelligently and made him look stupid and the fact that he built most of his show around a single issue, also because nobody cared for an uppity Brit tourist repeatedly sticking his nose into their constitutional affairs and telling them how to think.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Jones mentioned on this issue that they shouldn’t give the government an excuse to take our guns.

Alex Jones is trying to be more mainstream lately. He wants to be between a Matt Drudge and Glen Beck with a sprinkling of Jesse Ventura.

The problem with Jones is the same problem with anyone who makes a living out of news: they are more involved with entertainment, their career, and making money than telling the truth

edit on 15-1-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The problem with Jones is the same problem with anyone who makes a living out of news: they are more involved with entertainment, their career, and making money that telling the truth

I agree. I've listened to him off and on for a lot of years and I've watched the evolution. It seems that the more msm attention he gets, the more he gravitates toward them.
When you are the only one depending on you, it is much easier to be free than when scores of people are depending on you for their livelihood.

I respect what he's been able to accomplish. But like the guys in Oregon, I don't always agree with his approach. I prefer the happy warrior approach. We seem to be short of those types today so it is up to Alex and a lot of other independent sources to turn over a lot of stones.

ETA: If the occupation was a set-up to take citizens' guns, it appears to have been a miserable failure. These guys have been very clear on their stance on violence. They say it isn't necessary.
edit on 16-1-2016 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Oregon situation is boring compared the the Bundy ranch fiasco.

But I'm very glad to see a whole thread on Alex Jones and no one even mentioned the Bill Hicks conspiracy. If he was really Bill Hicks how can he fake his whole family history, school photographs, ect..?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
As per the video evidence Alex sent his reporters out and "provocateurs" called them out as feds and told them they arent welcome. Pete Santilly is the guy on the scene look him up.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: diogeneese33
If you have links, by all means, share them with us.
At one of the press conferences that I saw, I swear there were more media there than protesters.

Just tonight I've learned that KrisAnne Hall is heading out there to teach a couple of classes on the Constitution. She's going at the request of some of the ranchers. Her impressions should be interesting.

Here is a link to her commentary and explanation of the issue.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
He is about making money. Since the event is becoming so drawn out, his viewers are going to slowly lose interest. So, in order to keep his numbers up he has to move on to something else that's "newer".

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think another poster got the right of it.They didn't ask for his approval so his ego got bruised.I'm sure when this goes out with a whimper he will claim to have talked them out of it. @_@

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais
While I agree that he is about making money to support his endeavors. But over the past few years I've observed a decided slide from the theme of liberty and freedom over to politics.
Abbie Hoffman used to urge us to "keep one foot in the street and one in the voting booth." It seems that AJ has removed his foot from the street and is relying on the voting booth despite the fact that he has repeatedly interviewed people explaining exactly how elections are rigged.

The Vietnam war didn't get a lot of attention until a whole bunch of us took to the streets and broke some laws.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

what event are you even talking about?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join