It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mommy ghosts... My 2 1/2 year old said this to me the other night...guidance please!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As some on here know I am no stranger to the paranormal. I've had experiences my entire life. I use to think I was just with most of it until I got older and I felt even more normal after I joined ATS and met many others with similar stories.

I had always wondered if my son would see spirits or things the eye can't normally see. I wondered when it would happen or if at all, well it happened!

I went into his room the other night after he had been in bed for an hour. I thought he was asleep and well he was wide awake but very quiet. He stood up in his crib and put his arms out so I picked him up and we sat on my bed. The next thing he says is "mommy ghosts" and points towards his bed and the Windows. I got chills and asked him again and again he said GHOSTS, and he said it as clear as friggin day! I don't talk about anything like that in front of him and the fact he just kept saying it so calmly made me seriously wonder. So I tried to ask him about it and he just kept saying "ghosts" or "'mommy ghosts." I lied down with him and he snuggled up behind me and buried his head, he then says "ghosts go bye bye."

I didn't question him further because honestly I was slightly freaked out! I know my experiences as a child but I didn't have a mother who believed me, nobody did. I was always told I was imagining it or it wasn't real. I will not do that with my son. If he sees something I will ask about it. I did ask him today about 30 mins ago when we went into the bedroom and he said ghosts again! He said they went bye bye and poInted out the window, chills I had again. When I asked him more questions he just got quiet and wouldn't talk. I will see what he says or does tonight when he does to bed.

What do you ask a toddler when it comes to thus subject? How do you question them?

I did get some supplies to do a cleansing of the house and room!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Have you taught your child about how the blood of Jesus Christ saves him? Please do. He can make a choice for himself whether or not to believe when he's older. But please be a good parent and tell him the truth. Otherwise, I fear for you and your son.

This is what happened to me when I was a toddler: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As long as you tell him the truth, you have nothing to fear and neither does he.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'd ask him if they told him their names.

I'd act like it was perfectly normal.

But, I would also do a cleansing, a positive energy treatment, etc.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How does your son even know the word "Ghosts"?

a reply to: rukia

Have you taught your child about how the blood of Jesus Christ saves him?

How could you possibly consider such imagery to be even remotely appropriate to force on a 2 1/2 year old? SMH!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The cleansing should help a lot to remove negative ones from coming but I do believe that not all entities are evil. Maybe there really we're ghosts of some sort, try not to feel fear (easier said than done) as your child might pick up your fear and be more susceptible to "evil spirits" and nightmares.

Hang in there, I think it's all normal...creepy for us adults, but normal for toddlers.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
The cleansing should help a lot to remove negative ones from coming but I do believe that not all entities are evil. Maybe there really we're ghosts of some sort, try not to feel fear (easier said than done) as your child might pick up your fear and be more susceptible to "evil spirits" and nightmares.

Hang in there, I think it's all normal...creepy for us adults, but normal for toddlers.

And negative energy is attracted to fear.

So, don't do that.

Positive, only positive.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Have you taught your child about how the blood of Jesus Christ saves him?

Good LORD!!!

Please...

No.

Religion/Faith/Belief, is a personal endeavor. My mother forced it onto me early and it caused us to grow apart. My best advice is to encourage free thinking while only taking into account their safety.

But please be a good parent and tell him the truth.

Which is?

edit on 14-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I have seen spirits all my life, since I was a child, sadly I started to become afraid of the people I could see that nobody could around me because of the religious believes that were taught to me to fear what could not be explained, the people I used to see where no monsters, or weird, they were just like people.

With fear these people started to fade away, I was told to pray for them to go, but the truth is that none of them did anything to harm me in anyway or form.

Treat your child normal like nothing is wrong with what he sees, do not instill any fear, or show fear of what he can see, eventually he will grow out of it.

Make sure he is not around people that are talking about the subject of ghost, the word ghost is soo misused by religion is not funny, spirits is the right word, because once a person leaves their human body they are in spirit and the soul have not reason to harm the living.

I wish you luck with your child, he may be one of the gifted ones.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Religion did more harm than good to me too, because of my gift to see spirits as a child.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

How could you possibly consider such imagery to be even remotely appropriate to force on a 2 1/2 year old? SMH!

Oh good.

I'm not the only one who thought that was
inappropriate.

(post by n00bUK removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Normal toddler behaviour. Both my nephews and my son went through this stage. It is a time when there imagination takes leaps and bounds. Making faces out of flowered curtains etc.

My child was petrified at this age of going to sleep on his own because he said he didnt like the little boy watching him. In the light of day I asked him to show me where he was. He pointed to the back of the door. It was his dressing gown with a hood on hung up! A lot also have a pretend friend who appears around this age. My child's was PomPom. He eventually said goodbye to him one day outside our house when he was nearly 4. We laugh about this now cos I always say 'poor PomPom you left him in the middle of the road and said see u in a bit' and then never returned. All normal, healthy toddler behaviour.

The only thing I remember from childhood is out of body experiences. I used to go up to the ceiling and look down at myself!a reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Have you taught your child about how the blood of Jesus Christ saves him? Please do. He can make a choice for himself whether or not to believe when he's older. But please be a good parent and tell him the truth. Otherwise, I fear for you and your son.

As long as you tell him the truth, you have nothing to fear and neither does he.

Flipping heck you're brave.

In regards to the post... I truly believe babies/toddlers see more than we do... Maybe there's something to it. Keep an eye on him.. (not that you wouldn't)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My daughter has been able to see/feel things all her life, my husband can too. They also know how to turn it off, so to speak. We always tried to not make a big deal about it when she was very young, but answered any questions. Now my granddaughter has an imaginary " friend" she talks to also. It does seem to run in families.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Normal toddler behaviour. Both my nephews and my son went through this stage. It is a time when there imagination takes leaps and bounds. Making faces out of flowered curtains etc.

My child was petrified at this age of going to sleep on his own because he said he didnt like the little boy watching him. In the light of day I asked him to show me where he was. He pointed to the back of the door. It was his dressing gown with a hood on hung up! A lot also have a pretend friend who appears around this age. My child's was PomPom. He eventually said goodbye to him one day outside our house when he was nearly 4. We laugh about this now cos I always say 'poor PomPom you left him in the middle of the road and said see u in a bit' and then never returned. All normal, healthy toddler behaviour.

The only thing I remember from childhood is out of body experiences. I used to go up to the ceiling and look down at myself!a reply to: mblahnikluver

Interesting... maybe there is an age where they begin to develop/experience Pareidolia

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ask the child to ask the ghost's name. It may be a relative.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is that when people see things such as on Mars and make animals etc out of the shape of rocks? If it is then I am definite it starts around this age. I can remember doing it myself as I said flowered curtains. I used to make faces out of the fllower pattern they looked evil, it was usually at this point I nearly suffocated with my head under the blankets. I do think children are more in touch with their spiritual side. I have had feelings all my life, like strong intuition, however when I was a child I was more spot on and like I said I was always flying above myself!a reply to: MrConspiracy

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The only concerning thing to me is that it seems that when you go into the room the ghosts leave or disappear. Why would they do that, if they were good wouldn't they want to hang around. Just keep an eye on any behavioral changes in your son.

At a previous house, we had ghosts. My son would sleep next to me and I would awake to him trying to climb up the wall or trying to leave the room in his sleep. We soon left after that and it never happened again.
edit on 11416 by ckhk3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11416 by ckhk3 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

No, don't tell people to do that. You want to tell, what seems to be a toddler about someone's blood saving him...that is pretty warped.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
As some on here know I am no stranger to the paranormal. I've had experiences my entire life. I use to think I was just with most of it until I got older and I felt even more normal after I joined ATS and met many others with similar stories.

I had always wondered if my son would see spirits or things the eye can't normally see. I wondered when it would happen or if at all, well it happened!

I went into his room the other night after he had been in bed for an hour. I thought he was asleep and well he was wide awake but very quiet. He stood up in his crib and put his arms out so I picked him up and we sat on my bed. The next thing he says is "mommy ghosts" and points towards his bed and the Windows. I got chills and asked him again and again he said GHOSTS, and he said it as clear as friggin day! I don't talk about anything like that in front of him and the fact he just kept saying it so calmly made me seriously wonder. So I tried to ask him about it and he just kept saying "ghosts" or "'mommy ghosts." I lied down with him and he snuggled up behind me and buried his head, he then says "ghosts go bye bye."

I didn't question him further because honestly I was slightly freaked out! I know my experiences as a child but I didn't have a mother who believed me, nobody did. I was always told I was imagining it or it wasn't real. I will not do that with my son. If he sees something I will ask about it. I did ask him today about 30 mins ago when we went into the bedroom and he said ghosts again! He said they went bye bye and poInted out the window, chills I had again. When I asked him more questions he just got quiet and wouldn't talk. I will see what he says or does tonight when he does to bed.

What do you ask a toddler when it comes to thus subject? How do you question them?

I did get some supplies to do a cleansing of the house and room!

Act like it is normal. Ask simple questions. If the answers disturb you, then maybe a cleansing or house blessing is appropriate, otherwise, no.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join