It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions Wanted for Easy Skills to Learn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
For the next two weeks I'll pretty much be aaaalllll alone. I'm off from work, and I'm not too sure what I wNt to use my alone time for. I love acquiring new skills, so I thought I would see if anyone here can tell me any useful skills they were able to learn in about one to two weeks, and how they were able to do it.

So many friends have told me I should "master Excel" ...but I'm all ready pretty good with spreadsheets.
I also play guitar and paint watercolours; I can sew and crochet. I'd like something fun!

Any ideas would be nice. Thanks everyone.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Writing a blog? Design a webpage?

Learn Blender? You can download plenty of free 3D geometry

www.turbosquid.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I have a blog , but what is Blender? This is a great lead, thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Learn to write screen plays. I wrote my first feature script in 21 days and sold it for some nice coin and established myself in a networking community that has lead to my 2nd profession as a filmmaker. Now I buy scripts.

www.plotbot.com...
edit on 11-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I do love to write, could be an excellent project. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You could do what i done last time i had 2 weeks off.

Spend 2 weeks transforming yourself, start off with totally revamping your diet cook something new every day then you could get into the gym every day. Along side this start meditation or whatever you do to get in touch with your spiritual side and in between drinking kale smoothies training like a athlete and getting all "zen" start reading inspirational books, watching the most amazing movies and watching awesome stand up comedy. Do whatever you need to do but that idea is that you spend time really taking care of yourself.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

I do love to write, could be an excellent project. Thanks!

Don't stop with writing. Become an indy producer. Put stuff on youtube and make money.

www.celtx.com...

www.sagaftra.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I could definitely stand to lose a bit of Christmas excess!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How did you go about selling your screenplay?

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Two spare weeks... you could do worse than check this link. Interesting theories...
spiritself.net...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I didn't see this listed so here goes: You can learn how to write simple code. There are several things on that website and most take an hour or so to learn. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I recommend learning to play go.

Pandanet go

It is enormously beneficial and fun!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

How did you go about selling your screenplay?

It's not what you know, it's who you know. The way to meet the right people is at one of these.

scriptfest.com...

I also made a short video teaser/trailer for my script that helped immensely to promote it. Now I make trailers for other people that have a project they want to pitch. Video games, Webisodes, TV pilots, music videos and feature movies.

The entertainment industry is always looking for new quality material. It's very competitive, cut throat and filled with thieves. Join the writers guild of America to protect your stuff.

And take a class at your cable access channel to learn the basics of production.

www.videouniversity.com...

It all starts with the story.........................
edit on 11-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If you are talking Excel, spend the next 2 weeks learning how to leverage Visual Basic in excel to create truly powerful tools.

You could also learn Access, with the same capability of using VB Macros to create powerful programs.

Photoshop is another one. You won' tmaster it in 2 weeks...but you could get some traction i bet.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Fishing.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Learn to write screen plays. I wrote my first feature script in 21 days and sold it for some nice coin and established myself in a networking community that has lead to my 2nd profession as a filmmaker. Now I buy scripts.

www.plotbot.com...

thats awesome man.
ive been toying around with the idea of writing a screenplay but i get discouraged. reading your other post states reasons why.
basically you have to know someone or be lucky as hell.
i have a few ideas kicking around my brain box.

i wrote a book and published it on smashwords. it was in the barnes and noble store. i pulled it down after a bit though.
i was going to develop the character and story into a screenplay but again, it is very discouraging.

i am going to write another book though

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I guess it's not so much a skill but have you thought about taking up some form of cardio like cycling? There's no reason you can't make a hobby out of fitness and add a few years to your life at any age. It's quickly addicting if you set yourself goals as you can visibly see your progress as you get more fit.

Of course, you may already do some form of cardio or resistance training, but not only is cycling an excellent workout for big muscle groups around your legs as well as your heart and lungs, it is also easier on your joints than most other exercise and it could also save you a fair bit of money if you live in an urban area and work locally.

Hell, you could even just sit an exercise/stationary bike in front of your TV or put your fav album on if that's your sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Don't be discouraged. Write your screenplay. Join an online community, network, etc.

Contact filmmakers in your area. Shoot your own movie with your cell phone.

Contact other writers and collaborate. Write your script; you might be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So many friends have told me I should "master Excel" ...but I'm all ready pretty good with spreadsheets.
I also play guitar and paint watercolours; I can sew and crochet. I'd like something fun!

Any ideas would be nice. Thanks everyone.

Maybe if you like to sew and crochet, maybe decorative knots might be something you'd be interested in (or maybe just overall knots)? 1-2 weeks might not be enough for the more complicated knots, but basic ones sure, and the more complicated ones are made by building on the easier ones.

Did a fast search, but here's a link to one of many sites.

www.animatedknots.com...

more basic Celtic knot

edit on 11-1-2016 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Go outside and play Ingress.
Ingress.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join