It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestions Wanted for Easy Skills to Learn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: Atsbhct

I recommend learning to play go.

Pandanet go

It is enormously beneficial and fun!

Atsbhct Thanks for posting this thread. Gives me ideas about things to do in my spare time...

greencmp Starred you for this post. My dad got this boardgame as a "white elephant" gift xmas before last. He gave it to me and said "Figure this out." Been sittin on a shelf ever since...gonna break it out tomorrow evening. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

Cool gift, thanks dad!

I have 5K games under my belt and I still don't own a board and stones.

I recommend pandanet because there is always someone comparable in skill no matter what rank you are.

A lot of new players get frustrated and emotional but, if you can make it out of the initial ranks, it gets less irritating.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
For the next two weeks I'll pretty much be aaaalllll alone. I'm off from work, and I'm not too sure what I wNt to use my alone time for. I love acquiring new skills, so I thought I would see if anyone here can tell me any useful skills they were able to learn in about one to two weeks, and how they were able to do it.

So many friends have told me I should "master Excel" ...but I'm all ready pretty good with spreadsheets.
I also play guitar and paint watercolours; I can sew and crochet. I'd like something fun!

Any ideas would be nice. Thanks everyone.

May I suggest that you learn about your rights, how money is created, false governments, the common law and the court system so that you some hope of fending for yourself in the murky world of interacting with 'government authorities'

some starting points - Banks Lie by Chris Field, free ebook, easy to read,, Adventures in Legal Land - Marc Stevens, perhaps someone else suggest other material.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Me and the kiddies recently got into perler beads. It's fun and relaxing.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AtsbhctWhat about learning basic Photoshop? or design your own web page, or word press page for a blog.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'll suggest getting a yoyo

yoyotricks.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here's what I decided.

1. Teach my cat to sit. Cat training, it's a skill.
2. Get my typing to 100 words per minute.
3. Master the Russian Kettlebell Swing.
4. Take a basic coding course.

Thanks for your ideas everyone. You've definitely contributed to my happiness level for the next two weeks, and I really appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Hey Atsbhct!!

Good luck with your list! If your cat is anything like mine...you will have #'s 2, 3 and 4 mastered long before #1!

I love to write too, and I'm actually reading through the links that olaru12 gave you. "Plotbot" sounds really interesting!

That's all! Just popping out of "lurker" land to say hello!

jacygirl

top topics

<< 1   >>

join