It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No winner of record Powerball jackpot, next draw put at $1.3 billion! The Dream Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It will be the largest lottery jackpot in history! The "cash option" (which you would be a fool not to take) after taxes should be around the 450-550 million net range.

Imagine what you could do with that! I have already researched what you need to do if you won something that big. The first thing is "Tell Nobody" until you have secured a high-profile estates attorney from a large national law firm. Once you have secured a lawyer, you will need him/her to set up LLC's and Trusts for you.

Once this is done, the LLC's claims the money (in other words, the lawyer claims it for you so you can try to remain anonymous. If you don't, you will be a target. Think of being on the FBI's ten most wanted list.... for criminals and cons.

Anyway, I will link a thread that covers this topic of "how to claim it" with details.

Winning the Lottery is Very Dangerous (A Practitioner's Guide)
www.ar15.com...

www.reuters.com...

So, now you have won the largest lottery in history.... What would you do? Really? Here is my list.

1) Set Up LLC's

2) Domestic and Foreign Bank Accounts - Dump 5 million or so in Switzerland, Belize, Cayman Islands, Canada, New Zealand, India, and Panama in national currencies. (The dollar is pretty high right now, good time to invest in foreign currencies in each nation IMO)

3) Set Up Trusts and annuities for family and friends (say maybe $10,000 a month tax free via annuities for life for my maybe 50 - 100 friends and relatives) This can be done with less than half of that money still leaving a couple hundred million! (I am not buying anybody anything, setting them up an annuity / trust is the smart way of taking care of people for life)

4) Pay off all my existing debt and buy a "Tour bus" / RV because I am not flying domestically ever again! Find out where I want to set up shop in North America (Probably the Appalachian mountains) with small secondary properties in Canada, Belize, New Zealand, and Panama and research citizenship for each.

5) Invest a few million in standard "let it ride" stocks (S&P 500).

6) Never, ever, gamble a single dollar of those winnings. No Vegas, no gambling, period. There is no need and getting involved with shady people is NOT what I am going to do. You have everything to loose and nothing to gain.

7) Set up multiple income streams. You will make millions from interest, annuity payouts, and stock dividends. You will never have a need to ever touch your principle with this kind of money ever.

8) Avoid Temptation, Avoid going "full retard" self destruct mode with gambling, hookers, drugs, fame, etc. You don't need that drama.

9) Take care of your family and enjoy life. Decide if you want to set up charitable trusts or something YOU like to do to help you fellow man. It is mind boggling and this is a short list. I could go on for hours with details.

edit on 10-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wishful thinking goes to win this big mass of money...however, my thoughts are starting to lead me to believe a lot of people are going to try borrowing money and by sh&t loads of tix to hopefully strike it rich.

Who wouldn't like to win this lotto? I would...and so does everyone else. Problem is I don't buy the tickets because I ain't playing this poor person tax game. I just work hard to make ends meet.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't remember where I saw this earlier but, I think the cash payout is now estimated at 806 million.
WOW...just WOW!

Also, I read "somewhere" that some states don't permit one to be anonymous...would have to look that one up again...

I do not know, however, if THAT "rule" would pertain to the Powerball...

I DO agree that if the average Joe or Jill were to win ANY large amount that hiring a financial advisor would be smart. Oh, AND a lawyer...and NOT the one (attorney) that got someone out of their parking tickets either...

link   
I'd spend it all on social engineering to create the world I envision....

That is if I don't burn it all in a pile after taking 1 mil, just for "lulz".

link   

I would take care of everyone on ATS... Then with any money left over I would throw a sexy party (Stewie Griffin voice)

But in all seriousness, create LLC, collect anonymously, take care of family and close friends (under condition they can never speak about the money if they accept it), and then I set up a generational wealth account for the family and then donate the rest...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The first thing is "Tell Nobody"

Good luck! Most states blab the winner's name(s) immediately. Some actually force the winners to come forward publicly.
Typical bureaucratic idiots.

If you won a lottery that's worth hundreds of millions, you'd better disappear fast!
edit on 10-1-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

Linky
edit on 10-1-2016 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
last night when it was 900 million the cash payout was 560 million.

first i want to say that it is easy to piss money away though i could not imagine doing it on a scale that large but i would have fun trying.
i got a settlement in early march of 2015. i cleared about 40k. my plan was to be smart. bank it. be modest. live off it for 18 months or so.
it didnt work that way.
i spent all of it in about 2 months.
took my wife and daughter to florida. bought new furniture and appliances.
bought a 97 harley. sold it in a couple weeks and bought a 2015.
bought a mustang gt.
bought a car for my wife.
we were eating out all the time. was not comparison shopping and using coupons and #.
totally pissed it away.

i know if i won 500 million i would be set for life. i wouldnt be living like royalty but i would be fine.

so what would i do?
i dont know about the lawyers and the llc's and all that # but my basic plan would be
quit my job immediately.
open up some sort of high yield/high interest type account. maybe in another country. put maybe 50 million in it and just let it sit and grow. the rest is for spending.
clear my moms debt and break her off a million.
set up a trust/account for my daughter with maybe 50 million in it that she can get at when she is 21.
thats about 100 million plus a mill for my mom and and clearing her debt. lets call it 101 million gone.
still have 399 million to play with.

decide where we want to live and buy or build a house there. nothing like oprah would live in but i would probably spend a mill or 2 on it.
then the fun starts.
a few 4k tv's. furnish the whole place. a nice sub z fridge....# like that
i would build maybe a 20 car garage on the property and fully equip it. a few twin posts lifts. an alignment rack.
maybe 100k worth of snap on tools.
then it is time to buy vehicles.
my wife dont care too much about cars so she would get a new whatever she wants.
me though.....kinda would go crazy

depending where we lived my daily driver(s) would be a porsche panamera
upload.wikimedia.org...

i would buy the cleanest 1987 buick gnx i could find along with
a nissan skyline
a hummer
a porsche 911 targa
an aston martin vanquish
a road runner
a toyota supra
a buick wildcat
a lancer evo

then i would buy a few cars to play with and work on in my fully equipped garage

as far as motorcycles go
i would probably buy a new twin cam for putting around with but i would need a few projects too
1956 panhead
1978 shovelhead
not sure the year but i would grab an evo
probably grab an old indian

i would buy a cnc lathe and a cnc mill so i could mess around turning parts

i have a friend that is from durban south africa. he is a metallurgist for our sister company. he came here for a couple months last year and we worked together a lot. taught me how to UT.
i would get him and his wife and son over here and set them up wherever he wanted to go.

i would devote a lot of time for my wife and i to travel around with our daughter looking for first edition books for our library and unique instruments for our collection.

thats about it.

i would spend my days with my family hanging out. traveling. dining out.
when not doing that i would be in my fully equipped garage working on my #.

sounds about right to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm serious ....

I'd spend most of it on drugs, alcohol and wimmin and squander the rest.

or

I'd continue working at my present job until the money ran out.
edit on 10-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
But...But I won the powerball and the megamillion lottery friday and Saturday. I got a mega ball on one and the powerball on the other. I got four bucks back on the powerball and a buck back on the megamillions. I know, I spent six on one and two on the other, but I still won even though I still lost three bucks overall. I guess I have been brainwashed to think I am a winner.

I am winning the powerball next time, I am going to take it all. I will buy two tickets and get all the numbers on one. See how delusional they have made me.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm serious ....

I'd spend most of it on drugs,

i dont know about spending most but definitely a lot

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I know if I won THAT much money I would own a professional sports franchise.

It would be awesome!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I've joked a lot about what I'd do if I won, but in all honesty?

Winning that much just scares me a bit. I'd want to remain anonymous. Let me just live my life.

I've already got a good home, great food to eat, a savings account and a checking account. My bills are paid and I actually enjoy working.

What I would do??

I'd never tell a soul.

Ever.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Winning that much would be a double-edged sword. You would be hounded unmercifully, subject to lawsuits, targeted by scammers, inundated with hard-luck stories, and pestered to distraction. You would have to disconnect your phone, drop your cell service, change your email, and get a dumpster for your physical mail. You would suddenly find "friends" you never knew you had, and old "friends" would suddenly get in touch to "see how you are doing." Every relative you have would be expecting to share. Every news reporter would feel you are obligated to interview. At first news trucks with satellite dishes would hound your neighborhood. You would have to move to a non-disclosed location, hire bodyguards and security people, accountants, lawyers, and "assistants" just to get you through the day.

You would have to quit any job you had, stop any volunteer or community work you were doing, and get out of the public eye entirely. At a personal level you would need to rethink your entire life strategy. Buying "stuff" would throw your present lifestyle into disarray, and the tendency would be to be penny wise and pound foolish. You'd need to "get smart" on a variety of issues you otherwise would prefer to ignore. I believe the pressure on you would be immense.

At my age it would be really unnecessary. My income is adequate as it is and I have no desire for yachts or airplanes. I guess I could pay off my car, which is my only current debt. And giving away money is harder than you think. You can't just write checks for a million apiece without invoking tax laws that could trip you and your givee up like you would not believe.

Nope. It would change your life drastically, and a lot of it would be not good.

Guess I'll go buy a ticket today.
edit on 1/10/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's fun to dream!

First thing first, visit a lawyer and establish a trust.

Seriously consider adoption, I'm unable to have children and am fine with that. Children aren't part of my husbands or my plan, but with that kind of money we would be able to afford adoption, right now we are not in a position to do that.

I'd buy a cute little Victorian and fix it up, wouldn't want a mansion, just an adorable old home with lots of old character and new amenities. Would also purchase more real estate and rent them out, possibly apartments as well.

A trip around the world with my man! Go see the pyramids and Luxor! Lounge on the beaches of Thailand, visit family in Australia and South Korea. Basically just go everywhere my husband and I have ever wanted to visit.

Buy the tattoo shop my husband works at. His boss is an awesome man that has helped us out so much. He bought my husband a car because we didn't have one. He is a good family man who gave my husband a chance to do what he wanted to do, tattoo. Giving back to him and his family would be an amazing feeling.

Invest.

Buy a new car, nothing fancy. Something from this millennium with a transmission that doesn't slip would be sufficient, lol. I like Toyota, so I would probably buy something like a top of the line Toyota Camry and black it out.

Give money to my parents, my husbands mom, my brother, my husbands sister, his brother and our niece and nephew. It would be such an amazing feeling to pay off my parents house and hand them a large check, they deserve it.

With that type of money I would 100 million% quit my job in 5 seconds but with a 2 week notice. Luckily in my line of work and position, a 2 week notice means you get to leave that same day with 2 weeks of pay
cha-ching

Since working wouldn't be a necessity, I would volunteer and donate money and establish an organization that helps those in need. Help build wells in Africa. Donate enough money so that as many animal shelters in my area can turn no kill. Once at a group interview, the HR rep asked a question; if you had an endless supply of money, what would you do with your life. I was the third to last at the table, every person in front of me said "customer service" because that's what they were interviewing for (idiots) until he came to me. I was honest and said philanthropy, the other two after me said...surprise, customer service. I was the only one to get a job out of that group.

I've always had an affection for vintage clothing and antiques, so maybe open a little antique store. I would hire other people to work there and travel around looking for stock to fill the store.

Go back to school and take some art, language and writing classes. I've always wanted to write a book. There is a story in my head that I've started putting to paper, but with work and life it's gotten away from me.

I wouldn't buy a big house. Wouldn't spend money on high end clothing, cars or other frivolous needs. Invest, diversify and live off the interest. Donate and volunteer. Basically, be smart and ensure it lasts after I'm gone. That kind of money can change your life and the lives of so many others.

Good luck everyone If I don't win I hope it is another ATSer!
edit on 10-1-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
now if i won that sort of money i would build a house a 1000 feet under ground so no one can bother me and have all the things you will need for 50 years just in case of a mad war and you will have some place to go too and relax with family .

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Give a quarter to Planned Parenthoold.
The Same to KPFK.

And go from there.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I think we've decided that we would want to do our best to retain our anonymity and keep working if we could. If we couldn't do that, we have a small business venture that we would want to explore for ourselves using family land that already exists.

The best way I could think of to stay grounded and avoid complete @ss-hattery/self-destruction would be to keep working at something involving regular labor of some sort.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting...

It's an article on what "YOU CAN'T BUY" with your new 800 million dollar lottery winnings!

Some TN news

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Quit my job
Donate 10% to church
Carefully hire lawyers and CPA firm(s) to manage moneys
Invest offshore for tax shelter and diversification
Set up a few accounts with friends I know who are financial professionals (to benefit them and their families with the commissions)
Set up trust funds for the kids
Give family and closest friends cash, pay off mortgages, etc.
Send the kids to college
Buy decent cars for the immediate family
Buy an RV and some offroad toys, water ski's etc.
Buy a modest new home; move into it
Pay off and repair the old home
Give it to a family member
Buy a few cottages in other parts of the country for when we visit/travel

Get professional Brazilian keratin for my hair
Get laser teeth whitening and invisalign
Have some minor dermatology work
Hire a personal trainer; get fitter & lose weight
Get plastic surgery
Enroll in classes for higher mathematics and physics

My new job:
Set up charitable foundation
Foundation goals:
- Work to raise the status of women in areas where women have no status
- Rescue Christian refugees from Islamic persecution
- Promote sustainable plant-based food production
- Support alternative energy development
- Develop resources and technologies for the impoverished to have access to clean water, food, and energy
edit on 10-1-2016 by OuttaHere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join