It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The Magic...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I was reading about magic stuff and I came across these statements and I am pondering them:

One cannot say what the effect of magic will be, since no one can know it in advance because the magical is the lawless, which occurs without rules and by chance, so to speak But the condition is that one totally accepts it and does not reject it, in order to transfer everything to the growth of the tree.

Magic is the working of men on men, but your magic action does not affect your neighbor; it affects you first, and only if you withstand it does an invisible effect pass from you to your neighbor.

Magic

TRUE Magic
I have a few main thoughts from the statements above:
1) True Magic only occurs when it affects you first and 2) then and only then can it be transfered on to another... and it is 3) invisible in nature. We can not see it, I suppose we feel it.

Yet we all go to magic shows to see someone mimic this magic feeling. But is the trickery used at magic shows a false magic, a way to deceive the audience into beleiving magic has been performed. 4) For magic isn't whole or real if we must prove it to someone. In otherwords... We can not define magic, it just is and it just happens. Do we take the magic away if we expect to define the magic we create ?

Can you relate and think of a time when this true type of magic occurred from you to another or in reverse, Can you think back...did you go through steps 1 through 4 ?

FALSE Magic
What about all the magic imagery/objects we are so used to ?
a. magic wands
b. magic books / spells
c. magic wizards
d. magical crystal balls
Throughout history... we have records of using alot of objects and people to create magic for us. We don't believe that it is within each and every one of us naturally. Have we become used to relying on this mindset that we need help to make magic and forgotten how true magic works ?

Now can you relate to a time when you felt magic with the use of one of the above ? Have you had magic occur both ways ? What I have labeled True magic compared to False magic ? If so... tell us the differences you felt between the two types for the purpose of this thread.
leolady

edit on 10-1-2016 by leolady because: link to quote

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

An beautiful topic! S&f!
"I only let the bird fly, i can't determine where it lands"

Magic only uses symbols to focus thought energy. A true magician doesn't need a wand!

And the magician doing a show is called illusionist.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
After reading your post on this a few thoughts of my own came to mind

"Do onto to others as you would have them do onto you"

"Treat people the way you wish to be treated"

We sometimes unknowingly project/radiate [consciously or unconsciously] that which we receive. Negative or Positive vibes are sent then received.

Incantation/Spells/Charms etc?

I dunno, I do believe that we are spiritual beings with powers, abilities and senses that we have either forgotten and were much stronger in the past than they are presently or have not grown to appreciate and lay still dormant.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Magick exists in our everyday life. For instance, during a period that our body changes physical properties when our consciousness was suppressed, we can state that because there was no conscious effort to create these physical properties, it was magickally procured. Therefore, in order to be a magician one must have a goal (to prove intent), then go into an autonomical state where your body is changing physical properties while your consciousness was suppressed, and the magickal procurement is the changed physical properties.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

In otherwords... We can not define magic

Magic is simply undiscovered science.

Today’s low level science would have been classed as magic millenniums ago.
Example: live webcams, spy satellites, drones of today would have been the equivalent of ink bowl visions, black mirrors and other scrying devices of the past.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

In otherwords... We can not define magic

Magic is simply undiscovered science.

Today’s low level science would have been classed as magic millenniums ago.
Example: live webcams, spy satellites, drones of today would have been the equivalent of ink bowl visions, black mirrors and other scrying devices of the past.

It could be said that "magic wands" and such were simply primitive attempts to recreate things that were seen done by advanced civilisations and magic words were a misunderstanding of vocal operated tech.

This does not discount the ability to perform true magic however which is simply altereing the universe through manipulation via the mind.

Thy are in my mind two very different things.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Magic is the effortless expression of talent. It's beyond most people's ability, and they view it with awe and see you as magical. It helps if you're self aware of the ability and confident in expressing it.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
From my research a while back, true magic, magick, majic or any other spelling is about focusing the will power. The definitions of false magic you proclaim are more about the tools that have been used to focus the will.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've never really played around with magic/magik.

Without the experience I'm not sure I can speak regarding such. Going out on a whim though I would expect there to be an intent you believe in for it to actually manifest.

Im with Slayer though when he said this below...

I dunno, I do believe that we are spiritual beings with powers, abilities and senses that we have either forgotten and were much stronger in the past than they are presently or have not grown to appreciate and lay still dormant.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What's the purpose of magic other than getting what you want
Sounds like greed

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
What's the purpose of magic other than getting what you want
Sounds like greed

What is the purpose of life if not to get what you want?

Just because you use a different means to achive your end it is no different than anything else.

I will say though that everything has a price, you cannot expect to gain something without a sacrifice, when you realise this you realise how hard it actually is to perform magic.

I only ever really use magic for the benifit of others these days as using it for yourself usually ends up with the price being of too high a value for the reward.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If you believe you're "altering the universe" by performing "magic" then yea... that'll weigh on someone and it'll be difficult to have a net gain.

My experience of "magic" is almost always beneficial. No belief required.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

If you believe you're "altering the universe" by performing "magic" then yea... that'll weigh on someone and it'll be difficult to have a net gain.

My experience of "magic" is almost always beneficial. No belief required.

Everything we do alters the universe does it not?

Sometimes the price you pay is worth the reward but I personally think that you should always weigh up the options before making any decision, magical or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So everything is magic. You just can't have it both ways, but yes... I get that you're manipulative.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

So everything is magic. You just can't have it both ways, but yes... I get that you're manipulative.

I am not sure what you mean by that?

To me magic is a way of explaining how you can alter the future of the universe via non conventional means.

Every action we takes manipulates the world we live in somehow.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

"Mind over Matter" comes to mind.

Maybe we just haven't created or invented the scientific methodology that can address "Magic" yet.

Can we influence outcomes? Which goes against quantum physics or does it?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Look, it's just nonsense. I don't care for it. No reason to debate this because all you have is poor reasoning and belief. What we do ripples out until it's influence is so minimal, it's practically non-existent. There's nothing I do which alters the next solar system. I'm not going to self-delude myself that much.

Yes, I forsee your response to be something like... but this solar system exists in the universe, and so every effect here must alter the universe... uh... let's just not go there. This is nothing more than narcissism deluding what should be sound reasoning.

You have fun with that belief, thou.
edit on 10-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Look, it's just nonsense. I don't care for it. No reason to debate this because all you have is poor reasoning and belief. What we do ripples out until it's influence is so minimal, it's practically non-existent. There's nothing I do which alters the next solar system. I'm not going to self-delude myself that much. You have fun with that belief, thou.

So why are you even participating then? Slow day?

There are loads of interesting conversations going on right now, why have you chosen to involve yourself in something you have no interest or understanding of?

I am at a loss as to your point other than you do not believe we are able to achive more than you have personally experienced?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I spent a few years buying books and looking into the research into psi phenomena. Well, they got my monies, but the references never panned out. There's no compelling evidence to support psi. I'm all for us having greater understanding of the universe and admitting we don't have it all figured out, but there's no indication that we're "altering the universe".

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm about to go to work, just had to call out your sloppy reasoning. It was bothering me. Good day!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join