It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be The Magic...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady
I meant insider as someone studying or practicing some form of what we all understand by magic. At some point in my life I've read a lot about Huna, a form of magic practiced in Hawai, and wicca, but I somehow felt is not my way. I still like to read about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Magick is defined as causing change to occur in conformity with will. There really aren't any rules and the only thing that matters is one's intent because that, in itself, is what magick really is. If wands, crystals, tarot, sigils, prayer or magickal phrases help a magician focus his intent more clearly then there is nothing wrong with that. As Rapha said, Magick is scientific; use what works and discard what doesn't. Every magician's process is different than the next and each has their own specific talents and methods. What works for you may not work for the next guy and vice versa.

edit on 11-1-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
Yet we all go to magic shows to see someone mimic this magic feeling. But is the trickery used at magic shows a false magic, a way to deceive the audience into beleiving magic has been performed.

Of COURSE it is!

4) For magic isn't whole or real if we must prove it to someone. In otherwords... We can not define magic, it just is and it just happens. Do we take the magic away if we expect to define the magic we create ?

I will equate 'magic' with 'miracles', to one person, it is a 'miracle', 'magic', to another, just a Bic lighter!
The 'arcane' and the 'mundane' are one and the same thing, from two mutually arising opposite Perspectives!

What about all the magic imagery/objects we are so used to ?
a. magic wands
b. magic books / spells
c. magic wizards
d. magical crystal balls
Throughout history... we have records of using a lot of objects and people to create magic for us.
Imagination, vanity, definitely FUN, though, being some imaginary 'creator god', tweaking the entire Universe to achieve your 'personal' 'desires', which usually center around your personal comfort!

We don't believe that it is within each and every one of us naturally. Have we become used to relying on this mindset that we need help to make magic and forgotten how true magic works ?

That would be unconditional Love! *__-

Now can you relate to a time when you felt magic with the use of one of the above ? Have you had magic occur both ways ? What I have labeled True magic compared to False magic ? If so... tell us the differences you felt between the two types for the purpose of this thread.

The distinction between 'true' and 'false' anything is schizophrenia!
Truth is ALL inclusive!

Yes, We Are the 'magic'! *__-
edit on 11-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I meant insider as someone studying or practicing some form of what we all understand by magic.
a reply to: WhiteHat

I don't believe we have to actively practice magic to create it. Even though I don't think there is anything wrong with practicing it for those who choose to. I'm sure you have been magical without even realizing it.

leolady

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Excellent insight on magic. I think magic follows many of the universal laws that Earth has...such as, "You receive what you give". Can you please tell me the name of the book you are reading? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, what is magic? Is it the stageshow art of being an illusionist to the sleight of hand as being classified false magic, where real magic would be commanding the forces of nature, to throwing fireball out of ones eyes, and lightning bolts out of one arse(I stole it from Braveheart), or saying magical word summoning Beast to fight for you?

Or is it science masquerading, using psychology and ignorance to it advantages to that of a con game, or is magic the thing science can't explain, and would love to dissect?

Is this magic or science?
edit on 11-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

We can not define magic, it just is and it just happens. Do we take the magic away if we expect to define the magic we create ?

If you want a paradox, simply mention the magic when it is occurring in the presence of others. The magic immediately stops until the mentioning of it passes, then it resumes.

Its like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: nonspecific

Look, it's just nonsense. I don't care for it. No reason to debate this because all you have is poor reasoning and belief. What we do ripples out until it's influence is so minimal, it's practically non-existent. There's nothing I do which alters the next solar system. I'm not going to self-delude myself that much.

Yes, I forsee your response to be something like... but this solar system exists in the universe, and so every effect here must alter the universe... uh... let's just not go there. This is nothing more than narcissism deluding what should be sound reasoning.

You have fun with that belief, thou.

The tensions and fears in the modern world causes a bombardment of noise (thoughts) within our brains that makes it impossible to hear the more subtle thoughts that defy space and time. We all have the ability, but like a tennis player, we have to tune our mind and body to meet the challenge. Once tuned its very easy to prove to ourself that magic (psi or spiritual world) exists.
edit on 11-1-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

We can not define magic, it just is and it just happens. Do we take the magic away if we expect to define the magic we create ?

If you want a paradox, simply mention the magic when it is occurring in the presence of others. The magic immediately stops until the mentioning of it passes, then it resumes.

Its like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

Giggles... that is exactly what I believe my original quote in discussion is getting at. You said it nicely and in a funny way.

leolady

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

S & F! Yes I believe. It makes Me feel Good to do a Good deed for someone. In turn They feel Good! Proof Magic Exists!
Syx...

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: smcneil01

Not a book, I was reading on this website, Magic, the section on Magic.

leolady

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join