It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Americans Oppose Obama's Executive Order on Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wonder if this new gem was "polled".....

SUMMARY: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS or “the
Department”) is issuing this final rule to modify the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule to expressly permit certain HIPAA
covered entities to disclose to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System
(NICS) the identities of individuals who are subject to a Federal “mental health
prohibitor” that disqualifies them from shipping, transporting, possessing, or receiving a
firearm.

federalregister.gov/2015-33181

The question should be:

"Do You Still Like Your Doctor?"

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Lol now that was funny!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: seeker1963
Double post
edit on 8-1-2016 by dazbog because: double post

link   

Every new law a politician wants to pass? Make them take 20 off the books!

Force them to study the unconstitutional laws they represent by making them thin em out before passing anymore! It isn't a damn accident that the United States of America has more people in prison than Russia and China combined......

I agree.

It seems to me, that many of Washington's politicians do not understand the Constitutions.

Perhaps a law should be passed to make all politicians to take a course about the Constitution. It is clearly written in the second amendment that: Right Shell Not Be Infringed A pond.

I'd suggest you are cutting our alleged representatives a tad to much slack. They know damn well what the Constitution

represents. Considering many are Lawyers they have read the Federalist Papers. They know precisely how we should be

armed in long guns and side arms. They simply ignore it ! Why ? Because they can. Ya just gotta love the evil little bastards.

link   

Force them to study the unconstitutional laws they represent by making them thin em out before passing anymore! It isn't a damn accident that the United States of America has more people in prison than Russia and China combined......

I agree.

It seems to me, that many of Washington's politicians do not understand the Constitutions.

Perhaps a law should be passed to make all politicians to take a course about the Constitution. It is clearly written in the second amendment that: Right Shell Not Be Infringed A pond.

LOL! I used to believe this.....but not any more. Obama is an Ivy League trained Fifth Column. Hes a Red doing what Reds do.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog

I agree.

I'd suggest you are cutting our alleged representatives a tad to much slack. They know damn well what the Constitution

represents. Considering many are Lawyers they have read the Federalist Papers. They know precisely how we should be

armed in long guns and side arms. They simply ignore it ! Why ? Because they can. Ya just gotta love the evil little bastards.

Yep. Joe "Five Guns" Biden understands dam well what the 2nd Amendment is for.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

It doesn't take much for you to start insulting others does it?

Do you have anything to say about the OP. I bet you don't even know the difference between an executive order and executive action. If you are dead set against it you may want to find out what they mean. Although, I am betting that most of the people polled don't know the difference either.

Even the article got the headline wrong. Personally, I never put much stock in the opinions of those who have no idea what they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Personally, I don't see his executive action as a bad thing...at least as it currently stands. If it was executive action to grab all of our guns, outlaw any firearm that can hold more than three rounds of ammo, or something else completely absurd, then I'd be pretty jacked. He's not placing bans on anything that isn't already banned, and he's not asking us to give up our guns. As I understand, he's trying to make it harder for criminals and the mentally unstable to get their hands on firearms.

Criminals and terrorists have their ways of getting around these types of laws, so it would probably be ineffective in that sense...but he's proposing extensive background checks on all gun purchases and more funding for mental healthcare. If "Bobby" goes to buy an AK-74, but it pops up on his background check that he has a history of taking anti-depression meds and was committed to an institution for mental instability for a year in 2004, it might keep him from being able to buy a gun. Is that how the background checks would work? Or is it justfor criminal activities?

Either way, there seem to be holes that can be bypassed. Maybe "Bobby's" parents already own guns, he could just take one of theirs. Again, criminals and terrorists always have the black market and other means of obtaining arms...but is Obama's executive actions really all that bad?

I don't care much for Obama, and I am an avid firearms collector and target-plinkerer (good term, right?), but his plan doesn't seem all that bad to me...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

THE FOREFATHERS OF AMERICA WANTED YOU TO BE ARMED. THEY ARMED THEIR OWN PEOPLE, OR PROTECTED THEM. IN TODAY'S WORLD IT'S OPPOSITE, THE GOVERNMENT AND PRESIDENT HAS BEEN HIJACKED, AND AMERICA IS NOT LEAD BY AMERICANS.

I agree, and it is a fact.

That's reasonable. Ignorance is not.
Those whiny ass pro gun control people, live out of fear of the unknown. They don't lead, they follow. That's the kind of people who are anti gun rights.

So true. I also agree if the government is able to get rid of our guns, which I find that impossible for my generation anyway, these followers will regret it in the long run.

Anyone that knows some history can look at the countries that banned guns, in some cases their own government killed millions of their own citizens, because they could.

We Americans should know better from History alone. Just look at what Stalin and Hitler did, they turned against their own people and became murders.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

This is a reminder why gun control is bad news., a warning to all..

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I have a question on taxes. Isn't it good they don't cut taxes? After all, the more we cut the less we pay for quality services like education, healthcare, and other stuff? I need some answers..

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

Personally, I don't see his executive action as a bad thing...at least as it currently stands. If it was executive action to grab all of our guns, outlaw any firearm that can hold more than three rounds of ammo, or something else completely absurd, then I'd be pretty jacked. He's not placing bans on anything that isn't already banned, and he's not asking us to give up our guns. As I understand, he's trying to make it harder for criminals and the mentally unstable to get their hands on firearms.

That is true, however Obama is chipping away as much as he can on the Second Amendment, and when he leaves office, Hillary will start chipping away more on the Second Amendment until it all gone.

This is their goal, chip a little at a time. It is a slow progress, as more of the old generations dies the newer generations are already being programmed, meaning brain washed by the political propaganda and mainstream media propaganda machines that guns are bad.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

Thanks you for the video, it is very educational and sooo true.

Everyone should view your video, some might learn something.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Politicians do not listen to what folks want, they follow the agenda of stripping the US of the constitution and installing a totalitarian ruling class in it's place - the politically correct snowflakes are their latest army and Obama is their commander-in-chief.

If voting actually changed anything, politicians would make voting illegal.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That is true, however Obama is chipping away as much as he can on the Second Amendment, and when he leaves office, Hillary will start chipping away more on the Second Amendment until it all gone.

On the bright side people want there guns more then ever, the battle for the gun grabbers gets harder each day. Thats why the new tactic of gun safety has been implemented.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Let's hope Obama isn't planning on declaring the big city high crime areas to be a state of emergency !!

He could then have federal authorities go in and take the guns.

He has talked in tangents (and opposites) many times before.

How can we know for sure he doesn't have a hidden plan.

Maybe that's what his police task force is really looking at?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I find it really interesting that Obama is targeting Veterans.

He wants guns out of their hands, yet most if not all Veterans can still drive their cars and vote, as if these men are unable to make important discussions in handling their own weapons.

What is the government so afraid of?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I find it really interesting that Obama is targeting Veterans.

He wants guns out of their hands, yet most if not all Veterans can still drive their cars and vote, as if these men are unable to make important discussions in handling their own weapons.

What is the government so afraid of?

Us, people are waking up , I could go on but George can say it better than I...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Politicians do not listen to what folks want, they follow the agenda of stripping the US of the constitution and installing a totalitarian ruling class in it's place - the politically correct snowflakes are their latest army and Obama is their commander-in-chief.

Thank you. Your right, this is what I have been witnessing for the pass 25 years and each year it has gotten worst, to the point that I thought Americans would had enough and do something about it.

But sadly I was wrong. Millions of Americans are somehow convinced that they do not have the power to stop this madness.

If voting actually changed anything, politicians would make voting illegal

That is the truth. I believe many Americans do not understand that our elections are "bought" and it is a proven fact that the voting machines are rigged in their favor.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He could then have federal authorities go in and take the guns.

Let them come and take them, there will be a blood bath on all sides, and We The People will win, because we out number all of them.

Maybe that's what his police task force is really looking at?

In my home town in NC, I have been told by a few police officers, if it comes down the pipe to start gun confiscation here, they told me they will not obey, and will go home to protect their own families.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join