It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Americans Oppose Obama's Executive Order on Guns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

A majority of Americans oppose President Barack Obama's use of executive powers to enact new gun control initiatives — and they don't believe the controversial move will reduce the number of mass killings that have rocked the nation in recent months, a new Rasmussen Reports poll has found.

According to the poll of 1,000 likely U.S. voters, 58 percent say the government should only do what the president and Congress agree on in gun control matters.

Only 34 percent of those surveyed believe the commander-in-chief should take action alone if Congress does not approve the initiatives he has proposed.

Rasmussen also found only 21 percent believe Obama's executive order, which extends federal government oversight of gun sales, will reduce the number of mass shootings. Another 59 percent disagree, and 20 percent said they are not sure.

Those polled were quizzed on the need for additional gun control — and the results were sharply divided. Some 45 percent believe the United States needs stricter gun control laws, but 50 percent disagree.

In past surveys, voters tended to oppose further gun control laws — except during the chaotic periods following mass killings like the ones at Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

The new poll also found 79 percent of voters believe it is more important for Congress and the president to work together to achieve what's best for the country rather than to stand for what they believe in.

But they are also far more likely to blame Congress than the president for preventing that from happening.

Women and those under 40 continue to favor additional gun control more than men and older voters do. But most women and younger voters still oppose the president going it alone on gun control, Rasmussen found.

Additionally, 73 percent of Democrats believe the nation needs stricter gun control, but 76 percent of Republicans and 54% of voters not affiliated with either major party disagree.

www.newsmax.com...

I personally do not agree with Obama Executive Orders on gun control.

I believe there are enough laws on the book that needs to be enforced.

Looking at the numbers on this poll, it is fair to say the American people do not want Obama to pass anymore laws on gun control specially Executive Orders.

It is my understanding that Obama is targeting veterans, people who get disabilities checks, and people who get social security benefits.

Now just think for a moment, there are millions of Americans getting these benefits.

I thought the government was supposed to support what We The People wanted and not what the powers that be want.

Clearly this President does not Liston to We The People and has an agenda of his own.

I do agree with some of the gun control and I do agree people with serious mental illness should not own any kind of fire arms, but who is going to decide who is mentally ill and who's not? This alone opens the door for serious abuse.

So ATS, what is your take on this issue?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Action, not order.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I do not agree one little bit, and I am tired of him lying about the law. I do not support gun control, thats what it is. This new gun safety line is BS, there to fool the uninformed.

Gun Control has killed 100's of millions in the past , I cannot support that.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

This new gun safety line is BS, there to fool the uninformed.

I agree, I believe that there are enough laws on the books already

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Additionally, 73 percent of Democrats believe the nation needs stricter gun control

That makes perfect sense right there.

Seems many people are not considering the highest crime areas are in condensed Democrat voting pockets.

Criminals *LOVE* laws.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: wildb

This new gun safety line is BS, there to fool the uninformed.

I agree, I believe that there are enough laws on the books already

Every new law a politician wants to pass? Make them take 20 off the books!

Force them to study the unconstitutional laws they represent by making them thin em out before passing anymore! It isn't a damn accident that the United States of America has more people in prison than Russia and China combined......

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think the idea is DOA. All this controversy is put in place to avoid tax talks.

"Isn't this government here to help? If they are, why do they take the money made from my work? I mean they just print it up and it's value is imagined, but my life is limited and you guys feel like you are obligated to what 30-50% of my lifes work?"

"Crap, que the isis crisis, wait no, let'smake em' fight over their rights some more."

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Action, not order.

After are guns are gone and the government rolls over us are you still going to be splitting hairs with your "Action, not order" mantra?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

How do I feel about his executive actions on gun control? Well, he convinced me to finally join the NRA, which I did earlier this week, and I'm also in the process of drafting a letter to my representative and both senators expressing my disapproval of any gun control efforts directed at law-abiding citizens.

As for the poll, I can't say I'm a bit surprised. There were several major polls released in December that showed his gun control talk had backfired even before he'd actually taken these actions. In typical Obama fashion, he's just digging the hole deeper and deeper and deeper.
edit on 8-1-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Every new law a politician wants to pass? Make them take 20 off the books!

Force them to study the unconstitutional laws they represent by making them thin em out before passing anymore! It isn't a damn accident that the United States of America has more people in prison than Russia and China combined......

I agree.

It seems to me, that many of Washington's politicians do not understand the Constitutions.

Perhaps a law should be passed to make all politicians to take a course about the Constitution. It is clearly written in the second amendment that: Right Shell Not Be Infringed A pond.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

Action, not order.

After are guns are gone and the government rolls over us are you still going to be splitting hairs with your "Action, not order" mantra?

It isn't splitting hairs its definitions.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Enochstask

Action, not order.

It isn't splitting hairs its definitions.

Will it really matter if it's splitting hairs or if it's definitions when we are under government tyranny?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Are you sure you even know what government tyranny means?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Are you sure you even know what government tyranny means?

Are you sure you know what you are doing on this forum?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I sure do.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I sure do.

Then stop asking ridiculous questions.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Gotta love it when the President circumvents the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Same to you.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here is the true problem.

We know we have a lying president. It pains him to speak truth. We know he kills children and innocence, through his order (drone strikes, air strikes, general bombing etc).
We don't REALLY know if he's even American or Black, concerning the sketchy trials of his Birth Certificate in the FIRST place.

The real problem is, all these people who fear their own shadows, who never used a gun, fought a real battle in their lives, or have none backbone in their anatomy....
These people are pro gun control or even confiscation. .. because of their pure ignorance on the reality of guns and people.

These are the people who will systematically allow martial law and military police state as if it was everyday life. Politics works on them. Fear and propaganda work on them. That's not fine.

Those who oppose this systematic red flag of gun grabbing governments... they are using pure logic and reason for it. It's their free will, they take responsibility, they went to get background checks, license etc... they worked hard for money that bought their guns.

THE FOREFATHERS OF AMERICA WANTED YOU TO BE ARMED. THEY ARMED THEIR OWN PEOPLE, OR PROTECTED THEM. IN TODAY'S WORLD IT'S OPPOSITE, THE GOVERNMENT AND PRESIDENT HAS BEEN HIJACKED, AND AMERICA IS NOT LEAD BY AMERICANS.

That's reasonable. Ignorance is not.
Those whiny ass pro gun control people, live out of fear of the unknown. They don't lead, they follow. That's the kind of people who are anti gun rights.

Obama should be locked up or hung imo for what I've seen unfold the past 10 years. ... bush should reserve a lot beside Obama's grave.

For all those trying to hand guns over to the Obama and his parade, you will regret this more, then you ever know right now.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Same to you.

Same to you! I will get you at recess. LOL Petulant child!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join