It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Police Officer Shot In Patrol Car "In The Name Of Islam"- Sources

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: amazing

Most of the failed attempts at terrorism, where the body count would have been massive had they been carried out, where motivated by Islam. These should be taken into account as well. People are actively trying to commit acts of Islamic terror.

And criminals are actually trying to commit home invasions, rape and robbery and drug fueled murder. I'm more worried about that then terrorism. The media is portraying Islamic terrorism as our number one threat and everyone is running around scared. I'm just saying that it's very rare for that to happen and we shouldn't be living in FEAR. Our main threat is poverty which leads to drug use and higher crime rates.

Exactly ...poverty is also a motivator towards radicalization of a person.....when all is lost except for anger people are capable of some truly scary and nasty stuff....

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If he claimed to have done this in the name of Superman, would it have garnered the same reaction here?

Or is he just another nut, with a gun and a death wish, like there appear to be multitudes of in the USA?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Just because the guy said I do this for Islam, that doesn't mean that this can be considered Islamic violence.

C'mon, if the guy said I do this for the KKK, do you think the media would automatically indict all white supremacists ?

That is like saying if some person shot up an abortion clinic that the media would indict all Christians or gun-owners.

That would be crazy, right ?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

C'mon, if the guy said I do this for the KKK, do you think the media would automatically indict all white supremacists ? 

If the shooter was white, wearing Klan robes, victim was black and said that he did it for the Klan.... And supports the Klan....

I can't imagine the mayor of the city standing in front of television cameras saying that there was no reason to believe it was racially motivated.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino

That is like saying if some person shot up an abortion clinic that the media would indict all Christians or gun-owners.

Yup and yup.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Exactly ...poverty is also a motivator towards radicalization of a person.....when all is lost except for anger people are capable of some truly scary and nasty stuff....

This is so true, and I think it is Jeb who is wanting to cut off what little the poor have now.

OT but just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
THIS is getting Curiouser & Curiouser...

UPDATE:

POLICE PROBE TIP THAT RADICAL GROUP WANTS TO HARM OFFICERS

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Police in Philadelphia are investigating a tip that a man charged in the ambush shooting of a patrolman is connected to a radical group that may continue to pose a threat to officers.

The police department said Sunday evening that someone approached an officer on the street and alleged that the man who attacked Officer Jesse Hartnett "had an affiliation to a group with radical beliefs."

Police say they are working with the FBI to investigate the credibility of the information. They have alerted all department employees about the tip and will continue to require officers to work with a partner until further notice.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

UPDATE:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Police in Philadelphia are investigating a tip that a man charged in the ambush shooting of a patrolman is connected to a radical group that may continue to pose a threat to officers.

The police department said Sunday evening that someone approached an officer on the street and alleged that the man who attacked Officer Jesse Hartnett "had an affiliation to a group with radical beliefs."

Police say they are working with the FBI to investigate the credibility of the information. They have alerted all department employees about the tip and will continue to require officers to work with a partner until further notice.

hosted.ap.org...

This can't be true 'cause the mayor and other libs say religion has absolutely nothing to do with this attack.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: amazing

Most of the failed attempts at terrorism, where the body count would have been massive had they been carried out, where motivated by Islam. These should be taken into account as well. People are actively trying to commit acts of Islamic terror.

And criminals are actually trying to commit home invasions, rape and robbery and drug fueled murder. I'm more worried about that then terrorism. The media is portraying Islamic terrorism as our number one threat and everyone is running around scared. I'm just saying that it's very rare for that to happen and we shouldn't be living in FEAR. Our main threat is poverty which leads to drug use and higher crime rates.

poverty is a different issue entirely. And this is what always happens: point out the facts of Islamic terrorism, and watch it deflected to something else.

You miss the point. The point is...there is very little threat of terrorism and violence from terrorism to the average citizen of the USA. It's so little in fact as to be laughable.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

UPDATE:

hosted.ap.org...

This can't be true 'cause the mayor and other libs say religion has absolutely nothing to do with this attack.

Gosh...I wonder which radical organization in the US might have it in for police officers.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

UPDATE:

hosted.ap.org...

Gosh...I wonder which radical organization in the US might have it in for police officers.

D.A.M.M. - Drunks Against Mad Mothers. not to be confused with M.A.D.D.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
UPDATE:

The Philadelphia Police Counterterrorism Unit and the FBI were investigating allegations from the tipster that the man who shot Hartnett was associated with a small group of men with radical beliefs, and warned that "the threat to police is not over."

Specifically, she said there were three other men, more "radical" in their beliefs than Archer.

mobile.philly.com.../philly/news&id=364793161

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join