It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New DOOM Screenshots Leaked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Back when the first one was out, I was playing it one night, livingroom lights off, headphones on because the kids were in bed.

I was creeping around and all I could hear was that heavy strained breathing some of the monsters do. Sounded like it was right behind me with the headphones one.

Unknown to me, my wife (this was my first wife) had just come home from school, walked in the door and up behind me, and laid her hand on my shoulder.

Yah.....tower ended up on the floor, the headphone wires were ripped in half and I was standing about 15 feet away after vaulting over the back of the couch, hands up to do karate (or something, since of course I had NO idea how to do karate, hehehehe).

I had yelled so loud that the kids came down the stairs to see what was going on..........

Thats why shes the ex now right? Interrupt me while playing doom will ya! JK

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Ha!

No, she's my ex because she though the internet and cable bills were more important than rent, power and food.

Hrrrmmmmm......I wonder if I can dig this game back out of the closet and do a Let's Play with it (Doom 3).

I've got a hankering for doing a game like Doom 3 while making wisecracks.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I'd like to see that for sure.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ha! Actually I did one back in 2011....sort of. I was just goofing off with the video.

Have to see if I still have the game somewhere.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to add, I thought Doom 64 was one of the best.

I'm sure this will evoke some memories...

Oh, and this little gem...

Bill, may I introduce you to Earth. Earth, Bill.

Now shut up and jam.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You reminded me of when I was playing Doom 3 nightly after work. I would get home at 3:30 am,take a shower,eat my dinner,then sit at my souped up computer and play Doom 3 in the dark. I had on my headphones cause my son was sleeping in the next room and I didn't want to wake him. I kept the lights out to save on my electric. I am hear to say that yes I am a female,but I have played A LOT of video games over the years. And Doom 3 is the only one to ever make me jump out of my seat while playing it,lol. That game was awesomely creepy for real.

I don't know what anyone else is going on about as far as the orginal doom games. I have played them and found them boring. Doom 3 is the one game I keep the discs of "just in case" I wish to play it again. And I have over the years. I sincerely hope that Doom 4 is as awesome as it looks. They will have to pry my dead hands off my mouse and bury me if it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

My wife is also a gamer. She's having a blast with the Mass Effect trilogy right now.

The first DOOM.......what you have to understand is: most things sucked back then graphic wise, heh. Computers were very limited compared to today.

The computer I played DOOM on had a 386 processor that ran at 33 Mhz. That was considered FAST back then. I had 8 megabytes of RAM on the motherboard and my hard drive was a whopping 50 megabytes!. My video card was a SVGA that could handle up to 256 colors......a dial up modem that was 14.4k baud speed (so I could dial up the Sierra online network....and AOL, which was all text back then).

There were not a whole lot of shooters back then. You had Castle Wolfenstein 3D, who's colors and resolution were even lower than the original DOOM. Most games were point and click.

DOOM when it came out was a lot different than what we were used to. We were able to move around in a 3D environment, and the SFX were a lot more ambient than like Wolfenstein was.

For those of us that were there, it was like when Myst and Riven came out (if you've ever played those games), much later, which were not free 3D moving...but the graphics, colors and atmosphere revolutionized gaming in many ways.

When I was a teen in the 1980's, the Commadore 64 was a new thing, and I played Zork, a text based adventure game. I went from that to playing King's Quest on a IBM PC Jr., to DOOM, Ultima Underworld and Wing Commander on a 386 computer in less than 10 years.

For those of us back then, it was like each day some brilliantly new tech had come out and was amazing.

I remember when the first Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honor came out.....it was amazing to me then too.

Now I'm sitting here with a Hexa core CPU that runs at almost 3.0 Ghz, 16 gigabytes of RAM, a Video card that can do millions of colors with 4.0 shaders, a large flat screen monitor and two Terabyte hard dives......long ways from the Commadore 64 and my first PC.

So yah....the younger people laugh at what we found amazing back then. 30 years from now, your grandkids or great grandkids will most likely laugh at what you found amazing today, or just a few short years ago, just as my kids laughed at me when I showed them how a 8 track tape stereo worked.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The only war that mattered when I was a kid was the console wars, genesis or super nes lol kids today dont know about that haha blast processing, had to get the Sega

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I didn't see anyone post the actual gameplay of Doom 4. It's absolutely brutal. I'm not going to embed, because it's NSFW. My mouth was open the whole time the chainsaw was out lol.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-1-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

8 Track tape? zomg,my son wondered why we ever use something like that. I told him our options were limited then. Lol
I have played Myst and Castle Wolfenstein as well, Yes we have come a long way baby.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Looks good. The Brutal Doom soundtrack may be fitting for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'll be waiting.

Close your eyes and crank this ****. The gates of Hell are opening once more.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That is an absolutely fantastic cover probably one of the best I've heard honestly.I really like the sign of evil as well I dont know if these guys cover it but there are some videos out on YouTube that sound really good.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I played the closed Alpha, and while I'm under an NDA, I can say that the gameplay will not disappoint.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The other thing with the original Doom was the ability to create WADs with the Doom Utility Editor. I was still making WADs for Doom 1 & 2 well into the late 90s in college. I imagine today, with the ridiculous wealth of images available on the internet, a person could fire up the DEU and skin an incredible level, albeit a pixelated one.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Andrew Reiner from Gameinformer continues the magazine's coverage of Doom with his impressions of the single player campaign he played while visiting ID software , Andrew got to go to Hell.

This area is a throwback of sorts to the exploration puzzles from the original Doom games. I find myself navigating chambers of various sizes to track down colored skull keys. These areas are rich in branching paths that lead to secrets and various points of interest. Since it is hell, some of these secrets can kill you, such as an opening and closing obelisk that can flatten you if you don't time your movement correctly. I find a couple of collectibles along the way, but id wasn't willing to fill me in on what purpose they serve, if they serve any at all.

Combat arenas are in greater abundance in Titan's Realm than they were in Resource Ops, perhaps a product of it being a later stage in the game, or hell being a more violent place. Although most of the rooms I enter are somewhat suffocating in design, and there's a surprising degree of vertical space to navigate. Rocky pathways can be used to drop down on adversaries, which consist of Mancubuses, Revenants, Hell Knights, Barons of Hell, and my favorite, Pinky Demons. While not quite as pink as they were a decade ago, Pinky Demons charge at you like a bull, and almost always made me backpedal evasively. I also ran headlong into a Spectre, a semi-invisible Pinky Demon that can be hard to pick up, especially when the rockets start flying.
www.gameinformer.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Bethesda have today released this trailer for the single player campaign and the release date for DOOM.
May 13 2016.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A poster on ID's twitter feed has responded to a question from a twitter user as to the games length.

The difficulty level plays a factor, but folks playing at the office average 13+ hours in the campaign
twitter.com...

13+ hours seems good enough to me.
Roll on May 13th.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I cant wait...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I just hope chapter 2 and 3 in my comic book is finished by then so I have time to play. Fresh games always inspire me and I love this franchise. I like how the originals were single player centric first person horror. I really hope they dont buy into the COD model

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join