It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Fired nine shots?

You intend to kill as soon as you shoot one
edit on 2/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Child is still alive.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

She is still alive.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Your post will antagonise a few people for obvious reasons. It's saying the family hold some responsibility for being attacked.

In a better world, people should be able to get lost, park up and have their lights shine anywhere at all without the risk of death. It's ridiculous that anyone should face death for doing what this family have done.

Thing is, we don't live in that better world, we live in this one. Being 'streetwise' is living life on the premise that most people present a risk to our safety or well-being. 'Don't stand out' is one of the main rules. I agree with you about being

mindful of your surroundings

It's such a shame that the price for being naive can be a six-year old kid getting killed. As much as it's worth being 'mindful,' isn't it a shame that the shooters aren't 'mindful' of being caught or 'mindful' of not being assholes?

Anyway, I just wanted to agree with you before too much flaming started.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
There is very little information to go on here. Why do some believe it was "gang bangers"?

What else could it possibly be?

Undercover police?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's Texas. There are many people, not just gang bangers, that have firearms.

Why do we automatically expect it to be gang bangers?
edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

She is still alive.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

This is the truth. It is sad, but it's sad people get killed by drunk drivers, yet they do and we don't outlaw cars. Well said, reality is key

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This individual thought randomly firing into another vehicle was OK because they were shining lights onto his/her car. WTF.
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

What a pathetic excuse for a human being! People like this are nothing but ignorant and have no regards for human life. It's incidents like this that justify the death penalty. I hope this shooter gets what he deserves. He deserves a good place in hell!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

I feel like your attitude accommodates criminal behavior.
Which feels evil. Just sayin.

I'd also like to add... lol.

Yes we should be mindful of our environment, and yes we do live in a world where sometimes we end up in bad situations/areas, but this family holds NO responsibility for being shot at, the end. This feels like blaming a girls attire for being raped. If that's going to be the case, then we're all going to have to accommodate towards criminal behavior and cover up all the girls from head to toe(sound familiar?), and warn against traveling, all so that we do everything in our power to avoid being raped and shot at?

Or, maybe we should be mindful of our environment and the current attitudes and fight against those evil mentalities and eliminate the danger altogether? I wouldn't even begin to know how to do that, but I know that covering up girls entirely so they don't get raped is wrong. And I know that blaming a family for getting lost/being a little naive (we're all naive and we all get lost literally sometimes) for getting shot at is wrong. Again, that family is NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEINGS ACTIONS. No matter what they did.

Just my two cents.
edit on 2-1-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by geezlouise because: toe.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Duh... never left home and moved to the city have you?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Duh... never left home and moved to the city have you?

I live in a city.

Again, why do we automatically assume it was gang bangers?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Grey impalas are a car I learned to be wary of early in life...no matter which side of the law. You haven't lived if you don't know that.
edit on 2-1-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Then you must be sheltered

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I shouldn't even have to explain that to anyone that is Street wise

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Let's get real.

10 things to know about gangs operating in San Antonio

Some of the most dangerous gangs in Texas have deep roots in the San Antonio area.

That's according to the Texas Department of Public Safety's annual Texas Gang Threat Assessment, which tracks street and prison gangs and the threats they pose by committing criminal and violent acts.

And I wonder which Party gets the most votes around there?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Must be a dandy suburb.
I did a Google search on Misty Pine Drive, San Antonio, TX.
A home for sale in the 4100 block ad lists 38 registered offenders within one mile.
Is it an enclave for sex offenders.... or is this normal in Texas?
Scary.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Grey impalas are a car I learned to be wary of early in life...no matter which side of the law. You haven't lived if you don't know that.

Grey Impalas are known for shooting people?
edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Grey Impalas are known for shooting people?

do a google search:

"" Grey Impalas crime stats ""

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: errorcode

I hate to say it like this, but this is why you must be mindful of your surroundings. Parking in a way where your lights are shining at another car is not very smart. Especially in an area that you don't know.

Bs

That's not BS at all. He is perfectly correct.

Yes it's disgusting and no you shouldn't have to, bit none the less that is the world we live in. There is no point in giving a simple BS answer to someone that has a valid point.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You obviously are not wise to the streets. No offense, you are just barking up the wrong tree from your ivory tower

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join