It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dating site for white people is turning heads?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
Isn't this a little redundant, when FarmersOnly.com already exists?

Totally racist.

Inferring that black farmers do not exist.

This bloke sells some of my favourite stuff.

www.theblackfarmer.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well I support freedom of thought and expression so would not advocate any calls to shut the website down.
I have no issues with people who only wish to mate with those of the same skin colour, religion, culture or nationality as their own. Who am I to disagree, and why?

Even among the same ethnic groups, take the hundreds of thousands of eastern European folk here in the UK, majority white but it's rare as hens teeth for the Polish to mix/partner outside of their nationality.

I and plenty of friends in my social group have dated or settled down with Slovaks, Czechs, Latvians, Lithuanians, but Polish, nope, they keep to themselves.
Racist? Bigoted? When Polish mates have explained it to me I understand it.

So yep, a dating site for whites only, so what? When/if people stop wanting to choose a mate by ethnicity then such a website will fail.
Until then I support freedom of expression and freedom of choice over offending peoples feelings, every time.
edit on 2.1.2016 by grainofsand because: clarity

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Looks like good stuff.
The man has marketing skills too.

I was referring to the 'black farmer' above^^.
edit on b000000312016-01-02T09:28:45-06:0009America/ChicagoSat, 02 Jan 2016 09:28:45 -0600900000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy I haven't visited the site but even if it was Whitesupremacisthookup.com I would support that freedom of expression and choice.

*Edit
For the record, I'm colour blind when it comes to physical attraction.

edit on 2.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I live in Los Angeles, considered a 'Liberal" city by any definition.

Most people I see walking hand in hand, are almost 100% with someone of their own race, ethnicity, culture,etc.

What does that tell us? When in the most LIBERAL of cities, people choose to be with their own 'kind'?

Are we racist? Is that a racist thing to do?

As far as sites for "White guys". I've tried many dating sites, where my preference was a European woman, or something close. I've dated every race/ethnicity under the Sun, but in my life right now I am looking for another European. My tastes and attraction have changed. But every website I have been on with a profile in Southern California, garners MULTIPLE messages and interests from Non-White women. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, most of them are very nice, attractive, etc. But as a White guy you get SLAMMED by Non-Whites a lot.

I can put up a profile and my first 20 "Likes" and "What's Ups?" will be Hispanic, Mid Eastern, Asian women. White women are rarely out there. And my White girl friends get SLAMMED by Non White guys consistently where they have to sift through a thousand men, when looking for another European, and they get tired of it. Even my most Liberal Hipster girl friends secretly tell me they pass over almost ALL Non-White guys....but they can't say it in public because they feel guilted. Yet most data published by these sites show exactly THAT, that White women by far prefer White men.

My White guy friends have the same thing going on. If they look more "Nordic"...the Asian girls ATTACK. Southern Europeans like me get SLAMMED by the Latina women, and here in L.A., that means Mexican. You can't get away from it.

I even joined "FarmersOnly.com" because I thought I could meet a nice suburban-farmy-ish White girl, and even there I got slammed by Non White women.

Why can't we have our own site? Why is it racist if we want to look for someone similar to us? Our pool to choose from, especially in major cities is dwindling, where a suitable single White person is like a Unicorn.

Sorry but this is the stark truth. A lot won't say it but I don't care anymore. Especially nowadays.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: butcherguy I haven't visited the site but even if it was Whitesupremacisthookup.com I would support that freedom of expression and choice.

*Edit
For the record, I'm colour blind when it comes to physical attraction.

Got some reason, my post above didn't tag to Sprocket UK as I had intended.
As for me, I support freedom of speech.
BUT-
I wish that Dr. MLK Jr's dream could be fulfilled and we never have a need to mention race regarding anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

" In contrast, blackpeoplemeet.com is known as a site to meet black people"
If it was called meetblackpeople.com then your point would make sense.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The thing is, anybody can join - you don't have to be white yourself, just want a white partner.

If this dating site were to open shop in the UK, I guarantee that 90% of the clientele would be black and Pakistani men looking to date white women...and the Pakistani men would be married to Pakistani women, lol. Just telling it like it is.

So 'Where White People Meet' is a misleading title; it's not about white people meeting at all...it's actually encouraging mixed couples.

The title suggests that it's white people joining to meet white partners.

It should be.

But then I guess that would be racist...so like, what's the point?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People have the right to be in the KKK, start all the prejudiced and hate filled websites they want. And the government has no right to do anything about that until these groups starts breaking the law.

What freedom of speech does not protect against unsurprisingly is freedom of speech.

A person can say all the hateful things they want, and the beautiful thing is, people are protected by freedom of speech to call them on it. People come on here and say "I support freedom of speech, so even if it was..."

What that statement really means in terms of what freedom of speech protects against and what it does not, is that whether the person realizes or means to, they are supporting the cause they're defending, not free speech. Free speech fully allows for people to protest discrimination, free speech allows for people to boycott people that discriminate, free speech allows for people to call bigots out and stand against them as long as it doesn't get violent and break the law. This is what freedom of speech is all about. A person is completely capable of supporting free speech while decrying such a website. The law can't do anything about it, but public opinion can and is allowed to have APPROPRIATE repercussions.

So when people who act in a bigoted or hateful manner and are called on it scream freedom of speech they're full of #. People have the right to dislike what you do and tell you so. That's freedom of speech, that's the very thing they claim to be fighting for when they cry their freedom is being infringed upon. I'm not for laws that restrict freedom of speech. I am for calling a bigot a bigot though, which is what that law protects. Sorry bigots, you have the right to say all the bigoted things you want, and I and everyone else has the right to make a louder fuss than you if we can. As long as we don't break the law.

Bigots are quick to cry freedom of speech to defend themselves or freedom of religion while simultaneously ignoring that the people they are crying about are just returning kind with kind.

By the way, this website has to do with freedom of assembly, not freedom of speech. It has to do with the right to choose who you wish to assemble and associate with. So freedom of speech is the wrong angle anyway. It's irreverent to the website itself. The only thing freedom of speech addresses here is people speaking for and against this website. Both sides of which are protected equally by the law, or should be. It's not the laws business if it turns out more speak for one aspect than the other until other laws get broken.

That being said, once again, this is protecting you from the government telling you who you can or cannot associate and assemble with. Not from other people calling the KKK hateful bigots and telling them their opinion of them. Once again, so long as they break no law in doing so.

So if someone is a bigot and an asshole, or creates a bigoted website, is a bully or anything else you disagree with it is your right and in some cases one might argue, your duty to speak up and make a stand. Just don't break the law in the process. In fact that's sort of the goal, is part of how Martin Luther King Jr. and Ghandi were so successful. Stand up, speak up, but take the high road and let the other guy incriminate themselves instead.

Overall the bigots are losing, they'd be done for already if so many hadn't lost their way. Bigots are all over on both sides of every equal rights fight these days. Why? Because at some point too many people forgot the dream and became the very monsters they're suppose to be fighting. They stopped fighting for equality, for humans being humans, they forgot the cause, the purpose, the goal, the end game, instead they create enemies where there are none, use the very tactics that they're supposed to be against. Taking the lowest of the lowest road. Every time the low road is taken, one's cause takes two steps back.

You cannot stop bigotry while supporting bigotry.
edit on 1/2/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: uktorah
a reply to: Abysha

" In contrast, blackpeoplemeet.com is known as a site to meet black people"
If it was called meetblackpeople.com then your point would make sense.

Hey, when I first heard of "blackpeoplemeet.com", it was at the tale end of a radio commercial without much context. I thought it was a site for cannibals.

Their name isn't exactly the most well thought out.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Better idea, make a dating site, with preference to check based on all the awesome different features of humanity in terms of cosmetic appearance. You like black skin, or white skin, or red hair or blonds, check that in the must have box and bam.

Is skin color really a good way to divide humanity? No it's not. It should be no more significant than freckles. A freckled dating exclusive site would be silly. So is all these sites. Especially in a culture that believes in race.

I'd have no problem with such sites if the bunk concept of race had become a thing of antiquity. It hasn't though, so to pretend a white only dating site or a black only dating site has no connection to promoting race and thus racism is intellectually dishonest.

Sorry...I disagree. Hair color, eye color, skin color, weight, height...depending upon what you personally like or dislike, makes a difference. And who am I or you to tell someone else what is important to them? I've met people who would never, ever, ever date a redhead. I know people who would never date a black person and I'm sure there are people who hate freckles. Not me...I like redheads and freckles
But you get my point.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
I agree, skin colour whether natural or not is a valid consideration for an individuals personal preference.
Women with fake tans turn me off, is that bigoted as well these days?
...I guess so to some folk.

*edit
Second thoughts fake tans was a poor example because it's fake, but if people discern regarding natural skin colour I have no issues, we all fancy different types.

edit on 2.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I actually agree with your "fake tan" idea. Why go on a date with someone that has or does something you simply can't like? Sounds like a waste of time to me

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

originally posted by: Puppylove
I want to make a dating site now. Call it "mixed couples mash up." It's goal, eliminate racism through interbreeding. A dating site oriented at one thing, people looking to go outside their "race" specifically.

So sick of racism. I've dated and married outside my "race" all these self segregating sites piss me off.

Self segregation pisses me off.

Race is a made up bull# concept and segregation, enforced by outside forces, or by oneself is 100% equally responsible for humans being divided by race.

Sorry to shoot down your near sighted theory but race is not made up bull-# and segregation was initially started by mother nature(and she knows best)Whites in the north, Asians in Asia and blacks in Africa. We were all uniquely adapted for our environments. Each race has achievements to be proud of,whites- too many to list, but a stock worth keeping.You'll call that racism but it's simply true and if it makes you mad then you need to look inward and explore your insecurities.Asians- invented gunpowder,oldest civilizations,countless accomplishments.A worthy people.And Africans- cradle of human ancestry and winners of multiple Boston marathons.
So don't be a hater if people don't want to mix races,it's none of your business.

Going out but will respond to this bit of nonsense when I come back.

Too bad i cant be here to hear your likely insults(cause thats how you respond when the facts are just too unbreakable and true to dispute) but it all runs off me like water on scotch guard. Tah,tah!

Hi Fartsmeller46 iam not here to offer insults as that can kill conversations, but I could give 0 fks about people who want to mix or don't the biological facts are modern us!! ie humans despite our observable differences are literally the same extended family and that's not an opinion of the Spider but yrs of research by folks with two letter signatures and three letters signatures before and after their given names, but more to my point you choose reduced the Africans to genetic progenitors and physical sports super men while omitting their cultural and intellectual legacy of civilizations as thinkers and movers, either you are ignorant of the facts or you are playing , this was done by you on purpose.
If you want to contest the above holla at me as I'll be more than happy to show you the error of your thinking.
Btw you have atleast three persons that gave you stars don't let them down by not responding

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If golfer Gary Player became a U.S. citizen would he be referred to as an African American? Probably not. Labels are corral-dust but how else do we describe a person or people? reply to: Spider879

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Only gays and minority are allowed sexual preferences it seems.

I like white, slender white girls.

Guess that makes me a homophobic, misogynistic racist

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Misterlondon

You're the only one who made a logical point. Are people on ATS supporting white segregation? That dating website promotes it, makes money off it, and advertises it on billboards!

These are white people who will not even consider the chance of falling in love with a person of a different skin color. They have zero love and affection or attraction to other ethnicities. They are to a degree racist if not completely racist white people with these skin color romance preferences.

A man who only wants to be in relationship with a white female and turn down all the other beautiful exotic women of the world would absolutely be a racist. If the guy was talking to his buddies going off about dating only white girls and how he hates dating woman of other skin color he would come across as a massive racist @$%#&*!

Every dating website imaginable has been on the internet for 10+ years. Some are even fake/scams/have bots/etc..who cares...a huge billboard is a little odd..whoever is in charge of choosing what billboards to put up should be a little more careful next time.

Then im proud to be a racist and wont ever change!

I have a sexual prefrence and I can't / wont ever change that!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Agreed but remember MLK said he dreamed of "a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin but BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER". a reply to: butcherguy

edit on 2-1-2016 by yak055h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: butcherguy
What if a female posts her bio on any dating a site and states that she is only interested in black men?
Is she a racist?
Or is she only a racist if she is black?

If a white man states that he is looking exclusively for white women, it could be grounds for calling him a racist... couldn't it?
But if a black man wants to date only white women, very few would think of calling him a racist, I suppose.

It's not as if white men do not state he is looking exclusively for Black women very few would call him a racist , while I think people have their preference I worry slightly about fetishizing one another.

These examples are perfect and yes people with hardcore stubborn preferences to skin colors have some personality issues. All of these people are making race a big part of their romance life so obviously race issues will come up in the relationship. Why even go there...Their partner might not have racial preferences and if they found out their lover is only in love with them mostly because of skin color they might find that racist and unsettling.

Ok we can we Start forceing gays to like women then?

If i cant have a sexual prefrence no one can.
edit on 2-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yak055h
Agreed but remember MLK said he dreamed of "a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin but BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER". a reply to: butcherguy

That will never happen with sexual attraction.

There will all ways be some physical component.

Anything else is a rainbow coloured PC wet dream.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join