It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Wiretaps Reveals Netanyahu Bribed Republicans To Sabotage Obama’s Iran Peace Deal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You may remember the ridiculous doomsday prophecies and outrageous fear-mongering that defined the Republican campaign against President Obama’s nuclear peace deal with Iran. The motivation behind their unwise and ultimately ineffective resistance to the President’s diplomatic agenda has finally come to light. A new report from the Wall Street Journal reveals that NSA wiretaps found that the the Israeli Prime Minister and other officials of the Israeli governments attempted to, and most likely succeeded, to bribe American legislators in exchange for their support against the deal.

“A U.S. intelligence official familiar with the intercepts said Israel’s pitch to undecided lawmakers often included such questions as: “How can we get your vote? What’s it going to take? Mr. Netanyahu and some of his allies voiced confidence they could win enough votes.” The answers to Israeli proposals have yet to be fully revealed, but it is clear that favors were offered – bribes were proposed – and from the subsequent behavior of Republican lawmakers, we can only infer that our legislators accepted those bribes, from a foreign government in exchange for opposing the diplomatic efforts of the Obama Administration. At the very least, the very discussion itself indicates that they conspired with a foreign government to undermine the foreign policy agenda of their elected Commander-in-Chief, which certainly amounts to treason.
www.occupydemocrats.com...

*SNIP* This was nothing but a preemptive strike and muddying the waters about the real bribes and treasonous acts by Republican senators and Congressmen,for now that story is out in the ether doesn't matter if it was true or not for the gullible will eat it up, and some will now make fake comparison that both are guilty or the report of both must equally be false hoping that the general public will throw it's collective hands in the air and walk away, hence no political price will be paid for treason, disgusting and genius at the same time..well played Reps.

Congressional Democrats PAID BY IRANIAN LOBBY to support Obama’s Nuke Deal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-1-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
edit on 1/1/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I forgot to add although the link is to Occupy Democrats which can be seen as biased, the story it self is from the Wall Street Journal

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What's sad and pathetic is that politicians have to be bribed in order to have an opinion on a topic.

Whether for or against, politicians just can't look at the issue and have an opinion.

Was the nuke deal with Iran a good idea? I personally don't think so, and I haven't been bribed by anyone.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Why does it not surprise me that bribes were offered and that bribes were accepted??

Is the fact that bribes were accepted; a sign that the US is sliding into tyranny?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Words, I need to use my words...I can't though. This is literally what I just said and did:

And then I thought about saying something about how this doesn't surprise me in the least, but I figured I'd just quit while I'm ahead and leave with:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Well I guess Israel didn't spend enough mmoney since the deal went through. Although apparently the republicans were right I read an article that was explaining how Iran has already broken the deal and they havnt even signed it yet. But according to several news reports this story is wrong. The story was that Obama had the NSA tap Netanyahu phone. Because they were afraid he was going to attempt to scuttle the deal with Iran. The House is now requesting information from the NSA on the wire taps.

This means it still classified and no one had access unless it is declassified thus the request from congress. The NSA is going to tell them the information is classified and offer to brief certain members like the arms services committee. I can tell you there is no way a news paper got wire taps from the NSA. They didnt even want to admit they were spying on Israel after the Taps on the Germans were revealed. Obama promissed to stop the practice but apparently decided differently for israel.
www.theguardian.com...

Ps there is something interesting they revral the US has a tap on Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. But I'm netting with this story that won't he for long.
edit on 1/1/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So...I wonder if Israel spent money that the USA gave them in the first place...?

Wouldn't that just be rich?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

personally I think everyone is keeping tabs on everyone else including enemies,friends and frienemies just that some like to pretend they are above it all.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

So...I wonder if Israel spent money that the USA gave them in the first place...?

Ah yes full circle..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I am surprised he had to bribe them. I would have done that for free.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Be funny in a sad way but no it doeant work that way. ISRAEL would actually not bribe a member of congress well sort of. The way it works is Israel has a list of all Jewish organizations in the US. They call these groups to pressure their congressman or they can offer incentives to the congressman such as guaranteed support in his next election. No congressman is stupid enough to take money. That's not the way it works. Like any PAC what they do is offer support and offer to help find raise and make donations to their campaign fund and in some casses even offer votes in their district. The biggest problem we have is congreasman are always worried about their next election and making sure they stay in washington. We don't see this as much with the president because his term in office is limited.But senators and congressional representatives stay on the hill for decades.
edit on 1/1/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
And Iran is bribing Democrats.

Both parties could not care less about the people.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hilarious...try to turn it around....like libs always do...nothing on Obama openly spying on an ally but super pissed at what you heard on those illegal recordings....like I said....hilarious

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Be funny in a sad way but no it doeant work that way. ISRAEL would actually not bribe a member of congress well sort of. The way it works is Israel has a list of all Jewish organizations in the US. They call these groups to pressure their congressman or they can offer incentives to the congressman such as guaranteed support in his next election. No congressman is stupid enough to take money. That's not the way it works. Like any PAC what they do is offer support and offer to help find raise and make donations to their campaign fund and in some casses even offer votes in their district. The biggest problem we have is congreasman are always worried about their next election and making sure they stay in washington. We don't see this as much with the president because his term in office is limited.But senators and congressional representatives stay on the hill for decades.

....And Muslims dont have special interest groups in America?...doesnt everyone "well except white christian males" have a special interest group? Your statement has zero merit

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Are you trying to say Wall Street Journal isnt biased? All media is biased

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm reminded of an old joke.

Two card sharps are playing poker. A passerby watches the game for a few moments, then whispers to one of the players, "I think he's dealing off the bottom of the deck." The player shrugs and says, "So what? It's his deal ain't it?"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Why give diplomatic channels a chance when you can just pay people to spread your fear? lol I'm so glad this didn't work, if it is true.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Dems/Liberals will jump on this, because they have been looking bad lately, due to Hilary scandals and Obama's record as President is dismal at best.
What does it prove? We can't trust either side.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Dems/Liberals will jump on this, because they have been looking bad lately, due to Hilary scandals and Obama's record as President is dismal at best.
What does it prove? We can't trust either side.

As well they should and so should Republicans, Hilary scandals well whats new most libs like my self don't give a hoot about her, we expect her to sell out to Bankers, and Obama I have issues with as he moved Bush's policies further than Bush himself is his record dismal at best??, I'd say disappointing because he is inline with most of the modern Presidents that came before him .

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
Hilarious...try to turn it around....like libs always do...nothing on Obama openly spying on an ally but super pissed at what you heard on those illegal recordings....like I said....hilarious

Naïveté ....try to turn it around.....do you think for one moment that our "allies" don't utilize every tool at their disposal to spy on us?

Naïveté .....wasn't it your beloved Ronald Reagan who said "Trust but verify?"

Naïveté .....you think it's hilariously illegal to spy on "allies" but have no qualms about foreign governments bribing our elected officials?

Naïveté.....you continue to view Israel as our trusted ally when they have a record of committing false flag attacks against the U.S..

Naïveté.....you can't see the hypocrisy of Israel's disapproval of the Iran deal while they, (Israel) have the single biggest stockpile of undeclared nukes on the planet.

Naïveté.....you think that white Christian men are somehow the under-represented group in our government? REALLY?

Personally, I hope the Justice Dept. follows up on this. If proven to be true, I hope they prosecute any elected officials who are found guilty of taking bribes for treason. I would also approve of cutting off "ALL" foreign aid to Israel.

Don't you just hate it when your peeps turn out to be crooks?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join