It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons I have met

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If there are some upper echelons of Freemasonry, it would be easy for the people at the top to keep it secret from the majority of the 33rd degree and below. I don't think the people at the top, if "they" exist are necessarily good or evil. I am not sure what their agenda is, or even how closely tied they are to the Illuminati, but it seems from my research the Illuminati took over or partnered up with the Masons in Europe a while back.

I thought about joining, but I don't like the $300 fee for annual dues or membership.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Freemasons the only people who will never change to the metric system

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzothPendragon
If there are some upper echelons of Freemasonry, it would be easy for the people at the top to keep it secret from the majority of the 33rd degree and below.

The 33rd Degree is relevant only in the Scottish Rite, it has no meaning or importance out of there.

I thought about joining, but I don't like the $300 fee for annual dues or membership.

My lodge dues are $95 a year and there is a one time initiation fee of $195 to join which covers a mandatory background check. It also pays for your apron and a few books.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anansi
The Freemasons the only people who will never change to the metric system

I do know metric booze though. All my wine is 750ml.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I have met and know personally many Masons and they are a mixture of obnoxious, confused, informed, carefree individuals you could ever wish to meet.

that's interesting. sounds similar to my experience. I just remembered one more Mason I met. this guy was only 1st degree, then I think he got "kicked out."

Anyway, he came down to Occupy Honolulu, and seemed like kind of a burnt out hippie that was permafried from acid. He told me he joined the Masons, but they didn't like him. He said some interesting things about philosophy and life. I wondered if he was schizophrenic, because he kept jumping from subject to subject and seemed kind of out of it.

He suddenly walked near the sidewalk away from me, took off all his clothes, sat down on the ground, and started picking of handfuls of grass cutting and dropping them on his head. Cops soon showed up with a big yellow blanket, and took him away.

Oh, another thing I forgot is the guy who responded to my trolling came down to Occupy one day, and got mad because someone was flying that stupid Adbusters American flag with corporate logos instead of stars, and ripped it off the pole and threw it away.

To be honest, he sounds like a fruit loop, rather than a Mason. Just my opinion.

When I say I have met and know Mason's, I mean I have been in their employ, within their lodge.

Well, yes, he was obviously insane. He got booted out after the first degree. It's pretty easy to make it to the third degree, it seems, and it only takes three months. So, he "was" only a Mason for maybe a month or so. He told me they said not to tell their secrets or they would kill him, but he seemed not to take them seriously, because he shrugged when he said it.

Okay, then don't tell anyone. Oops, you may have said something.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

We got it covered. The 'clean up crew' has already been dispatched.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I emphasize, this post is my opinion and not fact.

There is no grand design...

On the contrary.

The 'secrets' are five handshakes and five passwords. That is it.

Lie.

The purpose of Masonry is to facilitate a place where like-minded individuals can come and share time and strive for self-improvement.

That I cannot dispute. Once improved, many are no longer amused by ignorant-esque type of behavior, period. The powerful Masons despise living, breathing and sharing the same existence with common folk, so they create their own existence. The "lesser" carve their existence through charity, servitude and commitment. To a "regular" Mason, that gives them purpose, joy and mastership. Masons do get drunk with power, as do most, BTW.

I really don't want to attack Masons in general, just the ones who use it to their advantage. At a certain degree, you have to defend all actions of a brother. My entrails still belong to me.

edit on 29-12-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
On the contrary.

Then what is it?

Lie.

Then what are they?

That I cannot dispute. Once improved, many are no longer amused by ignorant-esque type of behavior, period.

See, that is the thing. You are not 'improved' after you get your 3rd Degree. Improvement is a life long and never ending quest. Spending a few hours in a Lodge as a candidate in a degree is not the culmination of self improvement, it is just one step of many more.

The powerful Masons...

Who or what is a 'powerful' Mason?

I really don't want to attack Masons in general, just the ones who use it to their advantage. At a certain degree, you have to defend all actions of a brother. My entrails still belong to be.

No, I do not have to defend anyone.

edit on 29-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AzothPendragon

5 handshakes/passwords... "that's it"

There's no way these individuals you have met would "expose" the truth to yourself under the circumstances you've described

One example of how I know this isn't fact. Thanks for sharing on an interesting topic but I think a lot of this is speculation and opinion and not backed up by anything other than "fisherman's tales", since a lot isn't adding up
edit on 29-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Stop being so curious all the time..

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
5 handshakes/passwords... "that's it"

Actually, that was me that said that, not the Original Poster.

And if you think I am wrong then feel free to show otherwise.

link   

originally posted by: Anansi
Stop being so curious all the time..

Why?

link   

Give it up, man. We really know what's going on with the Masons. We found out when they faked the moon landings.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

My mistake - I was immediately skeptical of OP and the way information was presented and did not see that you were the one who explained that tidbit.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hah.

Interesting story. The lodge Buzz Aldrin was in merged with the one by my house. He had given his mother lodge a moon rock which was packed up when they consolidated and never made it to the new lodge. So someone has a moon rock in a box somewhere. Or on their mantle.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No worries, simple mistake.

My statement is accurate however.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I do not know much about masons even though both of my grandfathers were masons. I remember my mother's dad saying that if all men were masons, the world would be a better place. He also said that during WW2 there was no way that Germany would invade Britain because the masons in Germany would not allow this. He stopped going to lodge because some of the guys drank and he hated alcohol.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

See, that is the thing. You are not 'improved' after you get your 3rd Degree.

I never said that.

Spending a few hours in a Lodge as a candidate in a degree is not the culmination of self improvement, it is just one step of many more.

I never came close to saying that.

Who or what is a 'powerful' Mason?

Trust me, I have my list and I'm checking it twice. Lets see, war, law, banking, commodities...

No, I do not have to defend anyone.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I never said that.

Then what did you mean by, 'Once improved, many are no longer amused by ignorant-esque type of behavior, period.'

What is this improvement and when and where does it occur?

Trust me, I have my list and I'm checking it twice. Lets see, war, law, banking, commodities...

That is not really a list of people and their lodges.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
NVM

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join