It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons I have met

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It wouldnt do you any good

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Interesting conversation, I would wager though that somewhere in the depths of Freemasonry, or at least the people involved, there is something a little more interesting than 5 codes and handshakes - I don't dispute that they are a "secret", but I bet there are much more interesting ones to be had somewhere in that huge structure, somewhere among all that history.

The one group I am sure existed and held some knowledge that the Masons are suspected of keeping, that would be the Brotherhood of the Snake, and whatever name or form it takes today, I can imagine the knowledge has been preserved perfectly.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
Interesting conversation, I would wager though that somewhere in the depths of Freemasonry, or at least the people involved, there is something a little more interesting than 5 codes and handshakes - I don't dispute that they are a "secret", but I bet there are much more interesting ones to be had somewhere in that huge structure, somewhere among all that history.

The one group I am sure existed and held some knowledge that the Masons are suspected of keeping, that would be the Brotherhood of the Snake, and whatever name or form it takes today, I can imagine the knowledge has been preserved perfectly.

I agree. Freemasonry is very old, and they have a lot of money, and a lot of symbolism. So, it seems to me there could be many secrets that I would find very interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Anansi
The Freemasons the only people who will never change to the metric system

I do know metric booze though. All my wine is 750ml.

That's sad... Nothing like large formats to really hang that "wino" label around your neck. On a side note, Caymus has brought back the one litre bottling with their 40th Anniversary offering and have also made a run of that bottle size with the 2013 regular Cabernet.

I use the metric system all the time at work, and at play... Something about the numbers 5.56 and 7.62 that brings terminal joy.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

It wouldnt do you any good

People should always ask questions.

Any chance of you answering mine?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me
That's sad... Nothing like large formats to really hang that "wino" label around your neck. On a side note, Caymus has brought back the one litre bottling with their 40th Anniversary offering and have also made a run of that bottle size with the 2013 regular Cabernet.

Large formats are the only thing I have room for these days. I saw the Caymus at the local Total Wine and the wife got me one as a stocking stuffer last year.

I use the metric system all the time at work, and at play... Something about the numbers 5.56 and 7.62 that brings terminal joy.

If I used those numbers at work you would be hearing about me on the television.

edit on 30-12-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
.... but I bet there are much more interesting ones to be had somewhere in that huge structure, somewhere among all that history.

Not really. The lessons are all personal and the rest of the revelatory experiences need to happen internally at that point.

There is no uber secret group waiting to induct you once you are 'worthy' enough, there is no special prize you get for hanging around long enough. It is a personal commitment that you can be involved with as you want and the more you put in in terms of participation the more you get out in terms of personal growth, spiritual fulfillment and friendship.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

There are three aspects, two of them are references to something observable and the last is philosophical, since i have knowledge about all three and you just one part, would you understand, probably very unlikely.. The aspect you are taught only teaches you, well, nothing really.. But you feel smart in knowing a little secret..

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Anansi

You claim to have 'read' the Masonic secrets. What are they and where did you read them?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yes that is the Scottish Rite - Blue Book ..
But what of the York Rite?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Have no interest in being a mason but it's always baffling to me when people talk about how compartmentalised it is and how only the masons at the top know the ultimate secret...then the same person will proclaim to know what it is despite never having been on the inside.

I actually feel quite sorry for them that they constantly have to fight this weird logic.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0 x 0
Yes that is the Scottish Rite - Blue Book ..
But what of the York Rite?

Did you mean 'Blue Lodge'? That is the first three degrees. In the United States both the York and Scottish Rite are side orders that only review the lessons from the Blue Lodge, there are no additional passwords or grips you need to demonstrate to prove yourself a Mason.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

How long have you been a Mason, and what degrees do you have?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

How long have you been a Mason, and what degrees do you have?

Over 10 years and I am also in the Scottish Rite. You?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No affiliation, just a watcher..

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Do you have any intention of answering my questions?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I think you are missing the point, does it really matter? I can even tell you about how the story unfolds in your "first lodge" in the 12th century, it doesnt exist in The Great British Isles, never did , its a parable.

Like i said, it wont do you any good..

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I think you miss the point. You speak in absolutes on a subject you could not possibly know about without being a member. Just like none of us know how the mods on this site talk about things on the back end. We aren't there.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I think you are missing the point, does it really matter?

I think you are the one missing the point. You made claims about certain aspects of the Fraternity which I asked you for specifics on and you refuse to answer which is not only obnoxious but shows you are not interested in having any type of discourse on the subject.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Its stories, and well there is an absolute truth cause something did actually happen, just not maybe the way your stories wants them to be..
So you fill in a couple of blanks and "voila" freemasonry is older and leaves out the rest.. Do i have to be a freemason? If i speak in absolute on something it probably means i have a facts up to present day on a physical stage in a museum.. Does one persona make the whole grandeur idea of freemasonry older than it is, maybe its just dedication from one person who wanted the world to see what he taught to be an important message..

I think you are missing one point, im not an American

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join