It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people make fun of Islam ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Because it's an adult belief equivalent with Santa Claus.

No religion ever has proven a God, and thanks to the internet many now know this.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Well thats the problem. You have two different interpretations. These Muslims are ready to die because they believe they are fighting a holy jihad against non Muslims and if they die they are doing the will of Allah

believe me, I like your interpretation better.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Nice opinion about religion

so "Why do people make fun of Islam ?"

^^^^^ thread title

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Probably because it is the nuts that always get portrayed in the media and videos. I have seen countless videos of Imams saying things that are totally bizarre and I will not repeat some of the despicable things said. It seems that moderate muslims are really quiet in the world. I know some have come out and there seems to be an effort in the US by a new muslim group that are true Americans and support our freedom and way of life and other religions right to do their own thing.

But, until they become the voice of Islam and put the ones abusing the religion and trying to impose an old medieval way of life on everyone else in the world the situation will only continue and get worse. Things could get extremely ugly if the radicals are not brought under control and doing the things they are doing. It seems to be the middle eastern muslims that have the most radicals out of the rest of the world.

Islam has to be reformed or things will not improve for them. I say this because currently, to me and I am not alone here from things I have read or heard, if things continue as they are there is going to be a backlash so severe that the world will be lucky to survive it.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Because it his hilarious that over a billion adults actually belive a homicidal pedophile sociopath from the Middle Ages, who heard voices as part of his psychosis, speaks directly for God.

It is not so funny that they torture, rape, enslave and kill in his name and effort to spread their homicidal delusion.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Oh thank you.
I notice that there was no denial from you though.Most non Muslims are ignorant of this fact.
You asked a question, I gave you an honest answer.
If you don't like it its because the truth hurts.

There no point in going in to a debate with you, the way you replied to my thread tells me more then enough.
No matter what I tell you you'll never be satisfied.

edit on 24-12-2015 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2015 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Vector99

Nice opinion about religion

so "Why do people make fun of Islam ?"

^^^^^ thread title

That was my answer, unless Islam no longer falls under the category of "religion" I don't need to expand.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It's really not hard to make fun of people who are as intolerant and stuck in the 11th century when it comes to growth as a good chunk of Muslims seem to be. Heck, they, for the most part won't even take in their own fellow Muslims in their time of need, in fact they'd rather kill them. They get murderous when it comes to cartoons. Do we really need to go on? Modern Islam can't get along with others nor take a joke. Until they can do both, they deserve all the ridicule that gets heaped o them.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

There is nothing to debate,you cannot rebutt what I said unlike your explanation of 72 vigins etc.
Am I a hater of a man in his 50s forcing himself on a child?Hell yes.
I cannot get my head around how so many people can then follow this man's teachings and just forget or not care about him having sex with a child.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, people in Muslim countries don't make fun of Islam! It's often fatal.

It is a tradition of liberal and democratic societies that have developed over the last 500 years, to take the piss out of those who hold power. It's called free will. If religion cannot be mocked we may as well pack the bag of PROGRESS and rewind back to 1545.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Watch little kids on a playground. Theres always a bully and some groupy clingons picking on some hapless kid.

Just like the US government uses the media to foment hatred against Islam in general.

Radical Muslim extremist jihadist Islamisist…

They aren't spouting that crap all day so people will hate Buddhists. They aren't paying thugs to kill in the name of Islam so we will not like Hindus.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Why not making fun of islam?
People make fun of everything, of religions, of sexuality, of blondes, of presidents, even of death. It's a natural human way to release pressure and a sign of intelligence.
Why Islam should be above everything else in this world?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
But on a serious side , why not .They claim to be special so maybe some special humour is what they are looking for . Every one likes a laugh and when you can laugh at yourself then you have arrived .

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They dont aim at islam in particular, everything is targeted. Only some movements take themselves more seriously than others. a reply to: ElectricFeel

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Who has ever made fun of Islam?

I would just say "thats not making fun of Islam".... see what I did there?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel

People make fun of Islam because Muslims live the way that a man in his 50's with a 6 year old wife from 1600 years ago tell them to.
But its fine,he didn't sleep with the 6 year old CHILD until she was 9!
That might be a start for you.

Beginnersguide on how to get quick stars on ATS: Step 1. Well played, enjoy your cheap stars.

That made me go back and star his post.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would have the opposite question: Why do adherents of Islam believe their religion is exempt from any sort of criticism?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

People make fun of Islam because Muslims live the way that a man in his 50's with a 6 year old wife from 1600 years ago tell them to.
But its fine,he didn't sleep with the 6 year old CHILD until she was 9!
That might be a start for you.

Beginnersguide on how to get quick stars on ATS: Step 1. Well played, enjoy your cheap stars.

That made me go back and star his post.
Thank you,have a star in return.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have a question too which has boggled me for some time. What is it with being Drama Queens ?.. is it written somewhere ? I just don´t get it

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

So as I was on youtube watching Islamic lectures, I came across this video where a muslim speaker asked himself this question:

"Why do people make fun of Islam?" He himself answered that question in a very thought provoking way. This lecture, which is definitetly worth watching basically tells us that muslims themselves should also look in mirror and that God's help will not come untill we (yes I'm muslim) change our own selves.

This video was a response to the Paris shooting, from 1:16 til 14:25 he explains how Islam doesn't justify the acts of terror that were committed in Paris.

From 14:25 till the end he answers his own question: " Why do people make fun Islam? ". I recommend you to watch the whole thing of course.

The beginning is a prayer in arabic, lecture starts at 1:16

Feel free to share your opinion based on the video above.

Really great post. Thank you.
This is who cnn should be playing but instead we support constantly spewing the hatred and all the psychos find a club to join after we advertise for them.

I am the first person to point out the barbarism found in most of the ME version of Islamic society. I also point out it won't be reformed if we allow the world's gov to donate billions in aid and weapons to states that have ancient barbaric laws. The reformers like this guy get his head cut off by the state and we support the state so..

Just look at the societal statistics of Iraq prior to 1991 first gulf. Or Syria before the civil war. Men and woman were some of the most educated and enrolled people in education in the world. Always had a dictator but most people had a much better life.

Then compare them to Saudia Arabia who the west supports.

We can blame ourselves in a way and who's version of society we consistently supported.

Hopefully Jordan doesn't fall. They are carrying the moderate Muslims in the ME on their backs.
edit on 24-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join