It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Felons Can't Vote & Why They Should

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why can convicted felons run for office if they can't vote? Because all politicians are crooks! Myself and my Vigilant Producer Alex Logan investigate the origins of felon voting rights, and why many states disenfranchise ex-convicts. Do you think felons should be allowed to vote? Sound off on Twitter @GovJVentura

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Man this sounds interesting, wish the OP had a little more meat since I'm not able to watch vids at the moment.

Any chance of some more info for us reader types?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What is even worse, is that when they set up political districts, the use the populations in prisons and jail, and those who can not vote, who have no say in the government. If we were to change anything, that would be one of the things to change, where those populations not allowed to vote, should not be included in determining the districts.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Well Jesse...threw yourself right under the bus there...Personally, I could care less who votes...it is all rigged.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
When your a felon good luck. Can't vote can't make money can't socialize normally. The worst part is it's socially acceptable. They are the underclass.

America is # culture.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
End the drug war and theoretically most felons to be wont be. Obviously though all that revenue would still keep the ghetto the ghetto etc etc

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura, a cog in the machine.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Why can convicted felons run for office if they can't vote? Because all politicians are crooks! Myself and my Vigilant Producer Alex Logan investigate the origins of felon voting rights, and why many states disenfranchise ex-convicts. Do you think felons should be allowed to vote? Sound off on Twitter @GovJVentura

If you're too dangerous to even vote, you're too dangerous to be out in public.

Any right suspended due to criminality should only be suspended while incarcerated. I don't recall hearing many stories about felons saying "Yeah I was going to shoot the rival drugdealer down the road, but I stopped when I remembered that I wasn't allowed to buy a gun..."

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It has been my opinion for many years, that if you are a non-violent felon, and have done your time. You get your rights back. ALL of them. It'll never happen of course, because our system prefers to punish felons perpetually. Is it any wonder many end up homeless or dead after their release?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Probably because the amount of people incarcerated in the USA could swing an election one way or the other would be my thinking.

Merry Christmas Jesse.

edit on 24-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I'm sorry but no. They should not be given the right to vote. Once you break the law you give up that right. If I were running any country and you broke a law you would lose all your rights but the human rights and that is just because I'm not insane. I'm not talking about stealing bread or small crimes like that I'm talking huge crimes, murder, rape, child abuse in all it's forms etc. small crimes isn't my concern but if you do the big stuff you should lose every right you have.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I am in total agreement with... People don't accidently do a violent crime, it's planned. Though there are many instances where you make a mistake and you are somewhat shunned for life.

I was 18 when I was with some people that vandalized a place... I got 2 felonies and 3 misdemeanors, plead guilty to a lesser charge and got off with 72hrs community service, damages and court cost totalling about $1500.

Was in county jail on my spring break my senior ur of highschool. I never did anything bad then, not prior in my life, never had detention or anything in school... I thought about taking my life because I thought it was over before it started...

I was never convicted which is important and I got everything expunged after 2yrs. It's been 13yrs now and I never forget what could have been my life from them on.

People end up getting caught in the system and it keeps you there. People need to have a way back to what they lost. I thought I lost it before I even realized what rights I truly had.

But violent convicted criminals should never be allowed to vote. You could make an argument that they changed.but there's something in them that made them violent in the first place. Unless they were truly defending themselves or family from a person trying to harm them.
edit on 24-12-2015 by GraffikPleasure because: Wrong word..changed my meaning

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don`t believe most convicted felons care whether they can vote or not,it`s difficult to believe that criminals are very civic minded to begin with.
sure, let them vote, as someone above has already posted, what difference will it make elections are rigged anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure
Yes. Punishing people for the rest of their lives for screwing up, or making a mistake is just insane. Yet that's what our system does. Even in the case of violence, I think cases should be reviewed independently, although stringently. I'm glad you had the chance to put you life back together, and in perspective. You've learned, moved on, and are a better person for it.

There are a lot of people in the prison system who don't belong there. But for some reason, the U.S. likes being number one in the world for the millions we have incarcerated. Surely we can lead the world in something more useful than putting people in prison and making war.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Maybe these criminals are on to something meaning they relies that a vote counts for less than nothing?

Money rules politics and the notion of democracy or the democratic process went the way of the dinosaur long, long ago. If this is not the case then why are retarded racist xenophobic nightmares such as Trump allowed to be put forward for the position of potus?

Should probably add that Mrs Murderer Hillary Clinton is no better, which kind of proves the point that a vote for these persons is simply a choice of the lesser of two evils.
edit on 24-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I'm sorry but no. They should not be given the right to vote. Once you break the law you give up that right. If I were running any country and you broke a law you would lose all your rights but the human rights and that is just because I'm not insane. I'm not talking about stealing bread or small crimes like that I'm talking huge crimes, murder, rape, child abuse in all it's forms etc. small crimes isn't my concern but if you do the big stuff you should lose every right you have.

You.. you do realize the people who should be recognized as the most dangerous criminals on earth work in Washington DC, don't you?

You're worried about a person being raped, well so am I, but I'm far more concerned about the entire populace of the US that has by definition been raped and continues to be.

That said: voting won't solve anything. Passed the point of no return, we have.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Man this sounds interesting, wish the OP had a little more meat since I'm not able to watch vids at the moment.

Any chance of some more info for us reader types?

Oh I am pretty sure you have been served the meat. After watching the last JV misleading video I am debating whether or not I want to watch this one.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Do you think felons should be allowed to vote?

Yep. They should.

They should have their OTHER constitutional rights restored one their debt to society has been paid.

Neither one should have to follow them around for the rest of their lives.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura

Felons can vote. Just not while incarcerated. At least that's how it is here in ohio.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

exoffenders.net...
edit on 24-12-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Yh I know the biggest criminals are in Washington and all that but I'm talking about people who are rapists, murderers etc. Sadly there is very little power that the legal system has over politicians when they are buying and twisting the laws to fit their own agenda. Nevertheless good point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join