It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays the race card

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
I now see how much the Obama haters hate facts.

Stating that some people do not like him as president due to his race is a fact and not playing the race card.

Those that don't like him because of his race ....well, THAT half of his race....are on the fringes. But, the fringes can be loud sometimes, so it seems like they are more than they are. Most of us that don't like him have more substantial reasons.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Welcome to the system designed to fail by segregation. Obama just needs to stop whining and do his job, seriously.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
I now see how much the Obama haters hate facts.

Stating that some people do not like him as president due to his race is a fact and not playing the race card.

Those that don't like him because of his race ....well, THAT half of his race....are on the fringes. But, the fringes can be loud sometimes, so it seems like they are more than they are. Most of us that don't like him have more substantial reasons.

yeah .... like the fact he is a traitor. Traded 5 terrorists for a deserter behind the back of Congress. Attempted to make the deserter out to be a hero. Emboldened ISIS, funded ISIS and armed ISIS.

Yeah ... those things.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Everybody is not racist, no. You might be, but lumping everyone into one category to because you feel a certain way about a particular group is disingenious to say the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

In his deck, that's the most dogeared and mangled card there is. He's played it since he was running the first time. I'd love to see him go, but I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: LSU0408

You're basing your argument over some videos you have viewed, I am guessing on the internet.

Who are you to tell someone else where they got information, or why they said what they did? Presume much?

The point I was trying to get across is that people voted against him purely because of the colour of his skin, not because of his policies, or something like that, just because he was black.

What a crock! People didn't not vote for him because he was black; they didn't vote for him because he wasn't the candidate they wanted. I didn't vote for him because he is pro-choice, and because we knew very little about him in any other regard. It's racist to claim that all who didn't vote for him didn't based on his skin color./quote]

At least the people who voted for him voted because they didn't want some old white privileged war monger in there anymore. And racism was still very much alive before Obama got in, it was almost a statement that a lot of people wanted to throw out there, that it is possible for someone who is African American to become president.

Again, what a crock! I had lack people tell me they knew a lot of blacks who were supporting him ONLY because he was black. I KNOW people personally, that told me I was racist if I didn't vote for him. Not black, either, in that case. Race wasn't an issue till he made it an issue. Unless you stand up and state that all who didn't support Alan Keyes are racists, you don't have a leg to stand on here.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

Is there even any evidence of this outside of hearsay? I've seen plenty that only voted because he's black (video evidence), including people like Samuel L. Jackson, but I've yet to see where anyone said they're voting against him because he's black.

Ever been to a Tea Party rally?

I have, and no one there mentioned race AT ALL. Not everyone there was white, either.

Care to try again?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: LSU0408

A lot were even asked what party he was and they didn't know...

That's just an outrageous lie to be honest because even as a Londoner I know you have to be registered with a party to vote.

No, you do NOT have to be registered with a party to vote in a general election here. In a primary, perhaps,w here the parties' candidates are chosen, but not in the main event. No party affiliation at all is needed. Voter registration does not, and never has, required that here. He didn't lie; he stated the facts for this country.

You're trying to tell me all those registered voters didn't know what party they were voting for?

Again, party affiliation isn't needed to vote. I saw videos of people being asked all sorts of questions about Obama, and it's true that many were clueless. Last election, someone asked Obama supporters how they felt about "his" policies, and then spoke of policies that were Romney's, and the Obama supporters claimed they agreed with "Obama policies" that were totally opposed to his stated ones. They really were that stupid. Registering to vote doesn't make one informed, sadly.

20 stars as well?
This place is a # hole at times.

Why, because you don't agree with the comment, and have some mistaken ideas about American elections?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join