It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays the race card

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Racism was in its death throes before Obama took over and started stirring it back up with the Cambridge professor incident that lead to the "beer summit" just months after he took office. He has been on that kick ever since, and destroyed years, if not decades, of advancements because of it.

He can't help it. Number one, he is a big narcissist and a huge whiner. He tries to disguise it with his articulate rhetoric, but it comes through loud and clear. We have gotten to know him for eight years now, and after a while, you realize he just has to blame everything on someone else, and the Big Bad White Guy is an easy target. He is incapable of blaming himself.

Number two, he spent years ingesting and digesting Black Liberation theology. That theology is deep-rooted in him and is part of who he is. It actually began before he even met Jeremiah Wright. Look at the woman he chose to be his wife. A more racist person you will never meet, imo.

He has always given me the feeling that he actually hates Americans for the most part, and wants to fundamentally transform our country into something else entirely and to do that, he has to start by weakening her and bringing her to her knees. He can't be gone soon enough, imo, so we can begin the healing process from all the psychological wounds this hateful man inflicted on our psyche as a country.

You are indeed...

The Queen of Words

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If people really think there is no one that hates him purely based on his skin color they are being willfully ignorant.

Sorry that he said something that is true, that racism exists still today.
Yes people voted him in, that doesn't prove that racism isn't real, just that luckily the majority of people in the nation don't succumb to it.

He continues to push towards separation of the races.

*rolls eyes*
If Obama is racist then Trump is twice the racist he is.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Can any of you prove that the scorn directed at Mr. Obama has not been based on the fact that he is African-American?

I'd be interested to see that evidence, and that train of logic.

As an aside, the eloquent yet simplistic denials that racism was non-existent in the US until Obama's election are utterly ludicrous; I'd love to see proof of that wild claim as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
that racism exists still today.

So your point is that everyone in America is racist so Obama is correct, and so is anyone who says the same thing, but I'm not sure how that plays into his horrid performance, or is it that if you do not agree with him then you are a racist?

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Can any of you prove that the scorn directed at Mr. Obama has not been based on the fact that he is African-American?

As an aside, the eloquent yet simplistic denials that racism was non-existent in the US until Obama's election are utterly ludicrous; I'd love to see proof of that wild claim as well.

Since you didn't specify "some of the scorn" and instead left it at "the scorn" sure, I'll take stab at it.

I can't stand any number of his policies. I can't stand any number of his ideas.

Because to me, they're stupid.

And they'd be just as stupid coming from anybody else, white, black, brown, or anything in between, as they are coming from him.

Or did you want hard data as to people's innermost thoughts, and have to rely on them to answer whether they're racist or not?

What an absurd request.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Can you prove that a lot of the scorn Obama has directed at the American people is not because of his own racism against white America that was solidified in Jeremiah Wright's Black Liberation Theology church?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

A lot were even asked what party he was and they didn't know...

That's just an outrageous lie to be honest because even as a Londoner I know you have to be registered with a party to vote.

You're trying to tell me all those registered voters didn't know what party they were voting for?

20 stars as well?
This place is a # hole at times.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Obama is a disgrace

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Dr. MLK also preached in a time when people with almost any colour was discriminated against, especially black people, who couldn't even eat in the same building as a white person.
Obama lives in a post MLK era, and racism is STILL quite evident, it's not his fault he was born black, his colour didn't vote him in, but the speculation still stands people who didn't vote for him, I can bet a big chunk didn't do so because of the colour of his skin.

And because of what you just wrote, there is also speculation that, at least the first time, a lot of people also voted for him specifically because of his skin color. You know, just to prove they weren't racist.

That argument works both ways.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In other words, you have nothing to go on except for your belief that it's race.

So if people don't like Obama, you think it's race. Therefore, that must be it.

Nice.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No, but perhaps the next person will be a little more astute than he is. Remember, the president is the head of 1/3 of the government. Changing him won't fix it all, no, but putting a competent person in charge there with a new policy direction would be a good start.

There have a been number of tone deaf moments to come out of this administration that have been bad not counting a bone-headed foreign policy.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Much of what he says regarding social issues, is correct.

In your opinion, and that's the rub. He opines on social issues as if what he says is FACT and not opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I didn't care until he did. Let's put it that way.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

Is there even any evidence of this outside of hearsay? I've seen plenty that only voted because he's black (video evidence), including people like Samuel L. Jackson, but I've yet to see where anyone said they're voting against him because he's black.

Ever been to a Tea Party rally?

I have and guess what?

I saw blacks, latinos and Asians there with all those racist white folks.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Some of you clearly don't read the Internet enough.
You're all stuck in some ATS bubble where it's only policies that result in derision.

He said "some of the scorn stems from racism"...

Anyone who can disagree with that and keep a straight face hasn't been paying attention to the entire Internet for the last 7 years.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Weren't you the one who went to a KKK rally to talk about gun rights?

Maybe you are confusing it with a TEA Party rally.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I thought that you didn't have to prove a negative. Isn't that what you atheists always say?

In this case, you are making the contention it's racism. Prove that it all is.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 21-12-2015 by PresidentCamacho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: LSU0408

A lot were even asked what party he was and they didn't know...

That's just an outrageous lie to be honest because even as a Londoner I know you have to be registered with a party to vote.

You're trying to tell me all those registered voters didn't know what party they were voting for?

20 stars as well?
This place is a # hole at times.

Ummm, no you don't.

I'm not registered with either party and I have voted in every presidential election, legally, since I attained the proper age.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Some of you clearly don't read the Internet enough.
You're all stuck in some ATS bubble where it's only policies that result in derision.

He said "some of the scorn stems from racism"...

Anyone who can disagree with that and keep a straight face hasn't been paying attention to the entire Internet for the last 7 years.

No, he said "the scorn." Not "some of."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join