It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama plays the race card

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: network dude

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

Is there even any evidence of this outside of hearsay? I've seen plenty that only voted because he's black (video evidence), including people like Samuel L. Jackson, but I've yet to see where anyone said they're voting against him because he's black.

Ever been to a Tea Party rally?

Have you? I've never heard them say they voted against him because he's black.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This is the largest factor Intro!!!!!!!

As bad as Obama and the Dems are, the Republicans still can't get their act together enough to take the WH.

It was down right embarrassing how the house could not even pretend to get along during the 'shutdown' fear.. I need to check, but Reagan and Carter both had many shutdowns, (but at least Congress were cordial)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Racism was in its death throes before Obama took over and started stirring it back up with the Cambridge professor incident that lead to the "beer summit" just months after he took office. He has been on that kick ever since, and destroyed years, if not decades, of advancements because of it.

He can't help it. Number one, he is a big narcissist and a huge whiner. He tries to disguise it with his articulate rhetoric, but it comes through loud and clear. We have gotten to know him for eight years now, and after a while, you realize he just has to blame everything on someone else, and the Big Bad White Guy is an easy target. He is incapable of blaming himself.

Number two, he spent years ingesting and digesting Black Liberation theology. That theology is deep-rooted in him and is part of who he is. It actually began before he even met Jeremiah Wright. Look at the woman he chose to be his wife. A more racist person you will never meet, imo.

He has always given me the feeling that he actually hates Americans for the most part, and wants to fundamentally transform our country into something else entirely and to do that, he has to start by weakening her and bringing her to her knees. He can't be gone soon enough, imo, so we can begin the healing process from all the psychological wounds this hateful man inflicted on our psyche as a country.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Actually... the reps need to remove trump and tell him to run as a democrat. THEN the Republicans might get th e white house. OR run split ticket by making a deal with hillary.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That's about how I see it. We were on a forward momentum swing, more educated opinions were being heard, less hatred. More of the old rhetoric was being denounced, but now, it's all back to animosity due to outward appearances. And it's equally as bad from both sides.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Agree 1,000%

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Obama plays the race card

When did he ever stop?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Not the first playing of the race card by Obama....but if im being honest, he is right. Its not like a majority....but there is a pretty decent swath of the nation that has a problem with his race.

The majority of Americans have a problem with him BECAUSE of his politics.

But apparently he was born a 'democrat'.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

President Obama said in a radio interview airing on Monday that Donald J. Trump, a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, is exploiting the resentment and anxieties of working-class men to boost his campaign. Mr. Obama also argued that some of the scorn directed at him personally stems from the fact that he is the first African-American to hold the White House.

And yeah people.

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Actually... the reps need to remove trump and tell him to run as a democrat. THEN the Republicans might get th e white house. OR run split ticket by making a deal with hillary.

Well, this may be the brightest thing that I have come across all day;

IMAGINE the toric !!!

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

That's really it, just no one wants to say it.
As for Obama playing the race card, I think he has every right to defend himself against what he sees is factionalisation in the Republican party, who would say Muslims out and, at the same time infer the Obama is Muslim, even if there is no such evidence. But, would Trump had said that had Obama actually be a Muslim? think about that, it only works if Obama, a President of the USA is not a Muslim, because Trump's spouting is just very tacky politics, no matter how simple sounding, the honest-to-God way he makes it.
Ian Paisley was like that, in reality, very dangerous.
And as for those being anti Obama just because he is black, I think there is little doubt, the only unknown is the extent of that.
However, the racists are there, they are free to march up and down the street, they are free to march up and down the street as overtly racist

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

not sure about majority of americans...but the majority of those who dislike him do so because of his politics.

That is the camp I am in. I don't like his politics. But am not sure he is even the worst president in the last 20 years.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That is the camp I am in. I don't like his politics. But am not sure he is even the worst president in the last 20 years.

He is the worst.

Hes Johnson,Carter,Clinton,W all rolled in to one big cluster frank.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Have you? I've never heard them say they voted against him because he's black.

Yes, I've attended many.

I stopped going because they were not actually discussing tax issues, which was the purpose behind the TP, they were talking about dirty Leftists and how Obama was a damned monkey.

Many in the TP are racist and voted against him because he's black. Probably just as many that voted for him because he's black.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wait.
Obama is Black?
I could have sworn he was Mulatto.
Alright then who was his mother?

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I bet if you go to a KKK rally, they sound a bit racist. Or perhaps a black Panthers' meeting, or Farrakan speech.

Point being, racism exists, but when you are the leader of the United States, some folks think you should rise above it.

What's that saying.....Oh yea.."Lead by example".
edit on 21-12-2015 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I bet if they went to a BLM rally they would sound racist.

But that's 'acceptable'.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah, Obama sucks, but no more than any of the presidents who came before him. The reason he's the most hated president has to do with his policies yeah, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of the hate comes from suppressed racism too. I'm white btw, just in case someone tries to say I'm defending him because I'm black.

I believe it has very little to do with race, and more with failed campaign promises, Failed ObamaCare, lies, contradictions, ridiculous executive orders, and spending 100's of millions on personal vacations for his family and friends.

The black issue is only something people can use to vent their frustrations on, so basically if he was a good leader then it wouldn't have mattered what color he was, because people would have seen accomplishments instead of lies, scams, and failures.

I remember when people were frustrated with Jimmy Carter and called him a Red Neck peanut farmer.

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

But you may well be right. Race may not have been a factor for those who voted for him. All the free stuff he promised probably was though.

None of which explains why he can pontificate that those who have a problem with him only have a problem with him because of his race and not because of his politics. The level of ego behind that kind of comment is mind boggling.

Maybe people didn't vote for him because they were republicans...lol

For me in 2008 I didn't vote for either. I know McCain personally and I do not like the guy, so no vote there, and with Barry I saw an extremely young Senator who never had a job outside of school other than "community organizer" (what the hell is that?) and he comes from like the most government corrupt state..hmm, no vote there, but when he got elected I did hope for the better.

In 2012 my fears were true in he spent 4 years trying to figure out his job while being so narcissistic he didn't take any advice and had a my way or the highway view. A lot of Americans were hurt and are still hurting. I voted for Romney not because he was some great white hope, but because he had a huge track record of success and comparing that to 4 years of failure and a track record of "community organizer" it was time for Barry to leave. America voted again and gave him 4 more years to fix his F-ups and he can't because he is black... America voted him in and so we deserve everything we get, so enjoy.

edit on 21-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I bet if you go to a KKK rally, they sound a bit racist. Or perhaps a black Panthers' meeting, or Farrakan speech.

Point being, racism exists, but when you are the leader of the United States, some folks think you should rise above it.

What's that saying.....Oh yea.."Lead by example".

What has Obama done that was racist?

Did I miss something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join