It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DDoS Attack on ATS Happening Now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
@$/ ;; ₩¥£¿

《》

|

€£¥₩

-whats happening-
edit on 20-12-2015 by breakingbs because: -

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Browsing ATS since 11:38 UTC+1, no problems here??

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

No problems on my end at all in the last few hours so it seems as if you guys did a damn fine job.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

edit on 2020151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hmm, what threads were posted in this time frame that might have caused such a reaction?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

It's not clear why we are a target. It might be related to Sandy Hook denial topics hitting again -- which was a verifiable cause a year ago -- or it could be part of a larger-scale attack on alternative news.

Does this mean that you think that the idea of SH being a hoax actually has merit?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Must be the fairy dust!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Might be a dumb question but what does DdOS stand for?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Distributed Denial Of Service

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
God, I remember the last one, awful few days, felt like I'd lost a friend. Well done SO and everyone , you seem to be doing a good job with that fairy dust.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HardBoiled

nevermind.

edit on 12/20/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: beansidhe

Must be the fairy dust!

I'll keep sprinkling it and hope it keeps these DDOS creeps away.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I haven't seen one thing.
edit on 20-12-2015 by breakingbs because: -

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
While it is certainly possible it is directly related to content on ATS it is just as likely caused by the same motivations I used to have in exploiting so many PBX's in a past version of me..

Trying to impress someone or a group, trying to make a ratio, learning something new-exploring or the ubiquitous, "because I was war dialing and hit ring back so I'm curious"

With how easy it is to launch a DDoS , any script kiddie can download a tool, it is surprising and really a testament to the IS side of ATS that we aren't down more..

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Im guessing its PHANTOM SQUAD practicing for their christmas attack and trying to make it so they can disrupt as many sites as possible for the week of christmas. I hate "script kiddies" because these arent real hackers,just arseholes. I also support the death penalty for such people,and im not talking a peaceful death. i d chop off their hands and let them bleed out. On Cable television no less. Sponsored by a japanese sword company.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I bet they are not thrilled with this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Wow at first I thought this was a topic from a few years ago that was being updated or something. I didn't know it was actually today. Those servers sure are holding up quite well.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Thanks, my imagination had me thinking it was Dumb*** Dip***** of Spam!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

@ Skeptic:
Starting at least a couple days ago I have had problems. When I do a reply to someone, I type out what I want to say and when hitting the reply button, under the reply box, My page freezes. I have to hit the refresh button at the top of the page. After that reloads the page, My reply does show up...

@ Kapusta:
I included You in this reply to Skeptic because You mentioned waiting to see if any others have had any Issues, and I wanted to be sure You saw My reply here to Him about My Issue...

I hope You both, and everyone else here at ATS has a good Day... Syx...

ETA: This one worked just fine. I should've mentioned that the Freeze did not happen every time. Maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 times it would Freeze...
(Perhaps the problem is on My end?)
edit on 20-12-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

Second ETA: I got this, (in quotes. There are also two greater than arrow's before the numbers, and two after them), when hitting the reply button just now: " 1 2 4 5 6 " A solid white dot was where the blank is. I had to click on the number two to see My reply here. This has happened quite a bit in the past, to Me here at ATS, where I will see this happen, with different numbers of course. Refreshing the page will not work to get Me to the correct page.. Temporary Glitch's? An Issue on My end?...

Third ETA. Just happened again... " 1 2 4 5 6 " I'm not going to keep posting these ETA's when it happens again... LOL!!! Later... Syx...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join