It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Legislators introduce the "Anything But Trump" Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is really going way to far and it will backfire on a lot of these folks. He DONATED the land to the state of NY. Now, they want to remove his name based on his use of free speech? I mean, we are still protected to speak our minds. They are requesting that the name of the park be changed. He donated 400 acres of land after a failed golf project was halted for environmental concerns.

Link

This is a prime example of why we need a lot of the politicians in office...out! Do you have nothing better to do with your time then make personal attacks against someone for your 2 1/2 minutes of fame?

The "Anything But Trump Act," introduced by State Sen. Dan Squadron (D-Brooklyn) and state Assembly Member Charles Lavine (D-Glen Gove) calls for New York officials to rename the Donald J. Trump State Park in Westchester and Putnam counties to punish the GOP candidate for his hateful rhetoric.

Seems it was never completed either so why is this even an issue with politicians? This is again a waste of time so that they can get a few pats on the back for standing up to a billionaire while they line their own pockets for pet projects.
edit on 12am31amf0000002015-12-18T10:29:05-06:001005 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And Trumps poll numbers will go even higher as a result.

Love him or hate him, the more this guy gets attacked, the more people support him.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think it is mind boggling that people actually think Hillary or Bernie are better candidates.

It's like we are trying to find the least stinky turd.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
GEAUX TRUMP!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Pettiness at it's finest, I'll remember this the next time someone says Democrats don't do petty like the Republicans do.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
New York Legislators introduce the "Anything But Trump" Act

Well they did say anything.

I nominate the Seig Heil Act.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Idiots. May they slip on black ice and be truly butthurt for the holidays.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What is wrong with the leadership of the country?

Leaders acting like school kids at recess...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm guessing most of them were out there mugging for the cameras when the park was announced

Trifilin' little whiners

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And Trumps poll numbers will go even higher as a result.

Love him or hate him, the more this guy gets attacked, the more people support him.

Well when the Election time comes around and more than the staunch supporters for the candidates start participating. I feel the polls will change dramatically for all candidates on both sides of the aisle. Polls mean absolutely nothing at this point in the game.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This is the exact kind of fascism they're fighting against, and the exact reason why Trump is so popular in the first place. People are tired of PC bull****. I don't support trump in any other sense than I hope he wins so that they'll have a taste with what the rest of us have been dealing with.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho
I think it is mind boggling that people actually think Hillary or Bernie are better candidates.

I don't understand the Hillary supporters either. Bernie on the other hand clearly states his plans and how he is going to execute them. That's something none of the other candidates are doing at the moment. He isn't in the elite's pocket. He genuinely cares about the American people and not Big Business. Doesn't like war, has a history as a human rights advocate, wants to rebuild America and not countries we've bombed to name a couple.

Any other candidates I should be looking into?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho

Double Post
edit on 18-12-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I nominate the Seig Heil Act.

i dont find that at all surprising actually

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

trump is going to find it awfully hard to break the 45% mark among republicans
the chances of him getting any significant number of independents or democrats as virtually non-existent

his supporters are certainly loud but that doesnt even come close to indicating they are a majority or know wtf theyre talking about
based on the extreme rhetoric he has used its going to be easy enough for him to keep what hes got already but growing that base is going to be next to impossible

if he gets the nomination the gop just handed the election to the democrats
if he runs independent and splits the republican vote he just handed the election to the democrats
if he drops out and they run someone more moderate and realistic they could actually have a shot a it

i really dont think the gop wants the white house right now though....
too easy to blame everything on their opposition and there is absolutely no chance at all that they could right the wrongs that they have helped cause in such a short time....
in fact with public opinion of the republican party being what it is if they actually got the presidency and things got worse (which looks likely from a financial perspective no matter who gets it) the already splintering party would likely dissolve entirely
edit on 18-12-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What is wrong with the leadership of the country?

Leaders acting like school kids at recess...

Our Leaders are stupid.

Trump....Says it every day.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

he says it while trying to get elected biggest stupidest leader
what a complete and total loser
trump should buy a clue
edit on 18-12-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You're reply is unreadable.

It's like you have an electronic crayon.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

OP, why should this surprise you?

Just look at all the Civil War memorials that are being removed / renamed.

It's how America, the land of the free the land of PC, works in today's world.

Just go with it. So many have so far, as they'd rather get rid of that pesky 1st amendment, and whole constitution thing...you know...because it's so much better to let the government decide everything for you...what you can say, what you can eat....soon, what you can wear, where you can live......I'm sure soon they'll decide what you can do with your life for you too!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the officials in office reflect the IQ of the average American. because they were voted in place. all of them.

and the next US president will reflect just that again. and some 3 years later people will be on online forums complaining about how president "X" ruined the country as they are readying to vote for the next knuckle head.
edit on 18-12-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join