It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Cheese Edits of the Star Wars Prequel Films (Episodes I-III)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think this is pretty awesome. This guy has shaved off most, if not all, of the goofy stuff from the Star Wars prequel films. I'm worried these will disappear once the lawyers from the House of Mouse catch wind of these, so be sure to SaveDeo and grab them while you can!

Intrepid Youtuber JeremyMWest-Esquire has gone through and re-edited the entire prequel trilogy, taking out all the dumb bits: scrambling up crappy dialogue from the Neimoidians and Jar Jar Binks, and so forth. The result is a movie that’s actually watchable.

Include These Anti-Cheese Star Wars Prequels While You Prepare For The Force Awakens - io9, Dec. 13, 2015.

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Revenge of the Sith

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Nice find, Kid! So, did he edit Jar Jar out entirely?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, but here's a brief synopsis of his edits. I kind of pruned it down for here, but these come from the info posted with the videos on YouTube and the full info can be seen there.

The Phantom Menace

- Nemoidian and Gungan voices are re-vocalized with alien dialect and subtitled.
- Jar Jar is now a useful character instead of an annoying tag-along
- Nemoidians are much more devious and less cowardly
- Queen Amidala's voice is pitch-shifted back to her normal pitch. (Still could not remove her horrible British accent)
- Midichlorian references removed
- Anakin immaculate conception removed
- All fart and poop jokes removed
- Anakin is edited to be a more deliberate hero instead of an accidental one.
- Removed the entire sequence of trying to capture the Viceroy at the end.

Attack of the Clones

So, Anakin and Padme's scenes were drastically edited to make Anakin way less whiny and petulant, and most of the cringe-worthy dialog was removed. Jar-Jar's voice as well as the voice of the Neimodians were either removed or replaced. Several scenes were removed entirely, most notably Anakin's breakdown in the shop at the Lars homestead after killing the sandpeople, and R2 and C3PO are removed entirely from the ending battle in the droid factory and the arena.

Revenge of the Sith

- Most of the childish dialog from the battle droids on Grevious' ship at the beginning is out.
- Dooku's unnecessary flip off the balcony-gone.
- Removed the incredibly awkward balcony scene of Anakin and Padme saying they're so in love because they're so beautiful because they're so in love. Good grief.
- Midichlorian reference is gone
- Sidious' cork-screw jumping attack is gone, and frankly he's scarier without it. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the other Jedi with Mace fight any better than they did. They Lightsaber about as good as Stormtroopers shoot.
- Padme's embarrassing line about liberty dying to thunderous applause is out.
- Padme dying because she lost the will to live is dumb and gone. She just dies because Anakin kills her, OK!?!
- Vader screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!"
- Jar Jar is removed from Padme's funeral just because.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ha ha! I'm currently working on my own fanedit of the originals. I'm working on A New Hope right now, from the Blu-Ray version, and I can tell Lucasarts botched the whole thing, lol. But as I was beginning work on ANH, I also began working on the prequels, to change my mind, to remove all the stupidity and, well, pretty much what I see JeremyMWest did.

That tells me people, fans I mean, see the same sh*t in the prequels. It's sad in a way. But at least, we live in a time where one can do its own version at home.

If studios executives were any smarts at all, they would organize events where fanedits of a movie would compete against one another. T'would make lots of cash, I'm sure. And we would see ordinary movies flare up like chef-d'oeuvre at times...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

There was, if I'm remembering correctly, that around the time they released the films on Blu-ray, another fan edit that was floating around or in the works. I think it was called something along the lines of "The De-special Editioning Edit" or something similar. I remember seeing some side-by-side stills from it compared to the Blu-ray version and they were far superior. I'm on mobile right now, but when I get back on a real terminal I'll try and find out what became of that.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thanks! That would be nice.

I was inspired by Adywan's fanedit. His work was the first I had heard of fanedits, and the concept blew my mind.
It was when I was working on a french version of his take that I began noticing very irritating problems with some scenes. So I began correcting them, had to learn 3D and After Effects, etc. It was hard at first. but now I got the hang of it and am close to presenting my work.

I didn't try to put the movie as it was, but as it should have been. For instance, there are now blinking and lips moving aliens in the cantina.
I've reworked the final battle between Vador and Kenobi, and now they fight like force empowered Jedis. The list is pretty long... Haha.

I'll comment also when I've watched the Anti-cheese edits, and about them...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I watched The Phantom menace, and there are still a few things I would have removed. "Houtini!" yelled by a Jawa was nice in ANH. I could have done without it for this one. Same as the yell from the sand people during the pod race. Already heard... sigh, lol.

I thought some transitions were rough at times, but overall it was nicely done.

I liked the idea of the subtitles with an alien voice over Jar-Jar's original, like when listening to a Hut. It allowed for the movie to take on a more serious note, leaving JJ's (hihi) lame jokes behind.

Oh, btw, I hate how Lucasarts made C3PO unstabble when walking because A) he is new and like a baby, is still learning how to walk? or B) since he hasn't his outer casing put on yet, it makes him more fragile when his internal mechanics have nothing to do with it?... lol

Will still watch the other 2 movies.

top topics

join