It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horray! I finally signed up!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Found out about this board not to long ago. Thought what the heck I'll sign up and participate in discussions.

Also I been poking around a bit and cannot figured out how to make a avatar? can anyone help me?

Thanks ats

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phibes

Welcome.

This thread is the best one for avatar creations.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Thanks i will give it a looksie!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No problem. Someone usually comes along right about now and offers the new people cookies.

Don't eat them.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hello and welcome old bean.

edit on 9/12/15 by EnigmaAgent because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You are not the abominable one are you???

Hope you have good textual times here.

I love those Vincent Price Dr Phibes movies. I hope as a member you prove to be just as fiendish as he, lol. Fiendish is very arousing to say the least, haha!

All the best!
(sorry I am on a natural high, feelin' groovy kind of mood, no reason, just because)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Again thanks, after looking at how to it looks kinda complicated. Lot's of reading and experimenting to do then. lol actually cookies kinda sound good right now.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9
Yes i am a big Vincent fan. And yes I kinda want to do a phibes avatar too. he eh

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes i am a big Vincent fan. And yes I kinda want to do a phibes avatar too. he eh

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS

We create avatars for free, so if you want one made for you CLICK HERE and just ask, tell them Cody sent you and you'll be in good hands.

See you around the boards and remember to have fun as well

Cody

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thought what the heck I'll sign up and participate in discussions.

Once in a while, say, what the heck?

What the heck brings freedom.

Freedom brings opportunity.

Opportunity makes your future.

--(Paraphrased) Miles, from Risky Business.

Welcome to your future.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phibes
Great!

Double triple quadruple WELCOME!

I like those old movies so much. Vincent Price absolutely amazing actor. I love him doing Poe, too. Edward Scissorhands, absolute star.

I have an audiobook of him reading many of Edgar Allen Poe's short stories. He was made for the genre in which he used all his talent and made his fame.

I hope someone can do you a deserving avatar.

Very best wishes to you and your people, OP!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Welcome, I have cookies

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Someone might be around with some coffee and cookies to share. They do taste a little like monitor if you try to eat them though.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi Phibes, welcome!

I see that you still don't have an avatar. I thought navigating this site was a smidge tricky so I'm going to give you some clues. At the top of the site there is a bar of links, and to the right there is a clock looking thing and to the left of that there is a down arrow, a v. Click on that. Then there's an upload and profile link. Both of these should help?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
Hi Phibes, welcome!

I see that you still don't have an avatar. I thought navigating this site was a smidge tricky so I'm going to give you some clues. At the top of the site there is a bar of links, and to the right there is a clock looking thing and to the left of that there is a down arrow, a v. Click on that. Then there's an upload and profile link. Both of these should help?
Thanks, I am still trying to work it out.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.

Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.

or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif

At the top of the main page, click on the small arrow (highlighted below) to reveal a drop down menu.

Select ‘upload’ (shown above) and it will go to this page;

You now need to upload your invisible gif to the site. Click the upload feature in the top left of the page to bring up this window;

Click on select files, and select the image from your computer.

IMPORTANT: To get the image to upload, you must then click the upload icon to activate it.

Once you have activated it, the picture will upload below the icon, and say 100% when it is finished. The images box will then close.

Locate and click on the invisible avatar picture. It should be at the top left, as it will be your newest upload. Then click on the small man icon as shown below to set it as your avatar.

Alternatively, if you wish to use the invisible gif code already posted, simply select the same drop down bar and select ‘account’ to the left (shown below). Then copy and paste the code into the ‘your avatar’ space as shown. Remember to remove the space between the h and the t at the beginning or the code will not work.

Now you need to place your background. Select and upload the image of your choosing by following the same steps above for avatar pictures above. Bring up the toolbar from the drop down arrow, and select ‘upload.’
Select the file from your computer, and then click on the cloud icon to begin the upload.
Once this is finished, click on the newly uploaded picture and select the small window icon (shown below) to set the image as your background.

You should now have a full length background with an invisible window in front.

Cody

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I still cant figure out how to make it long like your avatar?

I want to use this pic but i do not understand the sizing?

edit on 12 9 2015 by Phibes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Here we go my friend

Between the lines is an invisible gif, you can't see it but trust me it's there

------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

Upload it as your AVATAR

Then upload the image you want seen as your MINI PROFILE IMAGE

It's backwards but it works

Cody

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM