It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
Right now the left has pushed so hardd over the pass years that the conservative right it finally reacting. Most of us aren't that far right as we look, but are pushing back on what we see as a hard left swing in this country. In the end hopefully we can swing back to a place somewhere in the middle.

But the left in the US hasn't done that. Obama is further to the right than Reagan in how he has governed. Our so called left is further right than what the extreme right used to be.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlordTrump lied about being from Germany, so..... Besides, the people's votes don't matter. That was PROVEN, when George Dubya Jr. was appointed Commander in Chief and not elected, by the people. Trump is nothing more than a dog-and-pony show.

I still believe Obama is there to stay. Maybe, i'm wrong, but i think they'll come up with some kind of "false flag" op, which cancels the elections. Of course, no one will be upset because they'll have us "united", and ready to fight the boogie man, again.

Think about this, for a minute: 911 was allegedly done by Muslims and, 8 years later, a Muslim is POTUS? Now, we have the refugee crisis and cries for Muslims to be put in a database or denied entry into the US. Oh, and let's not forget the San Bernardino shooting spree, pulled off by "Muslim extremists".

Also, ponder this: They've deleted the "under God" phrase from the Pledge of Allegiance . They've taken down statues of the Ten Commandments. They're screaming for "Christmas" to be changed to "Holiday". But, they don't mind celebrating Hanukkah, all on tv. I mean, if people can't see that the nation is under a spiritual transformation, well...

My guess is that 911 was a way of stealing America's wealth, before giving it over to Muslim nations. That's why Obama is POTUS and that's why he's not leaving office. They're working the loophole, in the Constitution, to make that happen.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Donald Trump loves displaying that rare skillful technique of being able to bury oneself... Everyone was right, it was only a matter of time until even Trump would say something so "out there" he'd get a lot of his own party turning on him... It was inevitable
edit on 9-12-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Right now the left has pushed so hardd over the pass years that the conservative right it finally reacting. Most of us aren't that far right as we look, but are pushing back on what we see as a hard left swing in this country. In the end hopefully we can swing back to a place somewhere in the middle.

But the left in the US hasn't done that. Obama is further to the right than Reagan in how he has governed. Our so called left is further right than what the extreme right used to be.

What color is the sky in your world?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
People are becoming more aware of politicians lies. Trump appears as someone who speaks his mind. Hes defintly not afraid to be an ahole and the anti PC environment is going to slowly gear towards him. If its between him and hillary, i think hes got it. He just has electoral college votes to worry about.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Donald Trump loves displaying that rare skillful technique of being able to bury oneself... Everyone was right, it was only a matter of time until even Trump would say something so "out there" he'd get a lot of his own party turning on him... It was inevitable

What are talking about ?

His poll numbers will go up.

Trump supporters just say "Oh that's Donald".

He could take a dump on the Constitution on the White House lawn.

He would be up 3 points in the morning.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I think this recent Muslim comment/stance could be his ultimate doom... I loosely agreed with a couple of his stances, but he went far off the reservation here....

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
DP
edit on 9-12-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I believe most people are at this point and why they gravitate towards Trump:

Paul-Henri Spaak (1899 - 1972) was a former Belgian Prime Minister and one of the principal architects of what has, since its origins, now become the European Union. His words are chillingly 'prophetic' regarding the current meltdown in the Eurozone.

"We do not want another committee, we have too many already. What we want is a man of sufficient stature to hold the allegiance of all people, and to lift us out of the economic morass into which we are sinking.

Send us such a man, and be he god or devil, we will receive him.
"

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Would he actually know how to run a Country?

How are his Political skills?

His Social skills?

I get what he's trying to say... that not all 'Muslims' are good people but I think he will have trouble trying to implement his strategies!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Exactly.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, the American voter will see through it.

Dealmaker. The sort of dealmaking he seems to represent brought Germany and Italy catastrophe less than a decade later.

We really need to contemplate on that...

Donald Trump's Muslim Import-Suspension is 100% Constitutional:

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens:

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: whyamIhere

I think this recent Muslim comment/stance could be his ultimate doom... I loosely agreed with a couple of his stances, but he went far off the reservation here....

Donald Trump's Muslim Import-Suspension is 100% Constitutional:

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens:

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

well there you go. Lets do it man, I am all for a temporary moratorium on ALL immigrants. Even Europeans from allied nations, Australians, # it even Canadians.

This country needs a short period of border closure to help figure things out anyways. My grandma in Colombia can wait to come back, im sure she would not mind the extended stay with our other relatives there anyways.

No, I am not being sarcastic. I am a full blown admitted imperialist and we need to get our part of the empire in check.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

well there you go. Lets do it man, I am all for a temporary moratorium on ALL immigrants. Even Europeans from allied nations, Australians, # it even Canadians.

This country needs a short period of border closure to help figure things out anyways. My grandma in Colombia can wait to come back, im sure she would not mind the extended stay with our other relatives there anyways.

No, I am not being sarcastic. I am a full blown admitted imperialist and we need to get our part of the empire in check.

The power of that law gives the President the selective ability to limit certain classes of aliens wanting entry. He can also give waivers to those they know are of no risk to national security. So Grandma can come and go as she always does and so can other lawful people deemed no risk. But those with no records, and no addresses, who cannot be verified and vetted with certainty would be excluded from coming to America for the public safety.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

oh ok. I just remembered Grandma is a naturalized citizen as of like 1992 anyways, so my bad grandma.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Trump lost me with his comments about veterans and especially the comment about McCain as a POW. "I like the ones who didn't get caught". As a veteran that really turned me off. But one cannot dismiss the fact that he has captured the imagination of many people. I do not doubt his love of this country but I am skeptical about his overall intentions when it comes to this campaign. I watched the History Channel documentary on Trump and it became clear that he enjoys feeding his ego; that he sets his sights on a goal, does everything he can to achieve it, and once he does he moves on. The point was made that he is good at building things but then the actual business, when it is out of his core competency, fails and bankruptcy has followed. That troubles me.

But what I really want to see from him right now if I am to change my mind (since none of the other candidates excite me) is a Presidential speech. What we always see is him rambling on, making fun of the other candidates, being melodramatic and flamboyant, as well as entertaining. That is one thing for the campaign but what about when he has to address the UN? What about the State of the Union Addresses or speeches to joint sessions of congress during times of crisis? Or speeches to foreign countries? Don't get me wrong, I would rather have what he is doing than the infamous Obama apology tour right after his first election where he went to the Middle East and Europe and apologized for the arrogance of the U.S. in the past. However, I have to see something Presidential out of him.

The very fact that he is doing so well in the polls should be sending a strong message to Washington DC that voters are fed up with business as usual. Fed up with promises made but not kept. Fed up with scandal and political correctness trumping every other common sense measure. Personally, I am so fed up with political correctness that it makes me physically sick to see what the hell is coming out of our colleges and universities. But political leaders better wake up.

It reminds me of a high jumper back in the sixties who decided to try to fosbury flop (which for all of you younger than 50 is how high jumpers do it today. But back then it was something called the scissors kick. When the high jumper went to a meet without his coach, tried the new method invented by Olympian Dick Fosbury and won, he returned to practice and his coach asked him how he won. He demonstrated how he did it and the coach saw this new way and said, "No son, you have it all wrong, you don't jump that way, you used the scissors kick".

Success should be achieved no matter how we get there. Politicians are seeing Trump and instead of adapting to the desires of the scores of people who are rooting him on because of his method (the fosbury flop in my analogy) they are waiting for him to fail so they can go back to the scissors kick. It is a sad commentary about who is in charge. The voters should be but congress views itself as Too Big To Fail and are ignoring what it right in front of them.

If, God forbid, Hillary ends up winning we will be a very changed country in four years. There will be routine attacks on the people of this country in shopping malls, coffee shops, buses, and sporting events. They will become commonplace, so much so that unless it is happening in our own neighborhoods, we will barely pay attention. She will be focused on the notion that the islamic extremists are attacking because they are worried about the climate and jobs. And that will be where she places her efforts, thinking that if we submit we will all live in peace. When Obama was elected I told my friends that he was naive in foreign affairs and I have been proven correct painfully too many times. Hillary, even though she was Secretary of State, falls into the same category. No foreign diplomat or head of state even likes her, let alone trusts her. She has built her reputation on rhetoric and has never shown any sign of having a special ability to resolve global problems.

I am not sure who I am supporting yet but the choices are scant. Senators, historically make pretty bad Presidents since they have never led anything. At least JFK was a Naval Officer and had leadership experience. But the most successful Presidents have been former Governors with a track record. Congress is made up of ideas people and I can tell you in the leadership world, when you get the label of being an "Ideas Person", well...it is not a compliment.
edit on 9-12-2015 by icewater because: didn't finish my thought in one paragraph.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz

his strategy is brilliant

I disagree. He has all but lost any chance at the Presidency with such rhetoric. What is worse is that he has now alienated half of America, which will affect him as a businessman for years to come. This moron shot himself in the foot, that's brilliant?

Only possibly, and only possibly because people are SOOOO IGNORANT. You can feel the desperation in the media how they're making such a big deal of the idea to temporarily pause immigration. He said it was a temporary thing, so we can improve the vetting process. Also the US has done the same thing on multiple occasions in its history. The media wants you to think he's some modern day Hitler because of it. To me it comes across as the Dems being okay with risking Americans lives unnecessarily to score some perceived political points? Why wouldn't you pause immigration when the head of the FBI and other people in the know say we can't vet them well enough? You know, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The press using a photo of a wave as a Nazi salute shows how pathetic, stupid and moronic the media really are. Forget Trump, the real enemy are the media morons. Their level of low and dirty reporting is makes reveals them as a layer or two below the scum that usually floats on the surface....Have I offended them enough yet...not sure. But if I go on further I'll be lowering myself to their level and I don't intend going that low.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes I said retaliations. The current PC crowd uses some of the same tactics they originally complained about. If you run afoul of these groups you are demonized, ostracized and harassed until you copulate or are legaly forced.

And then the anti-PC people are just using the same tactics that the PC people are using that they got from the anti-PC people...

And around and around it goes.
edit on 9-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes I said retaliations. The current PC crowd uses some of the same tactics they originally complained about. If you run afoul of these groups you are demonized, ostracized and harassed until you copulate or are legaly forced.

And then the anti-PC people are just using the same tactics that the PC people are using that they got from the anti-PC people...

And around and around it goes.

The current Administration has pushed their agenda so far down our throats.

As someone else said "The pendulum is swinging back the other way".

And, it's coming back real fast and Trump is the engineer of the Crazy Train.

Interesting times indeed...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join