It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A quick look at the active topics on ATS over the past 12 hours shows "Donal Trump" in the thread title 15 times, and Trump or his policies as the dominant subject matter another 12 times. He certainly has your attention, doesn't he? Regardless of what I think about him and his apparent policies, his strategy is brilliant; you're talking about him, a lot. What else could a hopeful politician wish for?

I said "apparent policies" didn't I? Yeah, I did.

I think he's of the mind now of, "screw-it, I'm leading the polls." If he wasn't consistently leading the polls, the nonsense coming out of his mouth would be very different.

Never forget Trump's most bombastic, and reasonably provable claim, he's an expert deal-maker. I firmly believe he's saying whatever he believes is necessary to "make a deal" with the populace to become the Republican nominee. The GOP is renouncing his crap left and right, but the audience cheers and applauds.

Once he gets his nomination, a new "deal" will be offered with more refined rhetoric in order to convince the populace.

That's the way he thinks. That's they way he's running the campaign. That's why he says what he says. And that's why he's got everyone talking about him: it's free advertising.

Trump is Winston Zeddemore: "If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe whatever you want." Right now, he thinks the populace wants him to believe some epic crazy. Who's fault is that?

Edit to add something I forgot...

And with Trump being compared to Nazis, this is showing up in news stories about him all over the web today:

Criticism from the press is what fuels his base.
edit on 8-12-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Exactly.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, the American voter will see through it.

Dealmaker. The sort of dealmaking he seems to represent brought Germany and Italy catastrophe less than a decade later.

We really need to contemplate on that...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Never forget Trump's most bombastic, and reasonably provable claim, he's an expert deal-maker. I firmly believe he's saying whatever he believes is necessary to "make a deal" with the populace to become the Republican nominee. The GOP is renouncing his crap left and right, but the audience cheers and applauds.

Once he gets his nomination, a new "deal" will be offered with more refined rhetoric in order to convince the populace.

That's the way he thinks. That's they way he's running the campaign. That's why he says what he says. And that's why he's got everyone talking about him: it's free advertising.

I'm guessing you've read his book.
edit on 8-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

his strategy is brilliant

I disagree. He has all but lost any chance at the Presidency with such rhetoric. What is worse is that he has now alienated half of America, which will affect him as a businessman for years to come. This moron shot himself in the foot, that's brilliant?

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Trump doesn't scare me as much as those that are now supporting him. I seriously doubt he's really some racist bigot. He is, as you said, saying whatever the people want to hear.

And that, right there, is frightening.

It used to be unacceptable to be racially biased, bigoted and xenophobic. You would get ostracized and called out for it in a heartbeat. Now? With Trump on stages nation-wide, people aren't as afraid to let their inner prejudices fly. It's now becoming more and more acceptable to point fingers at ethnic/cultural groups and paint with broad brushes.

The scariest thing? These people have probably always felt this way, they just needed someone famous to say it first so they could feel safe in repeating it.
edit on 8-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I have heard Donald Trump hates kittens and wants to end school lunches.

He is a very bad man (or are we all just falling for the ramped up Republican narrative to knock him down and keep a mainstream candidate as the nominee).

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't really care about Trump but I found it interesting that the reversal of the Huffington Post decision to only cover his campaign as entertainment to now taking him seriously. It was probably a misstep on their part to not take him seriously to begin with.

link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

He only needs fifty percent, or there'bouts, to waltz into the WH.

link   
a reply to: seagull

Do you know the actual history of WWII?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I disagree. He has all but lost any chance at the Presidency with such rhetoric. What is worse is that he has now alienated half of America, which will affect him as a businessman for years to come. This moron shot himself in the foot, that's brilliant?

Well you're half right

He's a moron

Shooting himself in the foot would be a bonus, I'm so appalled by our choices this time around I may exercise my right to abstain from the polls.

Garbage in, garbage out.
edit on 8-12-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

7 years of a President who did nothing but divide the country and you are worried NOW about divisive rhetoric? Not for nothing, but 50% of the country has been alienated the past 50 years. Just depends on the party in power and it's followers. The 2 party system is designed to do exactly what you are complaining about! But one is evil and the other isn't?
They both suck, and they both owe allegiance and favors to the lobbyists and corporations that give them money! They throw us scraps and lies, so we can lull back to sleep until the next time one base is pissed off by the other or both...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

He is a very bad man

that can probably be said about most who run for office. Many just hide it rather well.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

Well lets see...

Germany was an economic mess after WWI. There was very little hope and pride in the Germans hearts. I've read people had to use wheel barrows full of money for bread. Perfect weather for a charismatic speaker to say all the right things to a desperate people looking to become "great" again.

All you have to do:

-promise to restore pride/greatness

-find an enemy

-focus the blame/hate on said enemy

There's an old Bob Dylan lyric...

When you've got nothin' ... you've got nothin' to loose...

Well, a lot of people have nothing right now and desperately want something. They miss feeling as if they were part of the greatest nation on Earth. They honestly feel as if America has failed them, and they're looking to the man with the megaphone with the answers.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Trump doesn't scare me as much as those that are now supporting him. I seriously doubt he's really some racist bigot. He is, as you said, saying whatever the people want to hear.

And that, right there, is frightening.

It used to be unacceptable to be racially biased, bigoted and xenophobic. You would get ostracized and called out for it in a heartbeat. Now? With Trump on stages nation-wide, people aren't as afraid to let their inner prejudices fly. It's now becoming more and more acceptable to point fingers at ethnic/cultural groups and paint with broad brushes.

The scariest thing? These people have probably always felt this way, they just needed someone famous to say it first so they could feel safe in repeating it.

I am an independent who considers the two party system one of the biggest cons in history, but do you really think that is what he is pushing?

Many consider the BLM movement to be racist, but it is currently considered acceptable.

How can you be racist towards Muslims? It's a religion, not a race.

I think what you should consider here is why the MSM is attacking him 24/7. When you realize that 90% of the media is controlled by 6 corporations, maybe there is something else going on.

Again, not a trump fan, but as someone on the outside looking in it seems as though the current cabal is worried about a trump presidency.

Maybe you should be more worried about the candidates the media loves.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I just can't begin to imagine that man as the POTUS.
Does he have stock options on the Gatorade company ?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

He's a moron

I don't think he is a moron. Trump is for Trump but he can make people feel he is sharing with them. I really doubt whether Trump or not, the new president will do much for the average person.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Obama didn't divide the country...the GOP made up their minds before he even was sworn in they'd oppose him at every turn.

a private dinner of House Republicans on inauguration day in 2009 in which they plotted a campaign of obstruction against newly installed president Barack Obama.

During a lengthy discussion, the senior GOP members worked out a plan to repeatedly block Obama over the coming four years to try to ensure he would not be re-elected.

The Guardian

The GOP made it their mission to go to extremes to oppose Obama and pass that along to their voting base. The GOP/Republican party is just as responsible for the polarization we see today in America as Obama and the Democrats, maybe even more so.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Half of the electorate are virtual morons.
You would be surprised what they would elect.
But not if you look at history... Obama twice, GW Bush twice, yeah.... they'really morons. ( autocorrect did that they'really , but it fits, so I'may leaving it.)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What is amusing to me is watching the PEOPLE, not Trump himself. You said it right, ANYTHING he says, good or bad, and there is a dozen threads here about it.

Elections are a long way away, lots of time for sheople to forget all the bad stuff he said, and you will.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Donald Trump or not... that is the least of the US citizens worries...

Fix the system, throw out the puppets.. and try again to rebuilt the country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join