It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three mosques shut down in anti-terror raids as officers seize 330 war weapons - France

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Surprised this has not popped up on ATS yet, but it seems it is being kept on the down low in the MSM right now as it happened a few days ago and is not being widely reported.

POLICE investigating the Paris terror attacks have shut down three mosques in a series of raids to close the net on Islamic extremists.

Police in France also arrested the owner of a revolver found during Wednesday's raid, France's Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.

Security officials found jihadist documents at the mosque where yesterday's raids took place.

They have placed nine people under house arrest. Another 22 have been banned from leaving the country Mr Cazeneuve said.

France has been under a state of emergency since 130 people were killed in a series of terror attacks in Paris on November 13. Since then, some 2,235 homes and buildings have been raided, 232 people taken into custody, and 334 weapons confiscated.

Cazeneuve said the number of weapons apprehended so far is staggering.

He said: "In 15 days we have seized one-third of the quantity of war-grade weapons that are normally seized in a year."

Source

So in 15 days and only 3 mosques, they found 1/3 the qty of "war-grade" weapons than normally seized in one year. There are over 2300 mosques in France, and while these 3 represent only a fraction, they held what seems to be a lot of weapons and documents related to jihadist activity.

Anywho....for a religion of peace, why are the mosques themselves housing any weapons I wonder?

Just some food for thought for those that continue to state Islam is peaceful....and wondering still why this has not made headlines....agenda driven maybe?

Either way..glad they caught them.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Nah can't be true that would make Trump look a lot smarter than the other candidates!

+39 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I bet it is the same here in the US, too. They are building an army right here under our politically correct noses, and recruiting muslim US citizens, bringing others in as "refugees", swarming hordes of illegals coming across our southern border include ME'ers, and storing weapons in mosques of "the religion of peace".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Surprised this has not popped up on ATS yet

It has...

And yes, I agree with you that this will not get the coverage that it should considering what else we are being bombarded with.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Nah can't be true that would make Trump look a lot smarter than the other candidates!

What does this have to do with Trump?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ewww, the UK Express.

Are you saying they found those weapons in Mosques? If so, you need to read the article again.

link   

I thought France had some strict gun laws. Those were legally obtained weapons, right?

link   

There are over 2300 mosques in France, and while these 3 represent only a fraction, they held what seems to be a lot of weapons and documents related to jihadist activity.

It doesn't say if the weapons were found at the Mosques, most likely the weapons are found in private homes, still shocking though .
edit on 8-12-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I am not ready to believe that there aren't peaceful Muslims, but in these three Mosques, am I to believe that there wasn't ONE peaceful Muslim who noticed something odd? Not ONE person who might have been asked to join the ranks and refused?

I think this is what I would expect from any and all members of the Muslim faith, to stand up and demand these extremists leave! If they are making everyone else look bad, then say something! Do something! Let the rest of the world know you exist!

Those of us on the outside have no idea. Ignorance breeds fear. Enlighten us, show us, teach us. But teach/lead by example. Only you can prevent terrorism. Only you.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The article doesn't state they found the weapons in three mosques. They raided over 2200 homes and buildings and found them. They also shut down three mosques. Had they found all or most of the weapons in the mosques, it would have been front page news worldwide to help build fear.
The headline is very misleading.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Ewww, the UK Express.

Are you saying they found those weapons in Mosques? If so, you need to read the article again.

Natural News is now a credible source, too.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't consider a revolver as a "war grade weapon".

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I don't consider a revolver as a "war grade weapon".

until you are shot by one. I admit it's a stupid description, but aren't all guns war grade weapons?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I bet it is the same here in the US, too. They are building an army right here under our politically correct noses, and recruiting muslim US citizens, bringing others in as "refugees", swarming hordes of illegals coming across our southern border include ME'ers, and storing weapons in mosques of "the religion of peace".

absolutely

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

PARIS (AFP) -

Kalashnikov ammunition and Islamic State propaganda videos were seized in raids following the closure of a mosque in the Paris suburbs, French authorities said Sunday.

The prayer hall in Lagny-sur-Marne, around 30 kilometres (18 miles) east of the capital, was shut down last Wednesday following a large-scale police operation.

Associated with the traditionalist Salafist branch of Islam, it is the third mosque in France to be closed after the coordinated jihadist attacks on Paris on November 13.

The prefect -- the highest representative of the state -- in the Seine-and-Marne department said Sunday "7.62mm ammunition for a Kalashnikov rifle and propaganda videos" for the Islamic State group had been found in raids linked to the closure of the prayer hall.

Ammunition, IS propaganda found after France mosque closure

This is the article I used in my OP and appears to be the same every other article I have found online, so this would be the original source.

Not only this, but:

A revolver and jihadist documents were also found during searches at the homes of the mosque leaders, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said previously.

Let me guess, these were merely 'research material' and not really meant to be disseminated or otherwise utilized?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Jihadist documents were found in a mosque????
Weapons were found in Muslim homes???
OMG what a shock!!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Ewww, the UK Express.

That's right, it doesn't say one way or the other, and my guess is if any war weapons were found in any of those Mosques, someone would be in the poky.
The Express does have a lovely way with words, but still it must be serious enough having any jihadist doctrinal material seeing as the Mosques have been closed.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They shut those mosques down for some reason...and it had to have been a pretty damn good one.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Ewww, the UK Express.

That's right, it doesn't say one way or the other, and my guess is if any war weapons were found in any of those Mosques, someone would be in the poky.
The Express does have a lovely way with words, but still it must be serious enough having any jihadist doctrinal material seeing as the Mosques have been closed.

The Independent is a little clearer,
'One mosque was targeted by raids early on Wednesday where police seized a 9mm revolver, a computer hard disk and jihadist propaganda. The owner of the revolver has been arrested.'

So it was at a Mosque where the owner of the pistol was arrested.
Elsewhere, 34 of the 334 weapons found in all the raids were war weapons.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

From what I understand, at least from hearsay that I've heard in interviews, is that the peaceful ones don't speak out because then they would become targets themselves.

Makes sense, although I don't know how accurate that is or if it's a general reality shared by most peaceful Muslims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join