It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Slap At Obama, GOP-Led House Moves To Block Steep Cuts To Greenhouse Gas Emissions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
In Slap At Obama, GOP-Led House Moves To Block Steep Cuts To Greenhouse Gas Emissions

As President Barack Obama worked to hammer out a global climate agreement in Paris, Republicans in Congress moved to block his plan to force steep cuts in greenhouse gas emissions from U.S. power plants.

The House passed two resolutions Tuesday disapproving Obama's power-plant rules and rendering them inoperative. A measure blocking an Environmental Protection Agency rule for existing power plants was approved 242-180, while a measure blocking a rule on future power plants was approved 235-188.

The votes come after the Senate approved identical motions last month under a little-used law that allows Congress to block executive actions it considers onerous. The measures now go to the White House, where they face almost-certain vetoes. Just four Democrats sided with Republicans to support the measures, which fell far short of the numbers needed to override a veto in both the House and Senate.

Man you gotta love our consistent as always inefficient government. Obama is trying to hammer out a deal on climate change with the rest of the world and our idiotic Congress is working on pulling the rug out from under his feet back home.

And Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., said he wished Obama took the threat posed by "radical jihadists" such as the Islamic State as seriously as he takes what Duncan called a "pseudoscientific threat" posed by climate change.

Bullcrap! Climate change is poised to cause WAY more considerable threat to the entire world's stability than ISIS could ever hope to achieve. What do you think is going to happen when sea levels continue to rise and force millions of people further inland? What do you think will happen when shifting climate patterns create new deserts forcing the people there to either consume more resources or move elsewhere? What do you think will happen when nastier and nastier hurricanes rip through more and more coastal cities?

Oh by the way, China and India have joined the bandwagon. I know many deniers like to talk about why we should do anything about climate change if those two countries aren't. Well there you go. They are.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: Sorry forgot some links

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Oh , heck yeah. Lets put the utility bills of your average family in the US so far out of reach , most people have to go back to living stone age style.....

I like it....Obama taking down the US , a step at a time

edit on 2-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ever since Obama was elected, the ONLY thing the GOP has cared about is obstructing him and trying to make him look bad. They don't care about ANYTHING else - the economy, the environment, international situations - none of those things matter to these mooks... the ONLY thing they are focused on is "get Obama".

You can be sure that if Obama was more focused on ISIS, people like Duncan would be whining about Obama not paying enough attention to the environment. It doesn't matter what Obama does, these whining babies would be against it.

This is just one more example of that. We can only hope enough Americans wake up for the next election and get rid of those clowns as much as possible and start to move forward.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not going to refute any of my argument in the OP then? Just repeat the same rhetoric a politician used instead? Gotcha.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not going to refute any of my argument in the OP then? Just repeat the same rhetoric a politician used instead? Gotcha.

Have you heard any politician state what I just did ? No. Like I said , I like it. I do have the means to continue paying utility bills more than a lot of folks , I imagine. Lets do it....

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Man you gotta love our consistent as always inefficient government. Obama is trying to hammer out a deal on climate change with the rest of the world and our idiotic Congress is working on pulling the rug out from under his feet back home.

Or the alternate interpretation...

Congress is representing their constituency and protecting us from unnecessary cost increases and Obama's rampant stupidity. Obama shouldn't go out and negotiate something that is unpopular, expensive and hurts middle class and low income people.

Obama's continued war on the middle class needs to stop.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Obama does a fine job making himself look bad all on his own. He needs no help.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic
This is just one more example of that. We can only hope enough Americans wake up for the next election and get rid of those clowns as much as possible and start to move forward.

Seriously... These kind of politics while not only petty, are EXTREMELY tiring. What happened to being dynamic with your political positions? Why do you have to adopt the EXACT opposite position of everything the Democrats, no... Obama has? It really makes the Democrats look good by comparison, and I hate saying that because I hate political parties.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Trying to work together with the rest of the world to save it for our children or children's children is stupid?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Have you heard any politician state what I just did ? No. Like I said , I like it. I do have the means to continue paying utility bills more than a lot of folks , I imagine. Lets do it....

Sure did. It was in the OP article:

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Obama wants to reduce carbon emissions, but his policies will kill jobs, increase electricity costs and decrease the reliability of the U.S. energy supply.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sure did. It was in the OP article:

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said Obama wants to reduce carbon emissions, but his policies will kill jobs, increase electricity costs and decrease the reliability of the U.S. energy supply.

Hmm. Does not sound like what I said. I can make a fortune off this. $20 for a 1/2 hour of watching my TV. $20 for washing and drying a load of clothes. $20 for cooking a meal in my kitchen...the potential is endless

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Ok. Whatever. Do you plan on addressing my points in the OP or are we just going to talk about your hyperbolic and imaginary power bill?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

These kind of politics while not only petty, are EXTREMELY tiring.

Totally. I used to spend a lot of time investigating and researching claims from the nut jobs about Obama, and after many of those investigations revealed that virtually ALL such claims aren't worth the bits it takes to represent them, now I just assume - very safely - that anything they say is at best a wild distortion of the truth.

What happened to being dynamic with your political positions? Why do you have to adopt the EXACT opposite position of everything the Democrats, no... Obama has? It really makes the Democrats look good by comparison, and I hate saying that because I hate political parties.

Or what happened to the wish to make the US a better place? These guys would rather see our country cease to exist than even APPEAR to agree with Obama about anything. Obama has a longer-range view that seems to be beyond the capabilities of these types.

We are seeing more and more frequent indications that we humans have messed up our den (aka Earth) to the point it is very questionable whether it will support our form of life for much longer (in historical terms), and all they can do is whine about impact on the economy. After their own policies have nearly brought this economy to its knees anyway.

At this point what they say is mostly a source of amusement for me, it's like watching somebody on some serious perception-altering drugs tie themselves into knots.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Congress is representing their constituency and protecting us from unnecessary cost increases and Obama's rampant stupidity.

They are representing the people who paid for their elections and that is it.

Obama shouldn't go out and negotiate something that is unpopular, expensive and hurts middle class and low income people.

What he is doing doesn't hurt the middle class or poor people it hurts the wealthy profit so they in turn hurt the middle class and poor.

Obama's continued war on the middle class needs to stop.

Where did this delusion come from? Obama has given the middle class several tax breaks along with expanding other programs that the middle class and poor need.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Totally. I used to spend a lot of time investigating and researching claims from the nut jobs about Obama, and after many of those investigations revealed that virtually ALL such claims aren't worth the bits it takes to represent them, now I just assume - very safely - that anything they say is at best a wild distortion of the truth.

Yea me too. It's really changed my opinion of Obama too. I used to think he was a lackluster President (not terrible but not great either), but now I think he's actually a pretty decent President. Most of the negative stuff said about him is either Republican hyperbole or some nonsense that isn't relevant anymore. Meanwhile most of his policies haven't been the end of the world and he appears to actually care about minority demographics other than his own. As far as Presidents go, I give him a B+.

Or what happened to the wish to make the US a better place? These guys would rather see our country cease to exist than even APPEAR to agree with Obama about anything. Obama has a longer-range view that seems to be beyond the capabilities of these types.

We are seeing more and more frequent indications that we humans have messed up our den (aka Earth) to the point it is very questionable whether it will support our form of life for much longer (in historical terms), and all they can do is whine about impact on the economy. After their own policies have nearly brought this economy to its knees anyway.

Seriously, you can agree that Global Warming is real and not have to agree with Obama's solution. As a Republican, you can have a conservative approach to fixing it, but at least ACKNOWLEDGE it first...

At this point what they say is mostly a source of amusement for me, it's like watching somebody on some serious perception-altering drugs tie themselves into knots.

Lol. I agree it would be high grade comedy if our future wasn't at stake...
edit on 2-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Trying to work together with the rest of the world to save it for our children or children's children is stupid?

He is working with NWO Globalists to enslave the population of the world and implement U.N. Agenda 21.

Congress is trying to stop Obama from selling us out.
edit on 2015/12/2 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Don't forget the part where he's a gay commie fascist Muslim from Kenya. That's a key point.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

They are representing the people who paid for their elections and that is it.

I didn't pay for anyone's election and they are representing me and my family so your statement is obviously FALSE.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Forcing the entire nation to change the way that energy is been utilized over night will cost more money to the burdened tax payer and nation than any clima change damage to the expensive over prized coast in America.

The truth is that the sea will rise, the clima will get warmer and is nothing that any of us will be able to do, it happen before and will happen again that is what people can not get in their thick head, earth cycles are UNSTOPABLE

But rather than working to fix the problems with the coastal areas that are owned mostly by private entities to avoid oncoming disasters, the president is boosting private enterprises and scammers that will be offering band aids until at the cost of tax payers until the band aids will not stick anymore and people are already drowning due to the lack of initiative to protect the coast.

Because globally is nothing but about the money and how to scam the working class into believing that government can help change Earth clima cycles.

Wake up people and start moving inland on your own, because the government is going to wait until you drown to do something about it

Remember while you are losing your properties due to that expensive coast line that you want to live close by is those that will be running to the bank with your money as usual

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Don't forget the part where he's a gay commie fascist Muslim from Kenya. That's a key point.

Obama isn't gay, but Michelle is a tranny. At least get it right.

Shall we return to the topic?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join