It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Slap At Obama, GOP-Led House Moves To Block Steep Cuts To Greenhouse Gas Emissions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah man, makes total sense that we should hinder our economy more by making it nearly impossible to build infrastructure while we have NO TECH to get us to "zero emission" levels.

Totally!

And yeah, American citizens should PAY for carbon that the rest of the world is emitting, because we're MURIKA!

And yeah, a 0.05 increase in temps is way more scary than a Global Caliphate under Sharia Law where girls are raped, dissenters are beheaded, and gays are thrown off buildings.

TOTALLY MAN!!

Let's just leave ISIS alone and build more wind turbines....BRO!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: buster2010

They are representing the people who paid for their elections and that is it.

I didn't pay for anyone's election and they are representing me and my family so your statement is obviously FALSE.

You pay for their elections just like everyone else does. We pay for them through the purchasing of products and services of the people who buy the politicians. Sorry you don't understand how the real world works.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I didn't see anything in the article about the costs associated with the plan. How much is his plan expected to increase the average electric/gas bill? I'd be fine with 5%, maybe 10%. If it's more than that then I'm sorry because my health insurance premium increases have been ridiculous over the past 2 years.

Are there other hidden costs also not factored in, like businesses and industries passing on their utility cost increases to consumers?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Oh , heck yeah. Lets put the utility bills of your average family in the US so far out of reach , most people have to go back to living stone age style.....

I like it....Obama taking down the US , a step at a time

That's not true! /sarcasm

Odd how when an "Evil Conservative" says it, it is rhetoric, but what about when it comes out of the Prez's own mouth? lol

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Man you gotta love our consistent as always inefficient government. Obama is trying to hammer out a deal on climate change with the rest of the world and our idiotic Congress is working on pulling the rug out from under his feet back home.

Or put another way, our idiotic president is trying to hammer out a deal on climate change with the rest of the world and our Congress is rightfully working on stopping his abuse of onerous executive actions back home.

Bullcrap! Climate change is poised to cause WAY more considerable threat to the entire world's stability than ISIS could ever hope to achieve.

No...it's claimed to pose a considerable threat to the current way people have come to know their survival on this planet. The planet will be fine, and we just need to adapt, like the human race has done for at least 200,000 years, if not more like 1 Million. The last few thousand years of comfort mean nothing to the earth nor our species.

Oh by the way, China and India have joined the bandwagon. I know many deniers like to talk about why we should do anything about climate change if those two countries aren't. Well there you go. They are.

Right...disregard the fact that China aims to clone something like 1 Million cows a year. What do you think all that methane is going to do?

Just because countries say they are going to do something doesn't make it so, nor does it mean that the data that they release is accurate. Let's not be completely naïve.

ETA: Also, "deniers" (a terrible term, btw) use that argument to show that drastic action on the part of the US will do nothing overall for the globe--and that's even assuming that something needs to be done. Action in the US, however, will definitely impact the day-to-day lives of Americans in the negative, for the most part...yes, I'm talking about wallets and jobs.
edit on 2-12-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Krazy, you're talking to people that believe Obama is part of some nefarious, NWO global agenda and he is the puppet for the reptilian overlords that want to tax us to death instead of just eating our souls.

You're not going to be able to talk much sense in to them on something so simple.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Yeah man, makes total sense that we should hinder our economy more by making it nearly impossible to build infrastructure while we have NO TECH to get us to "zero emission" levels.

We do have the tech to get us to a 70% reduction of carbon emissions now.
How Can the U.S. Substantially Reduce Carbon Emissions?
Through the use of solar, wind and nuclear we can reduce it by quite a lot.

And yeah, a 0.05 increase in temps is way more scary than a Global Caliphate under Sharia Law where girls are raped, dissenters are beheaded, and gays are thrown off buildings.

The DOD thinks so. If you are so worried about ISIS why not go over there and fight them?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
Are there other hidden costs also not factored in, like businesses and industries passing on their utility cost increases to consumers?

It's a government program, and it mandates that certain industries spend money to comply with regulations--or course there are hidden costs, and all of it will be passed down to the consumer. A company never eats the costly process of complying with new government regulations.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Totally!

You realize that the reason this is the case is because the Republican led Congress has blocked green energy bills to help get this stuff going right?

And yeah, American citizens should PAY for carbon that the rest of the world is emitting, because we're MURIKA!

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions

We are number two on that list.

TOTALLY MAN!!

Let's just leave ISIS alone and build more wind turbines....BRO!

Who is comparing a 0.05 increase in temps to ISIS? I'm comparing the TOTALITY of ALL the effects of climate change to ISIS. You are presenting a strawman here.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Better yet, we can get out of the wars against AGW and ISIS altogether. That would do wonders for our own country.

I'm all for cleaner energy, but not when it's mandated and forced to the point of dramatic cost to the average American. In fact, I have a goal within 10 years to be basically energy self-sufficient, but not because the government tells me that I should or because I think that it will save the planet, but because I don't like relying on huge companies for basic necessities like electricity.

I'm also all for leaving the perpetual-war region of the Middle East alone to fight its own battles with each other. We can't "fix" an area of the world that has been at war with itself for thousands of years by going to war with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Or put another way, our idiotic president is trying to hammer out a deal on climate change with the rest of the world and our Congress is rightfully working on stopping his abuse of onerous executive actions back home.

Because halting Climate Change is a bad idea huh?

No...it's claimed to pose a considerable threat to the current way people have come to know their survival on this planet. The planet will be fine, and we just need to adapt, like the human race has done for at least 200,000 years, if not more like 1 Million. The last few thousand years of comfort mean nothing to the earth nor our species.

Some would call what we are doing in Paris "adapting".

Right...disregard the fact that China aims to clone something like 1 Million cows a year. What do you think all that methane is going to do?

I never said they were perfect. We aren't perfect yet either. I just said they are starting to do something about it.

Just because countries say they are going to do something doesn't make it so, nor does it mean that the data that they release is accurate. Let's not be completely naïve.

So which data isn't accurate?

ETA: Also, "deniers" (a terrible term, btw) use that argument to show that drastic action on the part of the US will do nothing overall for the globe--and that's even assuming that something needs to be done. Action in the US, however, will definitely impact the day-to-day lives of Americans in the negative, for the most part...yes, I'm talking about wallets and jobs.

No deniers is appropriate. At this point you aren't being open minded about it, you are just denying science. The evidence is incontrovertible. I notice you didn't refute a single bit of evidence I supplied at the bottom of my thread, instead you clipped that out from your quotes. I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra
I didn't see anything in the article about the costs associated with the plan. How much is his plan expected to increase the average electric/gas bill? I'd be fine with 5%, maybe 10%. If it's more than that then I'm sorry because my health insurance premium increases have been ridiculous over the past 2 years.

It's interesting you mention insurance, because they appear to be on board with Climate Change.

Big Insurance Companies Are Warning The U.S. To Prepare For Climate Change

How the insurance industry sees climate change

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Is funny, this is repeating itself, just like the insurance companies claimed that Obama crap was going to bankrupt their business look what is going on they are bankrupting the tax payer with forced health care insurance.

Now they claim that they will bankrupt their business again, for the contraire is going to boost the prices in preparation for the incoming flooding and disasters so the coast line still be in the hands of the few while bankrupting the rest of the homeowners that have nothing to do with living by coastal areas.

History repeat itself, profits, profits and more profits,

The only reason China and India are now in the global clima change bandwagon is because they don't want to miss their cut of the profiteering angle of it, stupid they are not

Cima change is going to happen get ready and don't wait for the government to do anything about it, because they don't give two rat arses about your safety but the private profiteering pockets as usual, get out of the darn coast and areas of flooding, sometime I wonder why people have brains if they don't not how to use them.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

We do have the tech to get us to a 70% reduction of carbon emissions now.
How Can the U.S. Substantially Reduce Carbon Emissions?
Through the use of solar, wind and nuclear we can reduce it by quite a lot.

The DOD thinks so. If you are so worried about ISIS why not go over there and fight them?

Combat the CLIMATE with nearly TRILLIONS of dollars in costs...when the country is just NOW rebounding (debatable) from a serious near economic Depression, when interest rates are at ZERO...taxing people for energy ON TOP of the already high rates caused by population alone...to achieve a MINISCULE amount in carbon reduction...all hinging on the POSSIBILITY that it is THAT, which ultimately drives CLIMATE to begin with...

AS OPPOSED TO

Stopping a CALIPHATE which is being erected and taking more territory, bombing airliners, shooting Civilians in foreign nations, taking over governments, beheading people, raping women, wanting to attack the WEST??

Are you guys INSANE?? Do you actually listen to yourselves??

And I haven't even mentioned BOKO HARAM...or Al Nusra...or Al Qaeda...or any of the multiple SALAFIST off-shoots worldwide.

But Carbon Emissions? Huh??

edit on 2-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Isn't the point to continue to make money while trying to curb CO2 emissions? We aren't trying to completely dismantle the economy here. You keep yelling about how everyone is trying to make money off of CO2 policy. DUH! What about the oil companies like Exxon trying to prevent the loss of profits that they will see from climate change? Is that not something worth considering?

Seriously, stop talking about money and start talking about the evidence. If you want to talk about money, start producing some money trails otherwise everything you are saying is just noise.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

How much will costs rise to the consumer?

Consumers will pay an additional $214 billion by 2030;
45 states will see double digit increases in wholesale electricity costs; and
16 states will see a 25 percent or higher increase in wholesale electricity costs.
instituteforenergyresearch.org...

You can find more by searching on term "How Much will Obama's Emissions Plan Cost".

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Dude.....the problem is the doubling of the cost of electricty to the average consumer. That's what this is all about. See my post above.

link   
You're right guys, we should totally leave ISIS alone, and the other 20 or so SALAFIST groups that are following right behind them

Because it might get hot, or cold, or rain more...or something...who even KNOWS at this point?

I'm SO outraged about 'Climate Change" I'm going to just #e in my homemade outhouse because the very act of flushing a toilet might add to the trouble. I'll also take a KAYAK to work on the 405 Freeway here in Los Angeles. Maybe add some wheels to it so it can be an all terrain vehicle....BROS??

And screw ISIS and Salafists...we should greet them with candy and Trader Joes organic Coconut Oil POPSICLES! Maybe they know wind turbine tech too? Maybe we can harness the energy from their IED strikes to power all of Texas???

Who knows anymore??
edit on 2-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TonyS

Dude... There is more to life than your power bill.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TonyS

Dude... There is more to life than your power bill.

Why don't we all be homeless then??? Just cut the Middle-Man???

RIGHT BRO????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join