It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened at the canceled Soccer match in Germany?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Article

There were rumors of multiple bombs and an ambulance full of explosives but I never heard any real explanation of what was actually found. It just seems odd that we haven't heard much in the way of details. From the rumors, it sounded like a well planned out attack. Has anyone else found any more info on this foiled attack?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

but I never heard any real explanation of what was actually found.

Me neither.

I got bored of the "breaking terror", maybe thats all it was…?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Nothing really happened.

The Germans got intelligence from the French after the Paris attacks that there was a terrorist cell in Germany planning to attack the stadium. They cancelled the match and conducted a search but found nothing and no arrests have so far been made. The Germans say that the thwarted the attack but that the cell may still be active in Germany.

That pretty much sums it up.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I thought that they might had stopped an attack but we're still looking for the people responsible. If the ambulance story was true it speaks of a level of sophistication behind the attempted attack.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hey ATS, hey pavil,

at the day after the game there was a press-conference with Thomas de Maizière which I was able to watch on TV. The only thing they found in Hannover was a bomb-trapper packed in a train which was later defused - or better said - they had bombed it "under control". The whole story about the ambulance was just twittered by a small newspaper and not mentioned in any big media here in Germany.

For our conspiracy-friends:

If public authorities found an alleged bomb-trapper, why should they dissimulate a bomb near the Stadium or in the ambulance?
Maybe because it would raise new questions? For example, whether there might have been security flaws ?
edit on 30-11-2015 by Krautrock because: formatting

edit on 30-11-2015 by Krautrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krautrock

Thanks or the info. What is a bomb trapper?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Thanks or the info. What is a bomb trapper?

OMG, I'm so sorry... I used a bad translation - I tried to translate "Atrappe" like "dummy"... the correct translation would be "fake bomb" then... my fault!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Nothing really happened.

The Germans got intelligence from the French after the Paris attacks that there was a terrorist cell in Germany planning to attack the stadium. They cancelled the match and conducted a search but found nothing and no arrests have so far been made. The Germans say that the thwarted the attack but that the cell may still be active in Germany.

That pretty much sums it up.

not true.
first there were reports from a small newspaper about a suspect at the traun station, at the stadium and a car full of explosives.

next official media denied that and said false alarm.

some days later they brought some details of the terrorists' plans.

there was more to it but they didn't want to cause panic among the german people.
gotta keep the borders open to let more terrorists in first, you know.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification

top topics

join