It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs gunman. The writing on the wall.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
link

Dear, who was in custody and is expected to make his first court appearance Monday, was described by neighbors as reclusive. They said he stashed food in the woods, avoided eye contact and warned neighbors about government spying.

he stashed food in the woods, avoided eye contact and warned neighbors about government spying.

warned neighbors about government spying.

The writing is on the wall, do you see it? Negative connotation is a strong tool in the war against dissent. They want your friends and family to stop trusting you. To be afraid of you. They want the general population to fear you.

I was curious about this article in many ways, the first time I read it they said he "avoided eye contact and had a cabin in the woods." Now that statement has changed to "he stashed food in the woods, avoided eye contact and warned neighbors about government spying.".

Obviously if you are concerned about government spying you are hiding something, right?

Why are we not talking about the other motivations involved? Why not talk about his religion? His political affiliations? etc?

Big brother is winning the war on our/general populations minds. We will soon be considered the next ISIS and re-educated. If you see something say something right?

I also find it funny that statements like these are spread out through incidents over time until it is something everyone starts to believe. They start amping the narrative up after the general population normalizes these behaviors with mass shootings. After the GP believes that we are all ticking time bombs we will be forced into mental health/evaluation programs. Those that cant be rehabilitated will be "fixed" or put on a registry. It will be sad to give up freedoms, but think of the children!

Our days are coming very soon, Big Brother is coming for us. They are going to use those we are trying to warn and protect against us. If you speak out against government you will be subjugated.

The war on information is being won.
edit on 29-11-2015 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This whole thing is about creating a false association in the minds of the sheep who believe everything they're being told (none of it based in fact) as the story unfolds. They want to associate the alleged shooter with certain political and religious ideologies, and then use that association as justification for opposition to (and persecution of) people who hold those ideologies.

They do it every time. Because it works every time. The retarded masses fall for it every time.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There are a great many people that hold the same views of 'teh evul guverment' even here on ATS.

And most of the time they're gun toting republicans, so it's not much of a surprise tbh.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Because the man seems to fit in a certain political agenda in america that lives off fake outrage, propaganda and repeating lies over and over again so it becomes truth.

2 hours in the paris attacks fox news was saying they had found Syrian passport, for this crazy guy not much is coming out even a few days after the incident.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well honestly people who are that paranoid about the government are crazy. Tens of thousands of people are killed with guns each year in this country, but I've never known a single person that was taken away by the government. Anyone who can do kindergarten math should be able to see where the real danger lies.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
This whole thing is about creating a false association in the minds of the sheep who believe everything they're being told (none of it based in fact) as the story unfolds. They want to associate the alleged shooter with certain political and religious ideologies, and then use that association as justification for opposition to (and persecution of) people who hold those ideologies.

They do it every time. Because it works every time. The retarded masses fall for it every time.

I think you're taking this way too far down conspiracy-road.

Whom is creating this false association? When you say "they", to whom are you referring?

They want to associate the alleged shooter with certain political and religious ideologies, and then use that association as justification for opposition to (and persecution of) people who hold those ideologies.

Nonsense.

What you are doing here is trying to preempt the potential backlash against anti-abortion, Christian conservatives in case it comes out this man was a Right Wing nut.

If that turns out to be true, you damn well better believe we are going to hold their feet to the fire. Not because they had anything to do with the shootings, but because they perpetuate and support extremist propaganda.

The Right Wing brainwashes people and there is a good chance this man was a product of it.

We will have to wait and see.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What you are doing here is trying to preempt the potential backlash against anti-abortion, Christian conservatives in case it comes out this man was a Right Wing nut.

Why would there be a backlash against those groups if what I'm saying isn't true?

Why would you hold entire groups of people accountable for one man's solitary actions if what I'm saying isn't true?

If it's the propagandists you're after, go after the propagandists. It sounds to me like your ilk is after all social conservatives.

That is exactly the association you're aiming for, and you know it.

edit on 11/29/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Why the need to go to every thread on this subject and repeat the same things, me thinks your agenda is strong.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Of all the acquaintances, friends of family, and local figures of interest I am aware of, the kind who I would expect to do something like this are people who live like Robert Dear.

- They all have this obsession with getting "off the grid" or already living that way.
- They fear the government and back conservative ideology.
- They are religious but not conventionally; they almost always have a theory as to how the other Christians "have it all wrong".
- A single passion that drives them and the signs are in their homes. Racist, religious, a specific conspiracy theory, etc.
- Guns. Lots of guns.
- Seclusion. Lots of seclusion.

And the handful I have known like this in life have all given me that vibe of a person who is going to snap someday.

The media doesn't need to tell me this.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Why the need to go to every thread on this subject and repeat the same things, me thinks your agenda is strong.

Withholding judgment and irresponsible assumption until the facts are in?

You're right, what a s#ty agenda I have.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

"If that turns out to be true, you damn well better believe we are going to hold their feet to the fire. Not because they had anything to do with the shootings, but because they perpetuate and support extremist propaganda. "

Really? Who exactly are the "we" that are going to hold "their" feet to the fire?
How do you properly identify who the anti-abortion Christian conservatives are that perpetuate and support extremist propaganda?
What exactly constitutes "extremist" propaganda?
In what way would you have their "feet held to the fire"?

I for one see the OP as flawed in many respects and disagree with the premise. In my opinion the pendulum has swung way too far toward protection of individual liberties with regard to mental health issues. The government isn't as evil as it is in truth incompetent and impotent. But the tools to identify the nuts in this society are readily available and in my opinion, they should be more readily utilized. My guess would be that after the so-called election, we'll see health care reform to move to a single payer system and then we'll see implementation of some much needed reforms in the mental health field. One change we should see is mandatory mental health screening every two to three years. Another change that should be made is proximity liability, i.e., when an 18 year old shoots up a school, those in proximate relation to that person should be held accountable for failing to report the "nut" as being a "nut".

We have the tools to identify the aberrant population and those tools should be put to use.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

See what you're doing? You are playing the victim card before there is even a reason to do so, and you are doing exactly what you claim to fear. You are lumping people in to groups and claiming they are going to come after "social conservatives".

I don't want to go after anti-abortionists or conservatives. I want to highlight the propaganda and language they use that has an effect of people and this man MAY be a product of it. Their personal beliefs are actually irrelevant to my point.

Why wouldn't you want to address that as well? Wouldn't you want to stop the propaganda as well?

+10 more 
link   
The same way that they still refuse to release a clear motive for why he did what he did, they ignore that witnesses say he started his attacks outside the bank and stalked one man through the parking lot before he ever got to PP, but they release news articles where the CO Springs mayor basically tells people to "make their own inferences" about the incident.

It clearly says to me they don't really know why he went off, but they want everyone to assume he was definitely attacking PP with no other motive in mind.

In other words, he can't just be a nut ... he has to be a specific kind of nut or they want everyone to think he was. No Unibomber here.

+17 more 
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well honestly people who are that paranoid about the government are crazy. Tens of thousands of people are killed with guns each year in this country, but I've never known a single person that was taken away by the government. Anyone who can do kindergarten math should be able to see where the real danger lies.

Thats the most ignorant thing ive seen in quite a while......

The government is responsible for the death of millions world wide, the creation of ISIS, a militant police state complete with military hardware in the streets...

Toppling of foreign regimes

Gun running to our enemies

"Ghost" jails where you just disappear too, one discovered in Chicago

Thats a SHORT list and youre saying that its illogical?

Who the hell do you work for?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not government observations but neighbors. People who knew of him. Saw him picking up his mail. What was known of him was that he was reclusive and a loner. Nothing wrong with that. I am like that.
But this guy took his gun, and started blowing people away, at an women's health clinic. This cat had an agenda and had somehow (you explain how) he went from being a cautious citizen, concerned about government overreach and ended up a loony.

He was concerned. Many here are concerned. I am concerned. But what I think is that this concern, shared by so many here, can easily turn into paranoia when we search out every little bitty thing that is printed in the media. By all indications from interviews with people of his area this loony was off in his own little world and not engaged with anything other than the fear in his own mind. Taking one small paragraph from the larger article and from that extrapolating how it proves the government is out to get us is overreaching in itself.

To me, a clear sign that a concerned citizen is venturing away from concern and into paranoia is when they start calling other people, other citizens, other victims of this harsh reality sheeple and retarded masses. Oh the superiority of it, the sheer elitism of organizing ones brain in this way.

As much as we need to be wary of big government and how we are being lead down a path to our own destruction, we need to be concerned with whether or not we ourselves are heading off down that highway of our own volition.
Because you know what? The loonies, the paranoid maniacs, the off the chart goofballs will be hiding among us and I for one will not rise to their defense.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You know what's really... funny?

The people who took those PP "videos" and immediately ran with them as if they were truth, are really no different than the people who are taking one statement of hearsay and running with it as though it's the shooter's motivational smoking gun.

Jumping to conclusions to further a social agenda. Pot, meet kettle.
edit on 11/29/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Wouldn't you want to stop the propaganda as well?

Now we're getting to the meat.

You want to shut your opposition up, don't you?

What's next, licensing journalists? The Ministry of Truth?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Really? Who exactly are the "we" that are going to hold "their" feet to the fire?

My bad. I can only speak for myself.

How do you properly identify who the anti-abortion Christian conservatives are that perpetuate and support extremist propaganda?

You listen to the way they talk. It's very simple if you know what to look for.

In what way would you have their "feet held to the fire"?

By making it well-known that they push propaganda and educating people on their tactics. We are mostly talking about the media and such.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Of all the acquaintances, friends of family, and local figures of interest I am aware of, the kind who I would expect to do something like this are people who live like Robert Dear.

- They all have this obsession with getting "off the grid" or already living that way.
- They fear the government and back conservative ideology.
- They are religious but not conventionally; they almost always have a theory as to how the other Christians "have it all wrong".
- A single passion that drives them and the signs are in their homes. Racist, religious, a specific conspiracy theory, etc.
- Guns. Lots of guns.
- Seclusion. Lots of seclusion.

And the handful I have known like this in life have all given me that vibe of a person who is going to snap someday.

The media doesn't need to tell me this.

You have been programmed the way you were meant to. Generalizing an association between antisocial behavior and mass murder is every bit as disgusting as labeling black people as gangbangers/thugs, islamic as terrorists, etc. There are people that just flat out snap, regardless of personality. This man murdered people, this man alone. He was a member of a specific subgroup of people, not the entirety of the group.

Next time a social butterfly kills a couple of people will we start regarding social folks as potential threats?

subjugating people due to their ideology is wrong. Thinking is not a crime

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Wouldn't you want to stop the propaganda as well?

Now we're getting to the meat.

You want to shut your opposition up, don't you?

What's next, licensing journalists? The Ministry of Truth?

Of course, we have take this to a dramatic level huh?

I want people to recognize where the propaganda is coming from and once people are savvy, the propagandists will slowly begin to fade away.

Sad thing is, we are a long way from that. There are too many brainwashed people out there right now. Too many people not only agree with the propagandists, they defend them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join