It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Springs gunman. The writing on the wall.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I didn't say all. Don't be disingenuous or take my comments to overly-dramatic levels.

Why ?

I guess the only disingeouousness that is allowed is those painting dear as a 'right wing Christian terrorist', and making blanket statements all gun totiing republicans must be 'brainwashed'.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No they did not.

They arrested him for probation violations. He was not arrested for creating a video that caused Benghazi.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I have not made any blanket statements about all gun-toting Republicans being brainwashed.

You're taking the point to an extreme because you cannot otherwise effectively articulate your point.

The logical fallacies, one being emotion, are irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What you are doing here is trying to preempt the potential backlash against anti-abortion, Christian conservatives in case it comes out this man was a Right Wing nut.

If that turns out to be true, you damn well better believe we are going to hold their feet to the fire. Not because they had anything to do with the shootings, but because they perpetuate and support extremist propaganda.

The Right Wing brainwashes people and there is a good chance this man was a product of it.

We will have to wait and see.

Lets not play games Introvert

There is blame laid at the Christians feet for these murderers
Its only acceptable you accept blame for the deaths of unborn children and the sale of their body parts

You are a hypocrite if you cant accept and admit that

Your feet should be burning as much as mine

and I dont have to wait and see, because you allow abortion you are a cause

according to your own standards

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Our days are coming very soon, Big Brother is coming for us. They are going to use those we are trying to warn and protect against us. If you speak out against government you will be subjugated. The war on information is being won.

I wish they would get on with it already so we can be done with them once and for all. Everyone I talk to on the street trust Putin more than anything said in D.C. anymore. They have all had it with this rouge government.

Please Obama, this crap is getting old already, your old tricks don't work so lets get it on. It is getting really boring seeing our kids being brainwashed by the BS in these Nazi schools.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

There is blame laid at the Christians feet for these murderers

Not by me. I don't believe Christianity should be blamed at all. I do believe it is possible that the political message that attaches itself to religion is to blame.

Its only acceptable you accept blame for the deaths of unborn children and the sale of their body parts

But I'm anti-abortion. Why would I take blame for that? I've never paid for one, asked a lady friend to have one, nor have I forced anyone to have one.

My only stance on the issue is that the Supreme Court has ruled on the issue, it's a matter of personal freedom and I have stuck to that idea. It is beyond me to tell others what to do in such a situation, or define in what situation it is acceptable.

and I dont have to wait and see, because you allow abortion you are a cause

according to your own standards

I don't give a damn about abortion until others try to impede on other's freedom. Hardly a cause. Unless you define a cause as sticking-up for people's freedoms.

Then I suppose it is a cause. More people should stand-up for freedom.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Rmember the NDAA made propaganda legal. Yellow journalism or whatever your adjective suffices.

www.businessinsider.com...

It's a war on minds... Do the right thing,,,

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well honestly people who are that paranoid about the government are crazy. Tens of thousands of people are killed with guns each year in this country, but I've never known a single person that was taken away by the government. Anyone who can do kindergarten math should be able to see where the real danger lies.

Well you obviously didn't live through the '60s and '70s when government was infiltrating the anti-war movement and attempting to paint us all as associated with the Weathermen. Or when the government---J. Edgar Hoover, specifically abused his powers to try to stop the Civil Rights movement. Even Wikipedia admits this: en.wikipedia.org...

But I suppose you believe that DC has been cleansed since then? Since the current President is a close associate of one of the Weather Underground---I seriously doubt that anything has changed.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: ketsuko

You may have missed the part where police said he set up gas tanks around the building and was intending to shoot them.

The official told CNN that propane tanks were found in the area of Dear's car in the parking lot, and that authorities believe he was trying to shoot them to cause an explosion. [Source]

So that might go towatd explaining why he was shooting outside.

From your source:

Robert Lewis Dear, the suspect in Friday's shootings at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, mentioned "baby parts" to investigators and in later interviews expressed anti-abortion and anti-government views, Robert Lewis Dear, the suspect in Friday's shootings at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, mentioned "baby parts" to investigators and in later interviews expressed anti-abortion and anti-government views, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told CNN.

Hearsay--like the telephone game---un-named source. Same with the "propane tanks" reports---no names with "sources within law enforcement," just somebody's opinion that they "believed" he "might" be planning to use them.

Do you honestly believe that if he meant to shoot those tanks and kill people using PP clinic he wouldn't have done it? Seriously? Every eye witness that I've seen interviewed described him as shooting "randomly" toward the outside of the clinic except the guy named Ozy who was shot at in his car. He described him as following a man crawling across the parking lot to the PP building.

I have no idea why this guy was shooting people in the parking lot. What he did was wrong. But if the reports of him being a loner, off-grid and no reports of social media or computer connections are correct---I find myself wondering if certain members of law enforcement and the media aren't stirring the pot here to cause even more tumult. It wouldn't be the first time.

Can we at least wait until someone willing to give their name makes factual statements? Or we see some video of how the attack actually began. Why one eyewitness claimed to see him with a shotgun and even said she saw him "racking" the gun and demonstrated it----yet all other reports say he was using an AK-style "assault" weapon which wouldn't need to be racked. Yet another witness said that a bullet buzzed by his head and hit a stop sign nearby. That makes the shooting sound random does it not?

Saying that he was there to attack PP just sounds way off since he was inside the building and never shot any of the staff or clients according to the statement by PP. Yet he was inside and firing "randomly" toward the parking lot according to one eye witness.
He shot 12 people, killing 3 of them. One of the murdered was a cop and two were not. Of the wounded, 5 were cops, 4 were not. If I were judging his motives on his behavior it would seem to me that he wanted to shoot cops since he got as many cops as not-cops and didn't harm a single person at the clinic. Who knows? I'm just basing my opinion on what he actually did---who was actually harmed by his actions.
He is obviously deranged---normal people don't go shooting up parking lots but the leap to him being an anti-abortion, fundamentalist Christian, government hater....is just too big a chasm for me to attempt at this point because some un-named source leaked what they had reportedly been told. A game of telephone. And just look at how many took the bait.
Now, let me hasten to to say that if law enforcement, upon searching his cabin in the woods finds ample evidence that he was plotting an attack on PP because he had seen the videos about them, I will take my lashes.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
You know what's really... funny?

The people who took those PP "videos" and immediately ran with them as if they were truth, are really no different than the people who are taking one statement of hearsay and running with it as though it's the shooter's motivational smoking gun.

Jumping to conclusions to further a social agenda. Pot, meet kettle.

The media is responsible for vetting information. They didn't then and they aren't now.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You have to wonder what 'prompts' the decision to be professional.

I think it all stinks to high heaven.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Well honestly people who are that paranoid about the government are crazy. Tens of thousands of people are killed with guns each year in this country, but I've never known a single person that was taken away by the government. Anyone who can do kindergarten math should be able to see where the real danger lies.

Well you obviously didn't live through the '60s and '70s when government was infiltrating the anti-war movement and attempting to paint us all as associated with the Weathermen. Or when the government---J. Edgar Hoover, specifically abused his powers to try to stop the Civil Rights movement. Even Wikipedia admits this: en.wikipedia.org...

But I suppose you believe that DC has been cleansed since then? Since the current President is a close associate of one of the Weather Underground---I seriously doubt that anything has changed.

It's very easy for sane people to wonder how a group could bomb the Pentagon, destroy intelligence, and walk away "free as birds and guilty as hell," without the help and support of the federal government.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Hah thats funny.

Many of these sterotypes during the Bush reign were considered far left. Not just right wing.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A Lot of old people got burn at the Stake for just being alone and reclusive.
they said they are Witches.

Then the German people ware told to report and jews, gypsies, gays, mental or physically disabled.
you know what they did with them!

Now it all starts over again!
and You just play along with it.
Lets Stop it This time! ok?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
2 hours in the paris attacks fox news was saying they had found Syrian passport, for this crazy guy not much is coming out even a few days after the incident.

Errr...It was the French authorities who said that...and then CNN also stated another of the Paris terrorists was also smuggled into Europe from Syria...

In Spanish a reporter from "telemundo" stated but a day after the attacks that at least 2 of the Paris terrorists were "apparently" smuggled from Syria...

edit on 29-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Can a gun totin' democrat, such as myself, though I'm much more an independent these days, have the same views about the "evul guverment"?

That sentiment is hardly unique to republicans. Or shouldn't be anyway.

Government should always be distrusted. The only thing government can be trusted to be, is to be untrustworthy. Or the only thing it can be trusted to do, is to act in a manner that is untrustworthy.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So blind that you dont see it as it happens before your eyes. What do you think the largest per capita prison industrial complex in the world has been doing?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

"What do you think the largest per capita prison industrial complex in the world has been doing?"

Filling the coffers of private prison systems and making some CEO rich.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Does it really matter if this guy was right or left? He is a nut case that killed people, and that is about it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think it matters. A lot of innocent people have been killed for stoking blood lust. I.E. Salem witch trials. You can't fix stupid.
edit on 30-11-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328 Since you don't really understand or even know the real history of this country like I do? I would say that many of us have a very good reason for not trusting the corporate entity that is trying to pass itself off as a governmental body. The false flag events like Sandy Hook, Aurora, the Boston bombing, the Charleston shooting, etc, etc should give anyone with the ability for critical thinking to give pause and reflect. The CIA waged terrorist attacks on Italy under "Operation Gladio" and if you think that the powers that be would not wage a psy-op on the American people, look no further than Operation Northwoods and the events of 9/11/01. People need to wake up and see what has been going on around them while we were distracted with crap that doesn't matter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join