It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and mixed families.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've never come across another member who has ever spoken about being a part of a mixed (bi-racial) family.

I'm starting this thread because I am sick and tired of the racial crap being spewed left and right around here lately.

Maybe I am more tolerant because I'm from a mixed family....I just don't know. Maybe I see things differently than others because I have experienced things that others haven't because they are not exposed to the reality of situations.

This whole black/white issue in america is beyond crazy. I'm not saying that racism isn't real and prevalent. I know that it is. I've experienced within my own family.

But, family is family and at the end of the day, we still love and accept one another....no matter what our skin color is.

I love every black person in my family just as much as I love the white members of my family.

It disgusts me that this country is blatantly trying to cause division.

I'm not racist and I'm not bulletproof because I'm white.

Dumbest tweet I've ever read by the way.

That's the crap that spreads the hate and racism!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm a white mongrel kiwi married to a original indonesian. We have two gorgeous girls . And my brother is married to a Thai woman. Love goes around our family.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Husband is 1/8 Native American and that makes our son 1/16. We don't really talk about it much because it isn't all that relevant. We're only mixed according to the census bureau.

Now, if you want to go extended family ... I have one aunt from Japan, one from the Philippines, one cousin who married a Latino of some extraction (not sure his full background), another cousin who married African-American. They're my family.

I am anti-illegal, not anti-immigrant. I like people who follow the law, and I wish the laws made it easier for those people who like to follow the law to come here.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I got that Heinz 57 in my veins. Eurotrash/Spanaguese/scotbritirish probably some slave loving way back too lets be real ppl love to get their rocks off, I'm sure I come from a long line of humpers.
I've half black nephew and from another relative a half black niece.
I've dated various variety of women, and I am with and have been with a black woman for about 3 years.

Racism is pretty stupid, it comes from all corners. I'm not going to team up with someone just because we are similar in appearance nor would I hate someone solely because of their physical appearance. One must go according to an individual basis, not this catch all. Sad that ppl fall into that mindset though. If you are going to judge a person, judge them by their merits.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Lysergic because: the line of humpers was a very long hump line with many humps.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When I was a young man, I was married to a Hispanic woman for 5 years. The racism from both sides of our families eventually destroyed our marriage. She just couldn't take the constant "beaner" insults from my folks and her brothers always wanted to fight. That's just the way it was in small town Texas...perhaps it's different now.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

S&F and admiration for you and your post.

It's getting ridiculous...everywhere.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My aunts married to a black man, doesn't bother me. I used to fool around with a black chick, and a bunch of Spanish girls. Lately I've been on the hunt for an Asian lady so I can be well versed 😉.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Heh, spend enough time with the sprinters on the track team and you gain an appreciation for various flavors of masculine hawt.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My cousin married her college sweetheart who happened to be a black man

But I remember when he first met me and my siblings, he was super nervous, as could be expected.
But being as we don't care about skin color, we made him feel like one of the family and before you know it, we were all laughing having a great time.

Now my Uncle was a different story
But even he got to where he realized how stupid it was to judge someone for their skin color
Especially when that man made his daughter happy

Years later, they are still happily married with 3 beautiful girls
And I just know it would anger me if I knew that someone disrespected one of those girls cause they are bi-racial
But sadly, that is how a majority of people are unfortunately

edit on 27-11-2015 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

My cousin who married the Latino had a similar problem with her own father until my aunt sharply reminded him that he was going to force his daughter to make a choice between her own father and her future, and he might not like the choice she would make.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: snarky412

My cousin who married the Latino had a similar problem with her own father until my aunt sharply reminded him that he was going to force his daughter to make a choice between her own father and her future, and he might not like the choice she would make.

To be honest, and I had heard this 3rd party so not sure if it is true, but heard my Aunt threatened to leave my Uncle if he didn't rethink his actions towards their daughter's new beau.....LOL

All I know, is he accepted him finally and that was that
So your guess is as good as mine as to what really went down there . HA

But whatever happened to make my Uncle change, made life easier for my cousin and her husband, so that is all that matters really

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Ultimately I would trust my daughter to pick a good man for herself and I believe I would end up liking them whoever they are simply because SHE chose them and I trust her judgement.

That being said, I really don't have any interest in learning about other cultures or mixing with them, but if it were necessary then I would make the appropriate accommodations.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I respect your honesty.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

A family is a culture writ small.

When you marry, you are creating a culture between you and your spouse and each of you joins a culture that is your spouse's family. It's up to you how much you decide to adapt to that situation.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Color does matter. I want me a green womern, dammit.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It's not easy being green,;
Having to spend each day the colour of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red or yellow or gold
Or something much more colourful like that.

It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over
'Cause you're not standing out like
Flashy sparkles in the water or the stars in the sky.

But green's the colour of spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like a mountain,
Or important like a river, or tall like a tree.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why,
But why wonder,
I am green and it'll do fine , it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.

Kermit the frog.
a reply to: skunkape23

edit on 28-11-2015 by Cloudbuster because: Spelt Kermit wrong, sorry Kermit no disrespect meant

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

How is this a dumb statement just wondering why this is what causes racism.

(I'm not racist and I'm not bulletproof because I'm white.

Dumbest tweet I've ever read by the way.

That's the crap that spreads the hate and racism!!!!!)

Im a poor white boy from the city im not racist and if do a crime i will end up doing the time so im not bulletproof either .
I say its not a black or white thing but more a culture thing .

If you have the attitude that hey im a hardcore thug i listen to rap and all the hate filled things they say .

Well then dont be surprised if people treat you like a thug and stay away and want nothing to do with you.
And that dont matter if you black or white.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Im a half scotish,half irish scouser(liverpudlien)
My sexy hippy chick is half chinese,half jamacan
our son is,white blue eyes with blond hair
luckily we dont live in a place that is overtly racised
allthough my lad has had the odd fight in school because of comments about his mum,but kids will be kids and at primary
They are only parroting stuff they hear at home.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm half American Indian and half what jumped over the fence. I have a black great aunt AND a German cousin. No kids.

My Father was a super white county boy. I say yes sir and yes ma'am; )

Isn't it something, we all bleed the same color......

Great thread OP.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Color does matter. I want me a green womern, dammit.

Found her for ya!

Love playing matchmaker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join