It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Matters: American Holy Day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well we don’t have to worry about religion taking over America, no theocratic state here, don’t worry about it.

There’s already a theocratic state in America and today is the chief holiday of American theocracy: Black Friday…or perhaps a better more accurate term would be: Green Friday! Or Greed Friday!

There is no God but Consumerism and the Almighty Dollar is its Profit

The Dollar Bill is Lord!

Just look at all these devout Americans worshiping their God in the name of the Dollar Bill
How wonderful! Glory to the Lord of Hosts as his true believers serve him so faithfully

Jihad comes to America

Get at the end of the line!

edit on 27-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Who afraid of ISIS now?

They should send these people over to Syria tonight!

www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 27-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
O I think there is a God...Because they'll be asking God for food, water, and warmth, or just to live when there broke and alone.

Like usual.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Animals, disgusting behavior. Easily can see why other's hate us, I hate us. Merry Christma$.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It is a Holiday, just not Holy. A spending day like every other Holy-, I mean Holiday.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Stores should be closed on Black Friday and all sales referred to online stores. People can't control themselves when there's limited supplies of highly demanded goods. And camping in line for electrics, or whatever, is stupid.

imgur.com...

How I camp out for black Friday deals

edit on 27-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What are you going to do?

The people are addicted to consumerism which in itself isn’t a bad thing but when it controls you its dangerous.

Btw I hope the kids alright

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OP why do you hate Christmas? Don't you know posting anything negative about Black Friday is part of the War on Christmas? NOW GET OUT THERE AND SHOP.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

All Fridays Matter

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Worked in retail for years and always dreaded the Black Friday shifts. One year there was a big huge sale on down comforters and two women got in to a fight right in the middle home department, there were kids in the area at the time too. One lady beat the crap out of the other lady, it was awful. The police showed up, arrested one of them and an ambulance took the other one to the hospital. It was unreal!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Disgusting to watch.

I have never and will never be a part of that idiotic madness.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Basically I will meme this because I do not partake in this event.. Yes I am American but not this American..

edit on 11/27/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Amazon Prime baby!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Blah blah blah,,,
Eeeevil!
Of all the stupid # people do now days why is Black Friday any worse?
Oh yeah, you don't like it...suck it up and watch football. Oh wait, those have commercials.
Just read a book.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Love the sign. Black Friday is bad enough with people fighting and stampeding for merchandise. What's worst, are these retailers who put greed ahead of their employees by disrupting their family Thanksgiving dinner. They simply have no heart or consideration for their employees. These people can't even enjoy a day off with relatives and family members because these stores want to open there doors on Thanksgiving day. I stay home and don't support it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Much as I detest Black Friday personally... ...and, baby, I do.

Most Black Friday sales aren't quite like that, thank God. Though I"m not sure God is much in evidence in that particular instance... *smh*.

Our local Wal-mart wasn't anything remotely like that. Crowded? That's putting it mildly... Insane? Not so much...

Many of the local small stores had Black Friday sales, as well... No riots reported. No brawls. Just busy, busy, busy.

Many people, though I've never understood it, do most of their Christmas shopping today... Bargains can be had. ...and not always on cheap stuff made in China by slave wage paid employees in business's owned by billionaires. Many of them are small locally owned shops that make their own goods.

There's a leather shop here in my little town that had a black friday sale, gotta remember to ask him the next time I go in how he did.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I will wait for Bargain Thursday this year, From The Saturday after Christmas to Thursday December 31st, along with the Exchange madness that happens you have stores trying to dump inventory before the New Taxable period starts. It is during this time if you are so inclined to Haggle you can get some better then Black Friday Deals.

Reason being On Jan 1st everything in stores still on the shelf that is taxable gets taxed. Yep Uncle Scam gets his even if there is not a sale made...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Well we don’t have to worry about religion taking over America, no theocratic state here, don’t worry about it.

There’s already a theocratic state in America and today is the chief holiday of American theocracy: Black Friday…or perhaps a better more accurate term would be: Green Friday! Or Greed Friday!

There is no God but Consumerism and the Almighty Dollar is its Profit

The Dollar Bill is Lord!

Just look at all these devout Americans worshiping their God in the name of the Dollar Bill
How wonderful! Glory to the Lord of Hosts as his true believers serve him so faithfully

Jihad comes to America

Get at the end of the line!

Well, of course.

This is the plan for all of us after they finish 'stamping' out religion. Money and the Government will be what people worship going forward.
edit on 2015/11/27 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Someone pulled a gun at the local Lowes here today...

ANCHORAGE – A man reportedly pulled a gun at an Anchorage Lowe’s on Black Friday after an employee asked to see the man’s receipt for a power tool.

The man walked into the Tudor Road store and grabbed a DeWalt power tool, according to a Lowe’s employee who asked not to be named.

At one point, a manager asked to see a receipt for the power tool. The man then reportedly pulled out a gun and said, “This is my receipt.”

The man then took off.

KTVA

Horray for consumerism, Black Friday and the decline of social order and common human decency!

Really, are "things" worth so much to people these days that we will trample others, fight others, and even pull GUNS on one another for them?

Out society is rotten through, we fetishize material goods and behave like programmed consumer-bots.
edit on 27-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think black friday, and those consumed by it is quite ridiculous.

That being said, who are we to judge? I would rather see people have minor fights over tangible things than MURDER and RAPE entire towns, villages, cities, countries etc over some intangible god.

How about you loathe the negative aspects of yourselves instead of generalizing everyone else bc of how it is portrayed in the media.

If everyone started focusing on their own issues instead of judging others maybe we could all start to make some social progress.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join