It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The New National Crime Agency Boss Worth Her Salary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

The new head of the National Crime Agency will be Lynne Owens, making her the most senior woman ever in British law enforcement.

. . . a salary of £214,000.
www.theguardian.com...

www.policeprofessional.com...

At one time I would have thought that salary ridiculous. Then I experienced the feeling of responsibility. I found out I had essential information about an oil rig that had to be given to a Health and Safety inspector. For three days, as I checked and double checked every bit of information, I felt I had responsibility for the lives of everyone on board. After making the phone call that feeling of responsibility lifted, and I thought, 'Whatever that guy earns, he's worth it'.

Boss of the NCA is a big responsibility.

You get what you pay for.

She's worth it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well you dont want a brainless incompetent heading the agency.

And you wont attract the best paying minimum wage.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

What a strange post! I'll not dwell on the oil rig story, because I think you've covered that in another post. But wait, what's this? Someone saying that a senior public servant is underpaid!! I think that has to be a first in the history of this country. As it happens, I agree with you. I've worked with many who are earning 50% of her salary, for about 2% of the responsibility. And they could pretty much knock off at 5 pm most of the time. I bet she can't.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Kester, no one in that organisation is worth their salary, because it simply should not exist.

The decision to start such an agency in the UK was at worst absurd in general, and at best timed FANTASTICALLY badly. At a time where front line policing is basically a laughing stock, underfunded, understaffed, and over stretched, at a time where more money is being ploughed into privacy invasion than actual street level policing, starting such an agency was probably the worst thing that the government could have elected to do.

Essentially, this organisation is nothing more than a vast expenditure which cannot possibly justify its cost, or even its very existence at this point.

Until front line policing is fixed and ring fenced, our focus as a nation where policing is concerned should be on putting more beat officers on the streets, and on NOTHING ELSE UNTIL THAT IS DONE AND DONE WELL!

You can thank that awful Theresa "Clone of Thatcher, Overmistress of Hell" May, for wasting our tax money on this idiotic venture into Americanised policing strategy, and so dooming us to slower response times upon calling the police, a reduced visible street presence, and an increase in public disorder which will begin to bite not long from now.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I say give the NCA a chance. All its really doing is rebranding already existing departments and agencies and putting them together under one roof... You never know it might actually improve things.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord

Improvements on the scale which are needed, start at the street, and work their way upward. From foundation to pinnacle, and not the other way around. I have nothing but bad feelings about the NCA and what will become of our regular police force in times to come, as a result of the creation of the NCA.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It might bring greater harminy to the way police operations are carried out in the ground.

new topics

top topics

join