It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those U.S. folk who are alone today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For those of us who are alone today, come on in and make yourself at home.

I for one am spending the day by myself. I do not have family, and my husband has to work today. We need the money, so the holiday pay is nice, but it makes for a lonely day. Fishing for invites always seems to fail for me, so I no longer bother. The worst rejection I ever received was, "You wouldn't know anyone, and I wouldn't want you to feel awkward." No, I would have known at least two people and would have been thrilled to not have spent the day alone. Oh well.

I am going to go curl up in bed with my cat and a good book. I may not reply right away, but pleas emak yourself at home and we can weather the day together.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Awww, Sorry you are alone right now Honey! HUGS! You have your ATS family here if you want to hang out.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I spend alot of time on my own. My brother lives with me but he spends all days and nights working different shifts, so I only see him briefly.

a reply to: calstorm

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I love to read! What are you reading?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Been doing Holidays alone (or on the job) for a long time. Get invited all the time. It's great that people feel the need or desire to invite one to their holiday festivities. That's how it was growing up at my house our house was the place to go when other kids didn't have a place to go. At this time in my life I really enjoy the holidays alone with the dogs I get to catch up on things and have peace and quiet. I also get a great nights sleep without waking up at 2 a.m. lol.

I do not go home w/my wife b/c her mother is krwy kray.... she's good with that and it's best that I stay put out of sight out of mind. Gobble gobble enjoy your time

After all you're not really alone you have your ATS' family

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thanks, i'll join you in being alone

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
For those of us who are alone today, come on in and make yourself at home.

I for one am spending the day by myself. I do not have family, and my husband has to work today. We need the money, so the holiday pay is nice, but it makes for a lonely day. Fishing for invites always seems to fail for me, so I no longer bother. The worst rejection I ever received was, "You wouldn't know anyone, and I wouldn't want you to feel awkward." No, I would have known at least two people and would have been thrilled to not have spent the day alone. Oh well.

I am going to go curl up in bed with my cat and a good book. I may not reply right away, but pleas emak yourself at home and we can weather the day together.

Don't worry with the NSA you are never alone.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am alone today. No special feast. No family or friends to hang with. Zip. (except you all, of course!)

But you know what? I am completely happy and content with all this and not bothered or lonely in the least. I've taken a moment to acknowledge I'm healthy, have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and money in the bank. Thanks to my good fortune has been given as well as a nod to those less fortunate with a charitable cash donation to a benevolent cause I support.

The quote from Einstein, "I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity" rings true for me. With things to busy my mind and hands of my own design and interest, I do not feel left out or that I'm missing anything. I am content and my life is full and rewarding.

So no family arguments or heated emotional discussions. I don't have to watch football on TV and at 2:00 in the afternoon, think I might get around to taking my pj's off and have a shower? No phones ringing from my customers with problems, the sun is shining and today is wonderful and peacefully quiet. Yay!

For those that are alone or sad today, here's a hug and smile to brighten your day. ((hug))

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wonderful Lady.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I've been told to be on "Stand by/ready to report for duty" status from 05:00 this morning. I was so upset that couldn't sleep too much. They didn't call me and took the family to the closest buffet "all you can eat" restaurant. Turkey will have to wait in the fridge.

I spent many lonely holidays before, now you are part of my memories of this Thanksgiving day. This post is all I can do to make you feel better, not too much but from my heart.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This was nice of you. I am alone 95% of the time.

I'm divorced and my son lives in another state. I've kinda grown accustomed to being by myself. It sure does beat having to deal with people that you know will stab you in the back.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear. We are never really 'alone', God is always with us. I am at home with my sick child. He is wrapped in a blanket, vomiting. My husband and daughter left to have dinner with family friends. Yes, we have still have much to be grateful for. And when you are trying to arrange for holiday get togethers, it can be'ugly'. I can't believe someone told you that. That's horrible. The invites got hairy here, the family that usually hosted, told everyone they're not doing anything, and it goes on and on. I got sick of it, I told my husband im taking all the pies and passing them out to the homeless and I'm not seeing anyone just volunteering at a soup kitchen. But I'm here with my sick child and I'm thankful he's alive and I have plenty of blessings.
Proverbs 17:21
Better a dry crust eaten in peace, than a house filled with feasting and conflict.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hate to hear of anyone being alone during the holidays. Being surrounded by loved ones is what thanksgiving is all about. So I could see spending today in solitude, could make someone feel down in The dumbs. I am an only child and raised by a single mother. About a quarter of our extended family is out of the country(Czech Republic & UK) or foreign citizens. The latter group,?are more patriotic than most people who's family's have been here for generations. To the point of us having to remind them it's okay to embrace their birth country too! (They even are excited to pay taxes. Lol)They just appreciate the fact that their dreams of becoming Americans has come true. Their pros at celebrating 4th of July (kind of ironic considering where some of them are from) but they haven't embraced Thanksgiving in the traditional since. They, instead, take advantage of the four day weekend each year and go to either Vagas or their Mammoth cabin. Then all but 4 of my relatives live either on the east coast or Midwest. Those four, then, will travel to spend it with our family out of state. My mom and I are always invited but one of us is usually tied up with work or other responsibilities that require us to be local. So my mom and I usually have a "friendsgiving" for the other orphans in our lives. The only thing is, my mom is an a**hole and so are her friends so I stopped inviting any of mine. This year, I decided to host thanksgiving at my house. I figured that I would have to be respected in my own home and they couldn't criticize must if I was paying for and cooking everything. I was wrong! They may even be worse this year, criticizing my home. It's a cozy condo near the beach that I even had my cleaner come over yesterday to make sure it was emasculate. One of them lives in a dump that she lives at for free because she receives some type of government help that pays her rent directly to the landlord. Even she joined in on the bashing. Anyways, i had to sneak away for a breather and started thinking I'd rather be alone.
If you're in the same predicament next year, instead of fishing for invited m, I'd directly ask for one. One thanksgiving my mom was going somewhere I didn't want to go so I asked all my friends at the same time "what one of you lucky people is going to have me over for thanksgiving?" They all, but two, immediately said I was welcome at their home (or their family's homes). If I didn't clewrly ask, my friends would have been too ditzy to realized my motives.
Or you could always find a few other "orphan" friends to celebrate together. Put a post out on Facebook asking if anyone needed plans. You could even host something later in the evening that people could attend after their family functions. Once you host, invites will be coming in every year to repay the favor.
Hope you find some smiles today and know we are hear for you!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
completely alone, but I always am. I used to be the sort of person who craved to be around people, but i guess thats just not meant to be. the one person I love, hates me, and everyone else walked away over a decade ago.

but it's ok, it's not a holiday here.. just another friday.

at least when I drink I talk to myself i suppose... when not being moderated.. :/

something something day to you all..

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Wonderful Lady.

Thank you for the kind words!

I fell asleep after first posting, but I'm around if anyone needs to talk.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's always sad to hear of people alone on such a day. But I hope that anyone here who had a day of solitude had a pleasant one, and I hope that in spite of this there were lots of things to reflect on and be thankful for. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving where I'm from, but it's a lovely sentiment and I have been fortunate to be invited to an American-style feast/ celebration in the past - which was great.

Lots of people here in England spend Christmas isolated and alone - I would love nothing more than to be able to afford to host isolated elderly/vulnerable people at Christmas and give them at least momentary respite from their situations. A great meal, fun, music and potential to meet friends and companions in similar situations.

In order to do this I better do the lottery I guess, it's seems that many of those capable of such gestures for the less fortunate rarely look beyond themselves and their comfortable existence.

That said, I am thankful for the people of this site who can look beyond the rhetoric and resist the vacuous, consumer-driven ideals that we are fed and that many have submitted and subscribed to. Knowledge is
and has always been the currency of power - control the flow of knowledge and obscure truth with fiction - and you maintain power.
Keep sharing information and calling BS when you see it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

I can relate.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DesertFather7

Welcome to ATS! What a nice post.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Nightstar, you are so respected and appreciated around here. I hope you are doing well. I know the last couple months have been tough. Stay strong.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thank you for the kind welcome

All the best

top topics

<<   2 >>

join