It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish embassy in Moscow pelted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Turkish embassy in Moscow was pelted with various objects on Wednesday in a furious protest over the downing of the Russian bomber over Syria. Numerous images and videos on social media show broken glass and stained walls

And they burned the Turkish flag, seems the Russian youngsters are eager to war with Turkey, what do you guys think?
edit on 20152611 by rajas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Those are your typical reactions one would expect from a group of patriotic citizens of a country such as Russia. One should not expect any different from other countries patriotic citizens, if were in a similar context.

Those few patriots, numbering around 900, however do not represent the views of the general Russian populace regarding Turkey in any way shape or form.

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I disagree. If only because you do not know that.

Just like every single thing that is spouted about groups of people vocal enough to voice their concern - they do not represent blah blah.

you cannot state categorically this.

You, at best, hope it is the case...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Invoke article V !
edit on 26-11-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

I saw this on BBC news earlier. I've not heard of any arrests for this vandalism so I agree. I think the concensus is that the Russian people are pretty pissed right now.

Eta: Including the police force ; )
edit on 26-11-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Maybe hope at best, but historically it's still accurate. Whether it's the party outside the Whitehouse after the Bin Laden news broke or a protest at an embassy, the large portion of those populations are going on about their lives (for better or worse I may add, its more of a "not my problem, doesn't put bread on my table" thing)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Imagine if the roles were reversed...I doubt the Turks stop with eggs.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Maybe hope at best, but historically it's still accurate. Whether it's the party outside the Whitehouse after the Bin Laden news broke or a protest at an embassy, the large portion of those populations are going on about their lives (for better or worse I may add, its more of a "not my problem, doesn't put bread on my table" thing)

We are not seeing history. We are making history.

This world is not as it was, the people not as they were. this is a new entire thing.

global. not small minded ethnicity, unless it is forced, and then you see extremism.

I can imagine Russia absolutely pissed at Turkey. Hell I am pissed, and Im in Australia.

but then I also know this is all a game. this is nothing more than act-react and let the dumb populace call the next move - fed by hysterics and media propaganda.

I know this. It is obvious as hell..

Still, do not underestimate the ire of a country. You may see a few, but there are many more who support it.

goes both ways too I might add.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I feel you are quite right.

2nd

Bally

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Well, Turkey are essentially responsible for the murder of two Russian soldiers and the destruction of two Russian military aircraft, when Russia are trying to help protect the world from terrorism.......I would be pretty annoyed too.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Russia have no interest whatsoever of protecting the world from terrorism. Not even close.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
As a previous poster noted
" They'l be angry for a year, but by the time the holidays arrive they just go back to Turkey"

Seems spot on if you ask me. Unless something really messed up happens in the next week I think this will remain an isolated event.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Not surprising given the russian propaganda.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

How when the plane violated turkish airspace?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Obviously the governments encouraging this in the back ground.

a little wink to Turkey letting them know how easily they could be made to look weak!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

phuck Turkey!!! they back and supply ISIS (its like you completely ignore this fact).

Everyone should be cheering Russia for having the balls to bomb ALL SYRIA REBELS into the dirt. Its like no one remembers the fairty tale 9/11, Iraqi Insurgency, Paris, Madrid or London - the people Russia are bombing want to cut your head off and put it on youtube!...

I hope the Russians fly over every day at dawn and at dusk now the S400's are in place.

Turkey would never dare put a plane in the air.

If you don't get behind Russia's efforts to wipe out ISIS and its sister groups at all costs (up to and including giving Turkey the big finger) then you obviously are ignoring the obvious facts.

edit on am540308262015-11-26T05:40:55-06:00052015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You don't class unarmed person(s) being shot to death whilst parachuting to the ground as murder?

And it is yet to be established as fact that they violated Turkish airspace, one word against another.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I dont and neither does international law. Even more so when you are bombing the very group in question. What you expected them to be met with open arms and tea?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yet they shot down a russian jet in their airspace. Seems Turkey will stand up to russian aggression after all.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

We only have Turkeys word (evidence can be manufactured) that Russia did violate their airspace.

Regardless, Turkeys actions undermine efforts to take out terrorists.....wrong reaction, that no matter what, legal or not, a few second incursion doesn't morally justify.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join