It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish embassy in Moscow pelted

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: crazyewok

Then there should be no issues admitting the real reason russia is in syria, and its not isis.

I aleady admit they are there for there own intrests. But if it gets Syria back under control then fine.

End of the day UK and USA have had there own wars for there own intrests so we cant exactly point fingers.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

They said it was to fight isis, which it wasnt.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
That's not what I remember from news broadcasts a while back, however I'll look into it and provide sources if I'm right about this.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

RT - Russian parliament unanimously approves use of military in Syria to fight ISIS

“The military goal of the operation is strictly to provide air support for the [Syrian] government forces in their fight against Islamic State,” he said.

oops... looks like they lied... again.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh I agree it can, but some people are far too quick to take Turkeys word for it when it is still an unknown.

Big bad Russia could never be in the right.

I'm not siding with Russia over the airspace thing,, I'm taking the moral approach and saying even it did happen, shooting them down for such a petty thing is ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Yet you guys didnt feel the same when syria downed the turkish jet that violated its airspace. I would wager if coalition aircraft were downed in syria by syria the response would be they shouldnt be in syrian airspace.

The moral approach has some flaws...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If there was no threat, then yes, Syria probably overreacted.

But then Syria want rid of ISIS, Turkey (allegedly) is supporting them, if this turns out to be true, even if just buying cheap oil, then I say let Russia violate it's [Turkey] airspace all it wants, and not to forget to drop a few Christmas crackers in the process.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Keep going Turkey, keep prodding the bear. Turkey's been assisting and condoning ISIS for a few now. Russia will expose how NATO in general, especially the USA, has been propping up ISIS. That's why the US has been totally contrarian to what everything Putin's been doing vis-a-vis Syria.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is one source stating Russia's intent on working with Assad, before they started their campaign in Syria.
It's dated at: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:00pm BST.

Russia could join anti-IS coalition if conditions met

Moscow could "theoretically" join the U.S.-led coalition fighting Islamic State in Syria and Iraq if its conditions are met, Interfax news agency quoted Ilya Rogachev, a director at the Russian foreign ministry, as saying on Friday.

Moscow wants its long-time ally Damascus to be included in the international efforts to combat IS and says any international military operation in Syria should have a United Nations mandate.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't post very much on this site but I read alot.

It is very simple black and white.
Russia wants Syria/Iraq stabilised for self interest, interest of its allies and interest for the entire region. Even the world in general. We are all fed up of these NATO fed terrorist proxy wars. Russia is the only one to stand up to the plate.
Does Russia have hidden motives? for the longer road sure they do. What state does not? but Russia is not the imperial bully here, nor do they aspire to be.

You can Spin it how you like but Syria has a legitimate government which is under attack from armed extremist groups(Terrorists) ''moderate opposition forces'' Is a lovely phrase the western media throws around, which is pure bunk and double speak straight from the CIA.

''We (NATO club/cartel) support/arm moderate opposition forces whom are fighting the barbaric ragime of Assad'' paraphrasing

Which really means Assad has to go because he wouldn't roll in bed with us with our gas line deal we offered so we pay terrorists groups to take down his country from within. Support various factions. pit them against each other and Assad just to keep the public confused about who is the good guys. Guess what! They are all working for the same interest group. no good guys! all terrorists no matter who they like or not if they partake in the distruction of a country as they are they are terrorists.

So NATO desimate the country and lay their pipe line anyway. Not forget create a new Wahabi state ISIS/IS with the same model as the creation of Zionist Israil as it's theatrical foe. all serving the same interest group of the NWO.

To say that Russia is not fighting ISIS in very silly, unless it is because ISIS does not exist...

I wanted to say more but I'm tired....

I have one question!

Why are so many of you wasting your time arguing with whom are extremely obvious Shills/Trolls with an agenda of some sort?
Probably not even human but some nifty code.
edit on 26-11-2015 by ANTHONY33 because: Because

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes they sold it y saying attacking ISIS, which they arent doing. ISIS is no where near the area russia was trolling in. The bulk of russian strikes have targeted groups that arent ISIS, contrary to their stated reason for being in Syria.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Are the rebels, that are being bombed by Russia, only fighting ISIS or also fighting against Assad?
I'm not picking sides here, however I think it's strange that certain rebel factions are sponsored by the West in this conflict.
It's a cheap way of having groundtroops in the region without sending their own troops in my opinion.
Or are the Armenian Turks south of the Turkish border considered to be the good guys in this?
If they are, then they shouldn't be bombed, however how can you tell? Because Turkey says so?
I also found it strange, that after years of conflict about independance, Turkish Kurds are now being armed and funded to fight against ISIS in the region.
In my opinion, there are too many different groups and organizations fighting in that region now, while they all have different reasons and motivations in doing so.
I think ISIS is not the only threat at large and that this conflict can potentially last for years even after ISIS has been destroyed or disbanded.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Both... And Russia is only attacking groups fighting assad.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

And ?

Thats the only way to get Syria back under any sort of control.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And ?

Thats the only way to get Syria back under any sort of control.

I couldn't of said it any clearer than that.
Obvious they (NATO Northern Alliance of Terror Operations) want it out of control as part of their long running blueprint for the Med/ME
edit on 26-11-2015 by ANTHONY33 because: I farted

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Read the conversation before interjecting. He was implying the group was not fighting isis when they are. Russia seems to be the only one not fighting Isis.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, it might be more accurate to say, that I was implying that the Armenian Turks are used as pawns by Turkey in both the fight against ISIS and Assad, which is why the Russians are bombing them currently.

Also, what will happen with the Turkish Kurds who now have been armed to fight against ISIS, after ISIS is defeated?
Will Turkey welcome them back into the country, or is it hoping they'll seize a part of Syria instead to found their own state?

There's alot of dirty scheming going on and lot of people being used for different or even opposing causes here.
It's very hard for outsiders to judge any merit to those causes, seeing how biased or censored our media resources are.

edit on 26-11-2015 by Tyrion79 because: typo

edit on 26-11-2015 by Tyrion79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
Well, it might be more accurate to say, that I was implying that the Armenian Turks are used as pawns by Turkey in both the fight against ISIS and Assad, which is why the Russians are bombing them currently.
How is Turkish Armenians have gotten into your narrative ? Syrian Armenians are the main spy ring for Russian in Syria , everyone knows that . Iranians & Armenians do work closely in the area to further their own agenda .
Syria and Turkey share a long border , region , culture , history , religion . Yet you are convinced that Russian Christians + Shia Iranians backed by Chinese are best suited party to be judge & jury of Sunni muslims .

Also, what will happen with the Turkish Kurds who now have been armed to fight against ISIS, after ISIS is defeated?
Nothing will happen to them , they will come back and go to their lives in a normal way. Turks & Kurds co-existed like this for 1000 years .

Will Turkey welcome them back into the country, or is it hoping they'll seize a part of Syria instead to found their own state?

Part of Northern Iraqi Kurdistan Region will join Turks and Turkmens in Syria will also follow suit ; so yes the maps are going to change a bit both in Iraq & Syria .

There's alot of dirty scheming going on and lot of people being used for different or even opposing causes here.
It's very hard for outsiders to judge any merit to those causes, seeing how biased or censored our media resources are.

Fair point equally applicable to almost all countries .

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432
Armenian Turks could be a mixup on my part, sorry, I probably meant Turkmen.
(although weren't Armenian Turks also in that region?)

Nothing will happen to them , they will come back and go to their lives in a normal way. Turks & Kurds co-existed like this for 1000 years .

I agree they co-existed for a very long time, however it can hardly be described as peaceful don't you think?
Just look at all news revolving PKK in recent years to confirm this, I even personally know Kurdish refugees here in Holland, that arrived more than 20 yrs ago and have now settled in.

To be clear, I'm not picking sides here, however if Turkey wants to attack Assad, it should do so on their own account and not through arming rebels.
Same goes for any nation, fighting a war through arming of other people.
I think Russia is one of the few countries, that is actually quite clear in it's campaign, compared to other parties involved.
You might disagree on this, but that's the way I see it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join