It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish embassy in Moscow pelted

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Now only if Russia was attacking ISIS instead of Assads enemies.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If a Toyota land cruiser full of ISIS dogs drove across the border into Turkey... and in order to destroy it the Russian jet had to cross the border for 17seconds to shoot it.. would you rather they did or they didn't?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

They are attacking ISIS, as well as other terrorist rebel groups who are fighting the democratically elected president of Syria, who happens to be an ally of Russia.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If Ukraine was attacking terrorists in the east and crossed into russia briefly to do it would Russia be ok with it?

I would go with no since they downed ukrainian jets in ukrainian airspace.

Second Russia downed KAL 007 for briefly violating its airspace.

They were warned to stay out of turkish airspace and ignored it.
They werent attacking ISIS.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Democratically elected... are you joking? The Assad family is elected like Kim Jong Un and his family.

link   

you cant even answer a simple question with a simple answer.

typical..

you seem smart but only offer up total garbage for discussion! is it deliberate or something else?

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Engage the topic and dont make it personal.

I answered his question.

edit on 26-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Democratically elected... are you joking? The Assad family is elected like Kim Jong Un and his family.

Yes, they had an election, 11.63 million Syrians voted, Assad got 88.7% of the votes.....

Just because the West doesn't like him doesn't mean it wasn't democratic.
edit on 26/11/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

lol ok

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Now only if Russia was attacking ISIS instead of Assads enemies.

Then what is the point?

What the point in attacking one terrorist group if you don’t have a goal and central government to hand the country onto?

Democracy in the ME doesn’t work.

You take out ISIS and you take out Assad then what? You left with a dozen other groups! None of which will stop fighting and sit down for a cup of tea and sort the mess out in a civilised way. No they will carry on fighting creating a power vacuum so another ISIS can emerge.

I would rather Syria be put back under control of Assad/Russia for him to keep order within his own country (by what ever means) and stop the violence spilling out to us than for the UK/USA to be dragged into another ME quagmire that to try and fix a situation we cant fix and just make things worse like every other ME we have touched!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas
And so the madness starts...
Is the Russian embassy in Ankara still unscathed?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

My guess is to support Assad by hiding behind attacking ISIS.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

My guess is to support Assad by hiding behind attacking ISIS.

But that’s the thing.

To stop ISIS you need to get Syria back under a government.

Only movement in place is Assad, the rest are just terrorist rabble fighting among themselves in there many factions.

If you removed Assad and ISIS the civil war wont end. It will just continue with new groups and you will likely get a new ISIS emerge.

To get Syria back under government control Russia, France and any one else wanting o stop ISIS is going to have to attack any group that’s not fighting for unification of Syria under a central government.

Supporting Assad in my opinion is a nessary evil to get Syria back under control and stop ISIS.
I dont like Assad. But I am not at war with Assad and he doesnt want me dead, ISIS is at war with my country and ISIS does want me dead.

edit on 26-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You dont need that to attack ISIS, especially since they have their own area carved out. Its an excuse to protect their base in syria and nothing more. If it were about ISIS Russia should have been involved a year + ago and werent.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

We only have Turkeys word (evidence can be manufactured) that Russia did violate their airspace.

Regardless, Turkeys actions undermine efforts to take out terrorists.....wrong reaction, that no matter what, legal or not, a few second incursion doesn't morally justify.

LOL you say this as if evidence can't be manufactured on both sides.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You dont need that to attack ISIS, especially since they have their own area carved out. Its an excuse to protect their base in syria and nothing more. If it were about ISIS Russia should have been involved a year + ago and werent.

Ok you bomb it and bomb it and bomb it, then put some boots on the ground to clear up the rabble.

Then what? Who administers the area? Again elections and democracy are a fairy tale. You will just get some more Jidahis move by another name. Better to give it back to Assad.

I really don’t care what motives Russia have in Syria. So what they have a base? USA has hundreds and the UK has a few dozen too round the world. Let Russia have it, I really dont care what there motives are behind there desire to get Syria back under control.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Then there should be no issues admitting the real reason russia is in syria, and its not isis.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Then what? Who administers the area? Again elections and democracy are a fairy tale. You will just get some more Jidahis move by another name. Better to give it back to Assad.

This is pretty much why Libya/Iraq/Afghanistan are so FckT right now. Because no one ever thought about " but what happens after we bomb it "

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Then there should be no issues admitting the real reason russia is in syria, and its not isis.

I don't think Russia made any secret about backing Assad when they started to get involved.
ISIS is just one of the groups that are threat to the Syrian regime.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Especially Afghanistan where russia (ussr) spent a decade also...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join