It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rescue Helicopter shot down by U.S trained Syrians.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok so Turkey shot down a Russian Jet. but since then U.S.-trained Free Syrian Army firing an anti-tank missile and destroying the helicopter sent by Russian forces to rescue the surviving pilot.

So we have USA trained Muslim terrorist shooting down Russians, to The American members here' you could be dragged into a war with Russia, shooting down the plane was one thing and talks were starting whether it was in Turkey or Syria.

But shooting down a rescue helicoper changes things, the story is in the dailymail and they say a video is there also but you don't know whether to trust videos' How do you feel about this.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It wasn't shot down, it was landed and stopped at the time. The video is already on Youtube.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

So we have USA trained Muslim terrorist shooting down Russians, to The American members here' you could be dragged into a war with Russia, shooting down the plane was one thing and talks were starting whether it was in Turkey or Syria.

Since when are the FSA terrorists? And what the hell does "Muslim" have to do with anything in this case, if its FSA soldiers? I don't know the details or specifics of this said incident, but the FSA are not crazy radicals, they are rebels against the Assad government.

This is why there is a refugee crisis, because Assad is a dictator at war with his own peoples. Syrians flee because Assad conscripts them into the army. It's also a lost cause as they FSA doesnt have enough manpower or firepower to topple the government, (which deserves to be toppled).

So instead you had Daesh (ISIS) move in and start claiming territory in the country. On one side you have Assad, then Radicals, and then the FSA which numbers of dwindled over the years. For awhile they fought along side other groups, but if you watch the interviews you see they are normal people, at one point a battalion was being led by a former plumber.

They also had in fighting, radicals would get into their ranks to try and sabotage or convert them over to a different fight [radical ideology], and it was around that time when the US started making prerequisites before giving any arms. They also refused to arm them at one time as well, because arms ended up in the wrong hands, so they could only train them. And they had screening to try and prevent radical groups from getting any benefit.

In any case, at one time there were decent people just trying to fight a totalitarian regime. Warning: Graphic Content - Assads Men It's not hard to find out what Assads regime is like over there.

As for them shooting at the Russians, yeah, the Russians have been bombing FSA targets for Assad. The FSA have also been tracking civilian casualties, and Assad has attacked civilians repeatedly over the last 5 years.

Just another thread in Putins digital army on ATS. All hail glorious leader.

edit on 24-11-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So the 'good guys' executed the Russians hanging in their chutes, too?

zerohedge

Earlier today, just hours after Turkey shot down a Russian Su-24 warplane near the border with Syria, the FSA (more specifically Alwiya al-Ashar) released footage of fighters celebrating over the body of a dead Russian pilot.

The group would later claim to have executed both pilots after they ejected from the plane and attempted to parachute to safety.

Video within the link.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Welcome to what is war.

2nd

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

They are saying live on the BBC that it was shot down, but I actually would trust your source of the internet rather than the BBC, no doubt we will find out in a few hours.

But the fact like a third world country like Turkey could start a war with Russia and it being a Nato Country we could all be dragged into it, I'm not sure I would like to go to war with Russia because of trigger happy Turks. If you see the map the Turks produced claiming where Russia crossed its a joke, how they could even try and justify that as a threat.

A few British football fans have been killed by Turks and they are not arrested as they Claim they insulted the Turkish flag so they get off, It's a fked up nation and we are expected to back them.

I know a lot of the people will not back them whether they are in Nato or not. If there is one nation on earth I would not choose a war with its Russia.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

This is why there is a refugee crisis, because Assad is a dictator at war with his own peoples.

No, because NATO started the war by proxy in Syria, lying about it being a revolution.

Shooting down the Russian plane bears that out. The Russians are actually bombing the terrorists coming in from Turkey, thats why they got shot down.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Since when are the FSA terrorists?

Here we go, it's "moderate rebel" time haha

However you view it and no matter how bad a guy Assad is, he's still PM of Syria and in that country, the FSA are terrorists. Russia was invited to Syria to help with these terrorists, the west was not may I add which could also mean that western actions in Syria are also terrorism.

Furthermore, the Russian plane was bombing ISIS so what insanity told Turkey to shoot it down. This attack on the helicopter also seems very calculated.

Turkey with help from the west are in it up to their eye balls and they know it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So where do they make that claim> Zerohedge, of course, does not provide a link. More BS straight from the Kremlin, I guess.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

But the fact like a third world country like Turkey could start a war with Russia

Turkey is not a third world country, and it has weathered the recession better than most other countries.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

This is why there is a refugee crisis, because Assad is a dictator at war with his own peoples.

No, because NATO started the war by proxy in Syria, lying about it being a revolution.

Look at how that war started:

Pro-democracy protests erupted in March 2011 in the southern city of Deraa after the arrest and torture of some teenagers who painted revolutionary slogans on a school wall. After security forces opened fire on demonstrators, killing several, more took to the streets.

The unrest triggered nationwide protests demanding President Assad's resignation. The government's use of force to crush the dissent merely hardened the protesters' resolve. By July 2011, hundreds of thousands were taking to the streets across the country.

Opposition supporters eventually began to take up arms, first to defend themselves and later to expel security forces from their local areas.

www.bbc.com...

You can blame Russia as much as you want to blame the US. If Russia wasn't invoked Assad and his regime would have crumbled a long time ago. He's been propped up by Russia this whole time.

Before the civil war started, back during the protests, the international intelligence community only gave him a year before he would be ousted from his position. Russia is the only reason he's still in power, and likely only reason he's still alive for that matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Its not hail Putin' this is not a game or a tin pot nation its Russia, they have a different mentality a harder life, if these fools in the E.U, Nato and the U.S. Russia won't back down if pushed to far. Turkey shot down a plane that was no threat' they then shot down a rescue helicopter. And any group trying to overthrow is terrorist and there is no such thing as good terrorist or bad terrorist they are terrorists. Russia is in Syria to give support to Russia's Allie what is the USA butting its nose in for, all the terrorists in the Paris bombing well from the E.U so why attack Syria. Its to remove Assad just like Lybia and Iraq but this time the Russians have been dragged in, Its a dangerous game to play.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This whole thing is getting crazy. Why on Earth are British and US operatives training terrorists to fight those who fight ISIS - arming, financing ... This is beyond any logic.

The same goes, why on Earth targets are pre-warned before bombing them?

The whole thing is almost a perfect trap for getting world into a total war

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

This is not war' this is a few idiot Arabs with U.S weapons trying to start one' they may get their wish and watch how quick they run and leave the rest of us in the mess.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Russia is the only reason he's still in power, and likely only reason he's still alive for that matter.

Se he's hiding like Saddam in a rabbit hole somewhere?

Nice try.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

The way I see it is that the USA thinks they control a group out there' they are Muslim no one controls them, they will have all none muslim nations at each others throats, smart move if you want the west to wipe themselves out' as they do.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas
a reply to: smurfy

They are saying live on the BBC that it was shot down, but I actually would trust your source of the internet rather than the BBC, no doubt we will find out in a few hours.

But the fact like a third world country like Turkey could start a war with Russia and it being a Nato Country we could all be dragged into it, I'm not sure I would like to go to war with Russia because of trigger happy Turks. If you see the map the Turks produced claiming where Russia crossed its a joke, how they could even try and justify that as a threat.

A few British football fans have been killed by Turks and they are not arrested as they Claim they insulted the Turkish flag so they get off, It's a fked up nation and we are expected to back them.

I know a lot of the people will not back them whether they are in Nato or not. If there is one nation on earth I would not choose a war with its Russia.

Here's the link, I won't place it here from what looks like a propaganda site.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Then that is for the Syrian people to deal with not outside influences, if they want change then they take change, not change because Britain or the USA want it' you just can't go around the world doing that, what if Russia wants Obama changed and trains Mexican troops to invade the USA and then bombs the USA how would you feel about that, Britain France and the US are going around the world trying to instill democracy when we have none of our own.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was under the impression that it was Turks who shot it down because they were in their airspace

Is this not correct?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Oh, I agree. Well said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join