It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Yeah i was countering asen_y2k's claim - d'uh.

We have the US making multiple confusing statements.

The "US intelligence community" is perhaps the biggest oxymoron ever imagined!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who the F is talking about yoga?

You (and clearly the Turkish military) need to look at the bigger picture and get..a..grip.

You are, when you equate violating airspace and ignoring warnings as "Political correctness". It's not. If they violated the airspace they should have answered the warnings. If someone violates Scottish Airspace, and ignores multiple warnings, what do you want your airforce to do? I know what I want mine to do.

When did I speak about yoga? Have you lost your mind? Stick to the topic!

We liaise with Russian jets almost bi-monthly that violate our airpspace we do not shoot them down!

Already explained, my mind is not the problem here, I think you understand perfectly well and want to play the fool because the alternative would be to admit you said something stupid.

Russian bombers test airspace, they come close to test the response. They do not violate it.

Test airspace or violate airspace? Do you understand the difference? I'll tell you, there isn't one.

I didn't say anything stupid and you tried to create a link between what I said, and yoga. I'm going to go with; you said something stupid.

If you think there is no difference you are a fool. One you come CLOSE to another nations airspace, but do not enter it, the other you actually enter it. One is fine, one is not.

They do enter it, regularly.

WRONG. The ministry of defence has stated that Russian planes have never violated UK airspace, they just come provocatively close. That would be close over the sea as in 12 miles from the coast.

Turkey is different they violated Turkish air space over land armed with missiles.

The Russians are wrong they were warned and it was not the first time, they deserve what they purposely provoked. The aggressive and incorrect actions of the Russians in Syria is being increasingly exposed and the pro Putin people here on ATS are having a severe attack of Cognitive Dissonance. It is going to get a damn site worse when other countries send their planes in as well.....UK next....Jesus H.

Well said , hear hear !!!

I don't think it's pro Putin to be extremely wary of Turkey who's government is every bit as bad as Russia if not worse since members are actually influenced by radicals. They are every bit if not more repressive to their people as Russia.

Second England doesn't have a finger of its country in a war zone where terrorists just blew a passenger plane out of the sky.

If one questions why one is wary of Turkish Government ; it wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.

link   

Putin didn't talk of any military consequences for turkey -Peskov

link   
a reply to: 23432

and evidence...? you still fail to provide it..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

True.

There are three sides to every story; his side, her side...and then there's the truth.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The U.S. intelligence has become a shameful mess,they run intelligence off of trying to win campaigns it is gotten so looney.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
I'm with Putin he is the only leader of a major power that isn't cowed by political correctness.

Well, let's say ... for now.

The US/Britain/EU and Turkey are all tied with radical Islam. And ISIS retaliation to Russia, when Russia was only fighting the Rebels, reveals ISIS true ties.

edit on 24/11/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Very nice and succinct summation of why it's a big deal.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
a reply to: Realtruth

Look at Gin's post. A 10 minute warning? Really wonder they could if the plane was only about 20 seconds in their space.

Isn't it obvious?

The Turks decided, to provide "support" zones in Syria in accordance with US desires. The Russian was flying inside one of these zones, and it was being warned to "leave" the area. The Russian plane didn't respond, because it doesn't see it this way ...

This is my guess ... because the plane is downed in Syria, not Turkey. So, even if the Turks say they warned them ... they, at the very least, shot the plane down while leaving their airspace ... that, in and by itself is an act of war.

I think the US is trying to create "safe" zones inside Syria, for the rebels ... and to challenge Russian aviation superiority over Syrian airspace.

It's an act of war ... Turkey is being used as bait ... Russia has one of two choices, fight or go home ...

Chechen Brigade has joined up with Turkmen Brigade and both are eagerly awating for encounter with Russians .

Turks have been asking for a safe zone and they now got it . You are cleverer then your posts suggests .
Next the Turks going to send in the troops to secure an area to contain another possible refugee wave of 3 - 5 million Syrians.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

ISIS is like an infectious disease; people can have the best intentions, but once they are exposed to the disease they become infected. This is what you see happening in the region and, to a greater extent, all over the ME.

The disease spreads via lack of governmental structure and anarchy. It is organic and lack of control is the medium through which it spreads.

edit on 11/24/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
the "FSA" are now claiming they have hit a Russian helicopter near the plane crash site using US made TOW missile

which just shows what an out of control mess Obama presides over.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yeti101

I thought the wording was peculiar " russian " made " helicopter. Seems kinda redundant to say it was russian made.
Unless they are gonna spin the story it weren't actually russians in the chopper.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: 23432

and evidence...? you still fail to provide it..

Evidence of what ?

Google Turkmens russians bombs .

Deny Ignorance via your own work .

Think for yourself .

edit on 24-11-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Chechen Brigade has joined up with Turkmen Brigade and both are eagerly awating for encounter with Russians .

Turks have been asking for a safe zone and they now got it . You are cleverer then your posts suggests .
Next the Turks going to send in the troops to secure an area to contain another possible refugee wave of 3 - 5 million Syrians.

Fortunately, the Russians will play this down ... even if they shouldn't. This is a time, when they should be taking the dust of their nukes.

This is a game of chicken, and the Russians appear to be losing it.

link   
a reply to: yeti101

THAT is the development I referred to earlier which I hoped we wouldn't hear. This, if true, will likely escalate things more so than the downing of the fighter in my opinion.

link   

Turkey believes the two pilots from a Russian war plane it shot down close to the Syrian border on Tuesday are still alive and is working to secure their release from Syrian rebels, a Turkish government official told Reuters. “Our units, who received the information that the two pilots were alive, are working to get them from opposition rebels safely,” the official said.

Turkish Official: "Two Russian pilots still alive"

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Pilots that fly in international airspace are required to be fluent in English as are controllers. This includes military controllers near borders. English is the standard language of aviation.

As for the frequency, all aircraft fly with one radio set to what they call GUARD, or 121.5. If a controller needs to get in contact with a pilot, say they missed a frequency change, or in this case they're approaching a border, the controller will use that frequency to get in touch with them and either pass on a warning or move them to the correct frequency.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
White House: 'Russian incursion into Turkish airspace lasted seconds'

Guardian

link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

The whole area uses Russian made aircraft. Until they know who was on board it's just easier to say Russian made.

link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So let me get this straight. Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet near the Syrian border, the parachuting Russian pilots get shot by ISIS.

Turkey is responsible for aiding and abetting the death of Russian military personnel by the hands of terrorists.

Well NATO, I hope you knew what you were doing when you fast-tracked Ergodan ruthless and clearly stupid regime.

No, you didn't get it right and here you show the joke - ISIS are not known to be in that area at all, but rebels opposing the Asaad regime are....... make you wonder doesn't it?

No not really, unlike my own government I don't differentiate between FSA, Al-Nursa or ISIS, or Boko Haram or any other terrorist. When I watched the video of the TOW destroying the helicopter I certainly noticed the nice gear he was using.

Our (my) government and its patsies in the ME have gone full-on bat # crazy rogue. They don't even represent the bad half of society. The millions rotting in U.S. Prisons have more morals than my government.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join