It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've all been hoodwinked by big pharma again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You know Rick Simpson cannabis oil? You know big pharma? You know Rick Simpson is their poster child?

You know how everybody is saying things like, wow it's (cannabis) oil is so good because its free?' And 'big pharma is just waiting until it becomes legal so it can capitalize and make a ton of money?'

And how awesome Rick Simpson is? I just want to say it might be a conspiracy I mean you won't believe just how many people over 30 are talking about this miracle cure all oil and want to try some, even in the part of the world where I come from.

Could Rick Simpson and his cannabis oil just be the best 'pre-product marketing campaign ever?

I know many people who would buy the product as soon as it became legal on the market. I know I would.

Is this REALY a cure all medicine? I mean what are the odds? I think its just another case of deceptive marketing and a way for the new world order to dumb down the population.

You decide.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

who is rick Simpson, and why should I care what he says?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
You know Rick Simpson

No, I have never heard of him. Why should I know him?

You mean the Rick Simpson who makes claims he is unable to back up?

skepdic.com...
edit on 22-11-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Claims that have been made long before the advent of computers, smart phones, even electricity. Dates back hundreds of years in the medicinal benefits, cannabis and oils have been used in cultures throughout the globe.

Sorry man, but these are not "his claims." These claims have existed since before you and I were born, I can promise you this.

I don't understand the OP. I "don't know" that Rick Simpson is the posterboy for big-pharma. Care to elaborate on that, or do you just "know" it to be true?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't know ...
All I can say is that it's extremely expensive - here R700 for a month's supply.

I'd rather stick to tried and tested.

Not sure whether it's good news to toat something as a miracle cure that melts tumors.

It's promising a lot.

It hurts too to see how much raw material goes into one little flask.
It could have been used better perhaps?

edit on 22-11-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

He says he cured his skin cancer with canabis oil. I am not really sure that he did. However he touts the benefits, many of which have been proven. He wrote a book called Phoenix Tears which is apparently about his experiences and the experiences of others using canabis or hemp oil and the obstacles to make it widely available.- That was for the people who don't know who he is.

As for the OP, I really don't think he is a Big Pharma test. Can you link him to Big Pharma? Big Pharma still lobbies heavily against the use of this in medicine.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sounds like this is the modern day snake oil.

I dont doubt that the cannabis plant has good or beneficial proprieties, curing cancer(s) is not one of them - of course i dont know this for sure but do you think that scientists have not tried this at some point before now? This is where my scepticism comes from not this guy or weather his story is real or not.
edit on b5252558 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I don't know ...
All I can say is that it's extremely expensive - here R700 for a month's supply.

I'd rather stick to tried and tested.

Not sure whether it's good news to toat something as a miracle cure that melts tumors.

It's promising a lot.

It hurts too to see how much raw material goes into one little flask.
It could have been used better perhaps?

All that raw material is not wasted.
Every single trichrome is captured when making oil.
Its very concentrated.
One little drop and bam, great way to start your day.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

I dont doubt that the cannabis plant has good or beneficial proprieties, curing cancer(s) is not one of them - of course i dont know this for sure but do you think that scientists have not tried this at some point before now? This is where my scepticism comes from not this guy or weather his story is real or not.

They are allowed to try. Success without a patent is frowned upon. Viciously.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I am quite skeptical and someone who thinks cannabis cultivation and consumption should be fully legal, just like cultivating and consuming mint, basil, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, ect... is.

While I know this is a bit of a no no to discuss personal experiences, I think my experience of being highly allergic to cannabis oils needs to be mentioned. When my skin is exposed, I break out in hives.

I do not doubt there are medicinal benefits of the oil, that does not mean it will work for everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I have allergic reactions to it too....good to know I'm not the only one out there !

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I got my friend to watch the video about his oil and skin cancer. She was diagnosed with the most aggressive form of it near neck/ear and hard to operate but had surgery scheduled last April.

She used the tar, not the fancy stuff from the clinic. She tried that in the middle and it didn't do anything, it was this citrus blend. Turned out they put lemon citrus on immature plants to force them to market, when they're not developing enough medical value. Anyway, the tar, good old fashioned stuff. Bandaid. 2-3 months. Gone.

Her doctor was choked when she told him but he also said, cancel surgery.

Sorry man, tinctures are good too. Thats the stage before the oil. But you have to ensure its not that doctored up stuff, but the real old fashioned stuff.

Can turn a tincture into tar with coconut oil and a bandaid too. Its less strong, and for many thats how to do it because for many this is strong medicine.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I guess the US National Cancer Institute is full of hot air then...

National Cancer Institute

Have any preclinical (laboratory or animal) studies been conducted using Cannabis or cannabinoids?

Preclinical studies of cannabinoids have investigated the following activities:

Antitumor activity

Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.

A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.

A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.

A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.

A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.

and a little anecdotal video evidence. From no hop e of a cure, to non existent. She does say GOD helped her though, so she's probably not the best source, but the evidence is all around you... "curing cancer is not one of them..." is such a lame continuation of the status quo, while the evidence is all around you.

edit on 22-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

OK, I'm not talking from experience.
Just also curious and wondering.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

You can grow it yourself and make it yourself and try it yourself..... You do not need a company to do it for you.... That should be enough to try it...if not keep paying crazy amounts of money for the rubbish your doctor keeps prescribing you....its your choice....

I can tell you from personal experience it works and works well.... Either way it is something you need to experience for yourself as the mainstream would like it to disappear... Medicine that can be grown in ones backyard hurts the profit margin of big business

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

The simple fact we have so many canabanoid receptors in our body should be enough if an indicator

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

When big pharma & their lawyers figure out how to exclusively dominate the cannabis market it will become the next wonder cure.
It has been used for centuries around the world & only became illegal because of the US govs.

It's pointless discussing why.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

here R700 for a month's supply.

So I think he means Rand, which is apparently South African currency. I don't really know why anyone would know that... R700 sounds like a dirt bike.

Anyway, 700R translates into less than $50 USD. Boo hoo.

I may have this all wrong. I saw what I figured was a an amount of currency, saw that he was from South Africa, Googled, then used a calculator to convert.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No you're right in your calculations, I think.
Of course it's not the only variable.
Depends how much you earn.
If you earn R10 000 a month it's a doddle.
If you earn R2000 a month (or lucky enough to be on the very limited state security with HIV/AIDS), and have to pay rent and groceries, R700 is a lot.
It might as well not exist for the poor.

But maybe one can change that with legalization.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

And yet the governments of South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho keep pouring poison and destroying the crops.

Destroying medicine and a gold mine every day, apparently in line with global anti-drug treaties.

Time to trash those treaties and use our resources.

Everybody could have it virtually for free.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join