It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Reformed Later Day Cthulhu, or Fundamental Cthulhu?

There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Most cities and towns in America have sound ordinances yet in these towns they where changed to allow for the call to prayer.

Why would they have to do this when it's ok for churches to clang bells early on Sunday mornings? All religious organizations have the right to call their people to their place of worship.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Of course there are limits on all freedoms. Given. Even Justice Scalia thinks so, LOL.

Some elements of Christianity also believe in killing homosexuals; so I'm unsure of your comparison.

Were I an actual resident of Dearborn or the other place I can't recall the spelling of ... I would probably find the Calls to Prayer as obnoxious if not moreso than anyone here. I might even lobby to have the noise levels changed. As I linked above, though, the people themselves voted on "allowing" the Calls to be broadcast ... and it hasn't been an issue that I can find since sometime in 2009.

I guess they worked it out.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There is a difference.

Fundie all the way.

We are old school facilitators of his impending return and reign of horror and madness.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: yuppa

Any version of God is equivalent to Superman and/or the Easter Bunny to me.

There are Muslims here who can address your question about which God, better than I, as it's all hogwash to me.

I do remember that The Bible also says "Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Funny, I don't see that one brought up as much in these type of discussions ...

You can love your neighbor and still kill them if they tyr to hurt someone else. WOuld you yourself force anyone to worship who you worship? Also you left out a few other parts to No greater commandment than these. Such as Love the Lord God for one.
I dont see why people assume you cant kill someone and still love them while doing so. it s only murder if you do it in cold blood which needs malice and pre planning.

Oookay ... that's a scary, serial murderer kind of "love" if you ask me.

I would not force anyone to worship who I worship.

I added in Love God first ... you must have missed the edit.

Muslims do "Love God" apparently, they are willing to stop whatever they are doing five times per day and pray to Him.

Again ... your ability to draw fine distinctions in killing people is, frankly, terrifying. Murder is murder.

YEah i missed the edit apparently. And why does my ability to make such a distinction scare you? We execute killers every day,and do it without malice and hatred towards them. We pity them. we feel sorry that they could not get along with everyone else. But w e do it to prevent more deaths and the cruelty of being locked up forever until they die of old age.

Murder is not always murder if its justified.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: redhorse

Perhaps you should "read it again."

There is no distinction, whatsoever, in the Constitution about which religion's exercise shall be free.

I, personally, see almost all religion as a threat to human culture, particularly when one group of adherents believe that they are the "only ones with the Truth."

As to the rest of your ... material ... I can accept that as your opinion without discounting it fact by fact.

So, Peas be With You.

I think that you are responding a bit too quickly to have actually read the "... material ...". Which means you are being willfully, and conscientiously obtuse and have no idea what my argument actually is.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Would not bother me to hear church bells or call to prayer..in fact I might enjoy listening to it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There is a difference.

...and let's not forget the Sunni and Shiite Cthulhu sects.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There is a difference.

Fundie all the way.

We are old school facilitators of his impending return and reign of horror and madness.

What do you think about the Order of Dakka? All they do is worship The god of ammunition.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: sirlancelot

Most cities and towns in America have sound ordinances yet in these towns they where changed to allow for the call to prayer.

Why would they have to do this when it's ok for churches to clang bells early on Sunday mornings? All religious organizations have the right to call their people to their place of worship.

Firstly perhaps churches shouldnt be able to?!?! Secondly there is a big distinction from bells and words used in the adhan. there is also a big distinction in the how often said church bells go off and the 5x a day the adhan is player (starting at 6am ending at 10pm) Are you really trying to say they are the same?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Recently a town in Hamtrack, MI voted the first muslim majority city council into office. For a century this town was of heavy Polish heritage and of Catholic faith.

I'm sorry ... I've got to point this out.

This did not arise "recently" the event was in 2004. It seems the last time it was an issue at all was 2009.

As far as the "majority city council" apparently (based only on the names) it's split half and half between Muslim and non-Muslim (and that's making considerable assumptions that I wouldn't normally make.)

Of course, I'm talking here about 2015 not 2004.

Hamtramck City Council - From the City Website

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
If one religion is allowed this then all religions should be allowed this.

Lets create 5 calls for prayer that is intrusive from all faiths and all have listen to it including Muslim.

I have a feeling if Muslim was exposed to the mirror of their own behavior the maybe one day they would become self aware of what they are giving out to the world.

I'm fairly certain that American Muslims are fully aware of the hatred and intrusions of other faiths all around them.

Perhaps it is the Christians who are being reminded that Muslims are a bit more faithful to God than they are that is the problem? I can't say for sure.

Well there is some debate on What God you are referring to. Muslims tend to deny jesus was also Christ and i seem to remember a verse saying anyone who does so is a anti christ and therefore not of God.

I'm no expert when it comes to religion, but don't the Jews have pretty much the same belief when it comes to Jesus Christ?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What do you think about the Order of Dakka? All they do is worship The god of ammunition.

They too will perish when mighty Cthulhu rises from his slumber to annihilate humanity.

Unless of course Mint Berry Crunch shows up and thwarts our plans once again.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Just not going to accept my kind offer of peas, eh? Okay.

So now you know my reading speed as well? Perhaps your windy missive wasn't as profound or as dense as you seem to think?

Aside from a goodly amount of off-topic posturing, you're basically claiming that since you see Islam as a threat to America, everyone else should as well ... and you're even obliquely trying to cover that specious view with the US Constitution.

That position is, in my considered opinion, patently absurd.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They too will perish when mighty Cthulhu rises from his slumber to annihilate humanity.

Unless of course Mint Berry Crunch shows up and thwarts our plans once again.

Curse his mintyness!! *spit*

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Not for nothing, Muslims revere Prophet Isa (Jesus)in importance just a bit less than Prophet Muhammad, as I understand the jargon. They believe in the Second Coming, etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Just not going to accept my kind offer of peas, eh? Okay.

So now you know my reading speed as well? Perhaps your windy missive wasn't as profound or as dense as you seem to think?

Aside from a goodly amount of off-topic posturing, you're basically claiming that since you see Islam as a threat to America, everyone else should as well ... and you're even obliquely trying to cover that specious view with the US Constitution.

That position is, in my considered opinion, patently absurd.

And just because you don't no one else should either...? Same-same and possibly more absurd.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Good heavens, you can play tit-for-tat with someone else.

The US Constitution guarantees free exercise for all religions; consider that my repeated response to anything else you might have to claim.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This should interesting.

Religious Sound Mapping In The Mid West.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In the town I grew up in, church bells would chime in the evening. I loved it. Then the city ordinances stopped it for some reason that I can't recall now.

Laws and ordinances can be changed. As the makeup of the leadership of those local governments change, the laws and ordinances will change. Same with State and Federal governments. Even the Constitution can be amended!!

IMO, it is imperative to control and limit immigration.....that is, if you want to maintain the culture. Now, if you want to fundamentally transform our culture, then let the borders flow openly and don't put real limits on who you bring in.

Business owners within 500 feet of one of Hamtramck’s four mosques can’t obtain a liquor license, she complained, a notable development in a place that flouted Prohibition-era laws by openly operating bars. The restrictions could thwart efforts to create an entertainment hub downtown, said the pro-commerce mayor.

Vote.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join