It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago woman wants sex strike to end violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I thought this was an interesting story.
This lady wants women to go on a sex strike until their men put down the guns and stop the violence.

Could it work? My guess is no.
I think these ladies could change the gang culture by demanding more from their men. Is a boyfriend with a job to much to ask? Demand respect and things will change. Time will tell.

www.fox5dc.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The problem is... a great many of these people perpetrating the violence simply don't/won't take no for an answer. I mean violence is violence.

(post by stabstab removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why not just STOP DATING CRIMINALS!

Go down to the public library or local GamesWorkshop and give your affections and body to some nice, yet socially awkward, guy who doesn't make the world a terrible place?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

Yeah... If this became a real thing, I would foresee more aggravated rapes taking place.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Don't date criminals!?
That's a good concept...lol

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

but they are so cool and exciting...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

but they are so cool and exciting...

Unfortunately there are many women out there that like bad boys and don't realize they become bad men.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I've said this for years. Black women are responsible for the decline of the black community. Ultimately, if they had higher standards, you wouldn't see the carnage and destruction in the community.

For the most part, everything men do is to impress women. As long as there are hood rats willing to put out for thugs, then many guys are going to be thugs. Once women start demanding more of their men, over time, men will change.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I like the sentiment... but... I'm not sure how quick many of the women who are benefiting from their gang-ish boyfriends' actions would be to join the strike.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Very true but prepare for the hate replies....lol

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We have enough Waan?ers without creating more. lol

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

This lady wants women to go on a sex strike until their men put down the guns and stop the violence.

She should of said make prostitution legal, that would take care of men with sexual frustrations.... I've seen a lot of wound up nerds buy AR15 rifles etc.... their money would be better spent somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

My bride must have misread the rules for this strike. I'm not violent and my guns put food on our table.

My chore list is ninety seven miles long and I don't foresee this strike ending anytime soon.

How's that for white privilege???

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
Why not just STOP DATING CRIMINALS!

Go down to the public library or local GamesWorkshop and give your affections and body to some nice, yet socially awkward, guy who doesn't make the world a terrible place?

Seems like a good idea to me as well. But not sure it'll take off, hasn't yet at least.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm all for the end of violence, but this weird narrative of "boys like sex and girls don't" is a bit tired. This is 2015, girls don't have to hide their hormones and love of feeling good anymore. They can be open about wanting sex also (and they obviously are).

So, let's stop with this tired old misconception that women are "just doing it to make the guys happy" and that they are even in a position to "hold out". As we've seen many times, that just isn't real and doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Isn't this the plot of the new Spike Lee movie coming out, Chi-Raq ?

edit on 18-11-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I have been saying this since the 80's. Black women fail to see how much POWER they have.

They are the mothers, grandmothers, sisters, wives and girlfriends. That's a heck of a lot of power.

This is one way to get it back. You think it might be dirty play, but I can see this as step forward towards peace.

Seize your power and use it for good, you might save some lives ladies and change your future!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've heard that 40% of the Gang Bangers are into each other for sex. It's not like they have wives to deprive them of their sexual needs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join