It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Turkey Fans Boo Moment of Silence for Paris Attacks, Then Break Out Into This Chant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh, I know. I'm just suggesting the crowd was in a surely mood based on who they were playing and likely it carried over to the moment of silence for France.

I aware I'm being generous on this one.....

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: IAMTAT

hmmmmmm...

this is pretty F'd up

It's really not surprising. Whenever there is an attack on the west out come the muslim revelers.

Palestinians Party on 9/11

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I'm not 100% sure what's going on here because this also occurred last month at another match in Turkey (this time with Iceland), in a moment of silence for the 100+ victims of the Ankara, Turkey bombings.

Washingto n Post - Watch: Turkish soccer fans boo minute of silence for Ankara terror victims

Before a pivotal European Championship qualifier in the Turkish city of Konya on Tuesday, Turkey's and Iceland's soccer teams gathered at the center of the field for a moment of silence to honor those who died in the Ankara terror attack over the weekend. But what was supposed to be a poignant moment of national unity turned into a snapshot of the very real divisions rankling Turkey.

As the video above shows, a vocal minority of fans whistle and jeer during the minute's silence, while the stars of the Turkish team and most of the crowd look on in silence.

What they're apparently chanting is a Turkish nationalist slogan, "Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez!" (The martyrs are immortal, the fatherland is indivisible). I found a couple links to stories in the Turkish media but Google Translate isn't cutting it. I've messaged a friend of the family who is Turkish to ask if he can read a couple of the news stories and explain what's going on.
edit on 2015-11-17 by theantediluvian because: fixed link

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I want to believe that the overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world hate and condemn ISIS and are in total support of the victims of the ISIS attacks.

The majority of Muslims around the world are tired of being painted with a broad stroke by the western main scream media.

They have a entire stadium full of themselves painting that picture all by themselves right there and in your face.

edit on 17-11-2015 by everyone because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I will clarify.

Turkey feels like a victim. They have suffered quite a fe ISIS attacks. They host >2 million refugees from Syria.

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them Turkish blood is cheap".

This is not about support for ISIS or about radical vs moderate muslims, its about their feeling that no one cares about their suffering so they do not feel any solidarity withthe French people.

Maybe if the Turkey government didn't turn a blind eye to the fact they were supporting and harboring ISIS, and being a gateway to let ISIS in Syria, they would get more sympathy.

"Erdogan’s domestic critics say he has to some degree helped the rise of ISIS, as well as other Islamic militants. At the very least Turkey has turned a blind eye to them as they emerged in the Syrian civil war and increasingly formed the vanguard in the fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad. Some critics argue that Turkey’s intelligence agencies have gone farther and actively channeled arms supplies to the jihadists".
www.thedailybeast.com...

Isnt Turkey a NATO member and the only NATO country bordering Syria. ISIS was created by US/NATO who wanted them to remove Assad. Thus Turkey is so involved in helping ISIS, it is a US/NATO operation, not Turkey's alone.
edit on 17/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: hutch622

Iran has nothing to do with this vid.. It a Turkish event. Iran and Turkey aren't particularly friendly either.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They might be doing it just to piss Greece off and get under there skin as the two nations have a somewhat "difficult " relationship.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The two countries don't like each other very much....Cyprus.

Perhaps that's the source of this.

Damit you beat me too it.

But i think you nailed it.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The two countries don't like each other very much....Cyprus.

Perhaps that's the source of this.

Interesting.
So Cyprus represents France ? The moment of silence was for France, was it not?

Yeah but they know it would of offended the Greeks.

Anything to offend the greeks.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
They might be doing it just to piss Greece off and get under there skin as the two nations have a somewhat "difficult " relationship.

I can believe that, although it was horribly crass and insensitive.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So just to clarify, you're claiming that these incidents are not examples of muslims collectively circle jerking out of sexual excitement over the deaths of infidels, but rather that Turks are just classless douchbags that are incapable of holding their tongue for a mere 60 seconds of silence?

I dunno, I'm actually on the fence here, considering what I saw of the Turks in Germany back in the early 2000's.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: crazyewok

I can believe that, although it was horribly crass and insensitive.

Thats football or should I say soccer fans for you in most of Europe.

Trust me thats pretty tame. Riots can be pretty bloody when they kick off even between teams of ones own county , which is what the turkish fans were trying to incite.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What do you think was actually happening in this video?

Whistles are boos in Europe and Turkey too, I guess.

When the announcer called for a minute of silence, they were probably like, what about the millions of people killed by NATO bombs? A hundred die in France and they want us to observe a "minute of silence" , whatever that is?

The cacophony of whistles was their groundswell opinion about the hypocrisy of the west, not that people died in France, but wheres the observance of all the people that have died in endless western wars? And a moment of silence, what is that even? They bow their heads to Allah (God), not "silence'.
Double fail.

Strike three was probably on with the game already… "Play ball", lulz.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

So just to clarify, you're claiming that these incidents are not examples of muslims collectively circle jerking out of sexual excitement over the deaths of infidels, but rather that Turks are just classless douchbags that are incapable of holding their tongue for a mere 60 seconds of silence?

I dunno, I'm actually on the fence here, considering what I saw of the Turks in Germany back in the early 2000's.

You have much experience of European soccer?

I worked at a football (soccar) stadium in the UK years back when at uni, trust me fans can be crass, insensitive and outright violent and thats between teams of ones owns nation!

Its also pretty common for groups to go to games just to cause fights, they have been cracking down on that in resent years but it still happens.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: intrptr

I want to believe that the overwhelming majority of Muslims around the world hate and condemn ISIS and are in total support of the victims of the ISIS attacks.

The majority of Muslims around the world are tired of being painted with a broad stroke by the western main scream media.

They have a entire stadium full of themselves painting that picture all by themselves right there and in your face.

That hypocrisy is what they are booing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I will clarify.

Turkey feels like a victim. They have suffered quite a few ISIS attacks. They host >2 million refugees from Syria.

A few Turkish member on another site made it clear to me that no one had their minute of silence for them. No one changed their profile pic to include Turkish flag. I quote "To them non-white blood is cheap".

This is not about support for ISIS or about radical vs moderate muslims, its about their feeling that no one cares about their suffering so they do not feel any solidarity with the French people. And this feeling from what I can gather is quite wide spread.

The worst part is they are 100% correct. There were a few words from Obama but I don't remember any moment of silence. The minute by minute play by play certainly wasn't occurring but worse yet, the first link to the Blaze in the OP was 99% of the comments were "well Turkey is 99% Muslim, what do you expect?" Or the must be the moderates.....

The intolerance. Selfishness. As soon as it touches us close the borders, to hell with the women and children there might be a radical in there. Cowards.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dont understand why the Muslims are not taking an active role in stopping the extremists.

Why arent they telling their people to turn in anyone who trys to radicalize their followers?

There seems to be blow back from the Paris attacks against the peaceful Muslims, but maybe that will put pressure on them to turn the bad guys over to the police. I dont condone what is being done to the peaceful people, Im just saying I hope something good will come out of it and I hope the extra pressure will cause the Good Muslims to get involved with stopping this madness.

When I see the Muslim community take an active approach to stopping all radicalizations in their Mosques, then I will start to trust them again.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I dont understand why the Muslims are not taking an active role in stopping the extremists.

Why arent they telling their people to turn in anyone who trys to radicalize their followers?

It was just mentioned, Turkey got hit a couple times and have received 2 millions refugees. Pretty sure we haven't taken in 2 million. Displaced 2 million maybe. Does that count?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How freakin' RUDE can you get? Shameful. Good lord, can we see some MANNERS? Do we not have manners anymore? We are just wide open like people on Crack?

It must have been so difficult for the French and other normal human beings to have to hear this. I imagine some of them had to reach inside for some self-restraint.

I read the Palestinians were also quite jubilant upon hearing the news.

Anybody who says this is okay has become so open minded their brains have fallen out.

RUDE CRUDE and UNACCEPTABLE

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

I'm just pointing out that they did the same thing during a moment of silence for the victims of the Ankara bombings (who were Turkish), last month at a match with Iceland in Turkey.

As for the civility of sports fans, I live about half an hour from Philly and they hold court right at the stadium to adjudicate the assaults at the Eagles games. My understanding is that soccer fans are on a whole different level of insanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join